First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today after watching our flight get canceled to Florida for Spring-break the wife looked at me and said we are going drive instead. Many thoughts go through a man’s mind when that monent hits you.

One I’m going to see my in-laws with two thirteen year olds, this a trip not a vacation and 15 hours in any car just made it an odessey. Two.. really.. it is six o’clock PM, we still have to get to the terminal, get our bags back, get home then start driving. All I’m thinking about at this point is a stiff drink.. WTF. Then my mind wanders ok I’ve got the wife the daughter and her best friend all looking to me to set this right.

I’ve got two options in the driveway. A 2019 F150 crew cab Lariat (I’m not sure if it is called the Lux package) with the BO sound, adaptive cruise all that stuff or a 2022 Bronco Outer 2.7 SAS LUX. The bronco is smaller, averaging 15.9 mpg and this is a 1000m trip, but damn that would be fun to drive around in Naples for a week. What do YOU do?

**In full disclosure it took thee and half hours to get our bags so we just rebooked for Monday.

Update
New flight also canceled at 12:00 today, immediately threw all the stuff in the Bronco and hit the road for Ft. Meyer. Car drives really well and the seats are more comfortable than my F150. I’m very pleasantly surprised. We made it to Brunswick before tapping out for the night.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 people and a very long trip, I'm taking my F150 over my Bronco for every time.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rent an Expedition/Tahoe at the airport

OP
OP

lostinva

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rent an Expedition/Tahoe at the airport
So we were originally thinking that. We would just drive one way and keep the return flight. However, rental places aren’t letting you drive one way or maybe they have a limited fleet for that. Once we changed the drop off to Florida every company we tried showed sold out.

Sponsored

CheezBallz

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone who lives in Ft Myers, the weather has been absolutely beautiful down here this week (minus I tiny bit of rain last night). Take the bronco and you’ll love cruising the beach topless. I’ve been dying to get my bronco before it’s too hot to take the lid off.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did a 6000 mile road trip a couple months ago from SWFL to Fresno CA and back. Loved every mile. Take the Bronco. Pull the top and doors when you get here. Make memories. Road trip!

OP
OP

lostinva

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone who lives in Ft Myers, the weather has been absolutely beautiful down here this week (minus I tiny bit of rain last night). Take the bronco and you’ll love cruising the beach topless. I’ve been dying to get my bronco before it’s too hot to take the lid off.
Last night my head I was definitely leaning F150, but my heart wanted to load up the Bronco. The kids were going to want to go to sleep, though the road noise in the Bronco would have kept the wife awake to keep an eye on me. Once we crossed nine and we were still in the airport it stopped making sense to drive. We only would have gotten there a few hours earlier and would have had to cut it short on the backend of the week. You are right though it would have been fun! Just have to wait for it warm up a bit here in VA instead.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F 150. My only gripe about my 2D BL is driving when the wind is howling. It is a constant battle to maintain a lane with the sail area the rolling brick has. In comparison, My F 150 crew feels like a Bonneville racer as it slides through the wind. BTW, NEVER rent a car at an airport if at all possible. Renting a car from the same company at an intown location is always substantially less.

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just drove from outside Louisville to Lakeland in 14 hours on Friday in our 22 Badlands. Just as comfortable as our 21 Explorer and cant wait to get the doors off and soft top down and enjoy the warmer weather down here.

OP
OP

lostinva

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
F 150. My only gripe about my 2D BL is driving when the wind is howling. It is a constant battle to maintain a lane with the sail area the rolling brick has. In comparison, My F 150 crew feels like a Bonneville racer as it slides through the wind. BTW, NEVER rent a car at an airport if at all possible. Renting a car from the same company at an intown location is always substantially less.
Also if this ever happens to you immediately jump on your airlines app and start looking for options, take the first one you can live with. I know that seems really obvious but the family was emotional and was still hoping the airline was going to have something later in the evening we could take. Had I followed my gut and just taken the first thing that was offered we probably would have gotten to FL today instead of having to trek to BWI at 4am tomorrow.
Sponsored