Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely interesting. Makes me wonder if quite a few have been parked. I know @mpeugeot hasn't parked his, what are you up to now? 50k? Mine's been sitting during the week, not because I'm worried about it, I just picked up a cheap little car to run back and forth to work.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely interesting. Makes me wonder if quite a few have been parked. I know @mpeugeot hasn't parked his, what are you up to now? 50k? Mine's been sitting during the week, not because I'm worried about it, I just picked up a cheap little car to run back and forth to work.
13k miles

Reactions: R11

matthiggins

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Engine blew Jan 15 and the saga continues!

My Bronco is currently sitting in the service department at Rountree Moore Ford in Lake City, Florida where I left it, having already had its engine replaced and 2 catalytic converters replaced. Still not running as intended!

The dealer is bringing an engineer down from Ford to help with the issue.

Other than the basic necessity of a rental car, I’m frustrated by the lack by Ford of offering any recompense for the fact that it has now been nearly 3 months (90 days!!!) since my engine died with no end in sight.

Communication from the dealer and Ford customer service has been nothing short of inconsistent.

Anyone who has been through this have any ideas of how I can push things forward?Against all odds at this point, I just want my Bronco back.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone who has been through this have any ideas of how I can push things forward?
I'd bail on that vehicle so fast it would make your head spin.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 92F76C01-7BE6-4AC8-995A-2E5E1EF66E28

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is currently sitting in the service department at Rountree Moore Ford in Lake City, Florida where I left it, having already had its engine replaced and 2 catalytic converters replaced. Still not running as intended!

Other than the basic necessity of a rental car, I’m frustrated by the lack by Ford of offering any recompense for the fact that it has now been nearly 3 months (90 days!!!) since my engine died with no end in sight.

Communication from the dealer and Ford customer service has been nothing short of inconsistent.

Anyone who has been through this have any ideas of how I can push things forward?Against all odds at this point, I just want my Bronco back.
You're living the nightmare, I'm sorry to hear that. Even if you don't seriously want to, just mention to your Customer Service rep you're pursuing the Lemon Law buy back. That will get you escalated quickly. Its like telling the Cable company that you're canceling, you get transferred to the "Customer Loyalty" reps. You may even go so far as to start sending them links to any other Broncos for sale in your area to prove you're serious. They don't want to pay ADM either.

Can you meet the Engineer on site at the dealer? I always felt better about the work going on when I went down and physically saw what they were doing.

The unfortunate situation here is that its a first time event for you, your dealer, and the Engineer. It always takes longer to figure out the problems and potential issues the first time. I had nightmares about my repair for this very reason, thankfully so far I'm good. We'll see how long that lasts.

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your states lemon law? Mine states if the vehicle has been in the shop longer than 30 business days you can force them to buy it back.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maverick will be my cheap little car

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm at 17,500...two of the 44 engine died on my born on date.
You probably win the lottery if you paid. Question: Do you pray everytime you drive your Bronco?

• Haha
Reactions: R11

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You probably win the lottery if you paid. Question: Do you pray everytime you drive your Bronco?
More like swinging a chicken overhead and chanting like in "weird science".

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm at 17,500...two of the 44 engine died on my born on date.
I’d have mixed emotions. I have dodged the bullet, but damn I’m getting closer to the end of my warranty

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d have mixed emotions. I have dodged the bullet, but damn I’m getting closer to the end of my warranty
If you’re in this timeframe you ought to strongly consider adding an extended warranty.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Honestly, there is no dodging a bullet, if the valve and its related components were not the made from the right materials or treated to increase its strength then it's a ticking time bomb and will fail. For some it may be early on and for others it could be at a higher interval. I don't care if my engine last to 100k miles, once it fails the whole engine detonates and is no longer usable. That is not good. I went to FORD parts yesterday and was shown that ordering the valves right now are black listed (you cannot order them separately). I am seriously thinking of replacing the valves myself once I know that the new improved valves are available to buy.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Precisely why I am going to get an extended warranty through Granger. If the thing doesn't blow up by 100-125k miles, it's not likely to fail unless I am the cause.

It will give me enough piece of mind to not worry about it too much. I am figuring the 6 year/125k is probably the best deal for me. However I am considering 6/7/8 years and 100k/125k/150k options at the moment. Granger is offering the extended warranty at $50 over their cost.

Normally, I would not bother, but there have been enough problems to get me to reconsider.
Sponsored