First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yup. when I was at the dealer a month ago for my radar re alignment, i saw a guy there with a badlands. he was there reporting a gnarly clicking coming from the tail gate.. my bronco had 200 miles on it at the time and no sounds coming from tailgate. now with 600 miles on it its starting to click.. i tighten the spare and it seemed to help but its still there.. i have not even thought of bringing it in yet... hope ford figures out a fix.. this can only get worse and its pretty distracting just like the mic top clicking i had to jerry rig to fix... ford lets not worry about raptors and other stuff until you dial in this first one please.....

PMR

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The popping ticking noise was driving me crazy, and yes it did get worse and more frequent. I isolated it to the left center inside the tailgate. Took the spare off and it went away. So I bought the Rough Country tailgate reinforcement bracket and took it to my body shop guy and had it painted to match (Iconic Silver) - $100. I just installed it this morning, and it absolutely fixed all of the tailgate ticking. Not a single tick/pop over multiple roads. A total fix, So excited. I had it painted because I did not want the black contrast against Iconic Silver. Very pleased.
Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle tempImage8f70WF
Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle tempImagekYupKD

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
The popping ticking noise was driving me crazy, and yes it did get worse and more frequent. I isolated it to the left center inside the tailgate. Took the spare off and it went away. So I bought the Rough Country tailgate reinforcement bracket and took it to my body shop guy and had it painted to match (Iconic Silver) - $100. I just installed it this morning, and it absolutely fixed all of the tailgate ticking. Not a single tick/pop over multiple roads. A total fix, So excited. I had it painted because I did not want the black contrast against Iconic Silver. Very pleased.
I’m glad that fixed it .. I’m making ford fix mine and then I’ll add the reinforcement. Looks good painted 👍🏼

Graves_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Add me to the tailgate clicking/taping noise. I took it to the dealer, they feel it's coming from the bracket holding the spare tire. They submitted the problem to fords hotline and they're currently waiting on a response. I recommend anyone with this problem should bring it in to the dealer, the more documented problems to Ford the better chance we have on getting this fixed.

Also something I didn't know the 2 door and 4 door spare tire brackets are different, I figured they would be the same.

Sponsored

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Add me to the tailgate clicking/taping noise. I took it to the dealer, they feel it's coming from the bracket holding the spare tire. They submitted the problem to fords hotline and they're currently waiting on a response. I recommend anyone with this problem should bring it in to the dealer, the more documented problems to Ford the better chance we have on getting this fixed.

Also something I didn't know the 2 door and 4 door spare tire brackets are different, I figured they would be the same.
Let us know what they say. @Ford Motor Company it would be nice to have a service bulletin go out to the dealers about it. I have this noise and my dealer told me it was "normal" for the bronco.... we have a few bronco in our circle and mines the only one that makes it.

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rattling has gotten worse and more frequent. I contacted my local dealership service department to schedule an appointment to have it repaired and asked if there is a fix… to which they replied “not yet”. How has this not been addressed yet @Ford Motor Company ? It sounds like the tailgate is going to implode like a tin can.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My tailgate had loose clip like things laying on the inside which were rattling. It required extremely tedious pulling and prying along with drilling a hole in the inner plastic bracing to get it all out. My tailgate also squeaks bad but it's solved short term by lubing the seals

Bronco2474

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted to add to the list of issues with the tailgate. Mine started only after 100mi. of around town driving. I have the crease in the same spot as others have, also the tailgate latch side is in on the bottom. I'm also experiencing an annoying metal pop when going over bumps or Colorado cracks in the road. I suppose this is a weakness in the tailgate design supporting the spare tire.
I do have an appointment with the dealer in a couple week and will update. My service provider did not see any report from Ford for the issue but hopefully Ford will address this as more people report issues.

Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle IMG_7994.JPG

Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle IMG_7995.JPG

Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle IMG_7996.JPG

Graves_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got an update from the dealership on ford's response to the tailgate tapping/clicking, they are just going to replace the whole swing gate. So it seems ford doesn't know what the problem is or at least how to fix it. I guess I just have to hope it doesn't happen again...

Sponsored

Arranaga

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rattle was one of the two rubber spacers at the bottom of the spare tire. The screw is stripped and whatever is on the backside in the tailgate holding that screw is causing the rattle. Now I am trying to figure out how to secure it. When the spare is off. No rattle.

EthsBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good news everyone that is experiencing this issue. I recently installed the Rough Country tailgate reinforcement bracket. This has helped the issue tremendously. There is still a slight noise but again to be somewhat expected when there’s a 90lb wheel on the back of a aluminum tailgate. The produt is worth the money. Video shows you can do it by yourself. I needed a hand from my girlfriend to keep everything aligned for the bolts.

MJ21Hog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a rattle when I hit larger bumps. I had my son drive around while I rode in the back and I pinpointed it coming from the tailgate area. I tried opening the plastic latch cover to look inside, nothing there.
I then just sprayed some WD-40 on the latch and the strikers, took it for a drive and it went away!

Rattle free..... for now my OCD is held at bay. :)

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the same metal popping sound as well. Def the tailgate hinges, or tailgate itself. Mine started around 2000K miles. Driving me nuts. Sounds like popping pinch welds.
Sponsored