Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think most of us saw something like this coming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

FORD PERFORMANCE AND ARB TO CO-DEVELOP OFF-ROAD PARTS STARTING WITH WINCH-READY BUMPER FOR FORD RANGER

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2019/10/31/ford-performance-ARB-co-develop-off-road-parts-winch-ready-bumper-ford-ranger.html

1572457314148.jpg

• Ford Performance and ARB 4x4 Accessories are teaming up to develop components for Ford off-road enthusiasts
  • All-new winch-capable front bumper for the North American Ford Ranger is the first component from the collaboration, bringing even greater capability to the adventure-ready Ranger
  • A dealer-installed option, the winch-capable bumper will be available in 2020 from Ford Performance Parts for $1,495 MSRP
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 31, 2019 – Ford Performance and ARB 4x4 Accessories today announce a collaboration that will design and develop off-road accessories and vehicle recovery parts for Ford off-road enthusiasts, starting with a winch-capable front bumper for Ford Ranger.

“For Ranger customers who want the ultimate adventure gear, a Ford Performance collaboration with ARB is a dream come true,” said Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization and Accessories. “With 45 years of design and engineering experience in the overlanding and rock-crawling world, ARB is bringing additional options for Ranger customers looking to make their truck even more capable.”

Additional components designed to work with other Ford trucks and SUVs will be announced soon. ARB is known for aftermarket parts that include bumpers, roof racks, snorkels, air compressors, lighting and more....

------------------------------------------------

That last highlighted bit seems promising.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking through ARB's main catalog of products it seems plausible that the Ranger and Bronco could be offered with a selection of bumpers and skid plates comparable to the Chevy Colorado Bison package from AEV.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
God bless you guys who spend $1500 on a bumper (and then go trash it..........)

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sacrificial defense.

I'd rather mess up a bull bar or skid plate than the more delicate, labor intensive, and expensive parts behind them.

:piggybank:

Sponsored

EJHF150

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST / 20 Aviator / 20 Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sacrificial defense.

I'd rather mess up a bull bar or skid plate than the more delicate, labor intensive, and expensive parts behind them.

:piggybank:

A little old lady ran in to my 2017 F150 in the middle of a parking lot two weeks ago. Lighting Blue with a 5" lift and 35's... Not sure how she could hit it, but the Bull Bar saved the front end of the truck. Her Corolla was basically totaled. I have a new Bull Bar coming in the mail courteous of her insurance company instead of having to get a new bumper, grille etc...

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like there could be a special line just for this kind of thing?

union agreement 1.png

Ford seems pretty confident about the future hopefully all goes well.

On an unrelated note, it looks like the Mach E will be made at the Flat Rock plant.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cool. I like seeing GM working with AEV, and Ford working with ARB. I think the companies on both sides of the partnerships learn from each other.

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've always thought that the success of the New Bronco was a two part equation...

First part... The Bronco engineering team has to deliver a competitive robust vehicle.

Second part... The aftermarket engineering world has to deliver all the cool add on parts that this segment has with the competitors.

Perhaps there is a third part... we will do what we've always done. Make the things we can't readily buy in our garages.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the release of the ARB front bumper on the current Ranger... a huge step in the right direction. I suspect we will see everything from roof racks to suspension upgrades from the aftermarket when the Bronco finally hits the showroom floor.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One piece from the reveal announcement caught my eye and brought me back to this article ...

In addition to the vehicles, Ford is planning an aggressive rollout of hundreds of accessories to help boost profitability. The automaker has made changes to its accessories business following the launch of the Ranger midsize pickup in 2019 to ensure parts will be available at launch, dealers were told.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
One piece from the reveal announcement caught my eye and brought me back to this article ...

In addition to the vehicles, Ford is planning an aggressive rollout of hundreds of accessories to help boost profitability. The automaker has made changes to its accessories business following the launch of the Ranger midsize pickup in 2019 to ensure parts will be available at launch, dealers were told.
absolutely! That’s a MASSIVE reason why people love the Wrangler!
Can’t tell you how many Jeep accessory stores we have here in the 419. It’s really hard to see the same wrangler twice (unless it’s a basic sport trim)

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The thought process is that you kill the bumper to save the expensive LED lights.
(y)
Sponsored