broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After months of wait, I finally received my front RokBlokz mud flaps for my Badlands Sasquatch.
This is a preliminary review, in development. In summary, for now it’s a disappointment.

So, for $300 you receive 2 brackets and 2 thin pieces of plastics with dozens of little screws all unmounted. They tell you to use loctite, but it’s neither pre applied nor included. Fine. After you are done playing legos and assemble the whole thing and loctite everything, comes the problems.

The first and main issue is that the flaps rattle a lot as soon as you touch them and on the road (see attached video). They also don’t stay in place properly as there is a lot of play vertically (also shown in the video).
I contacted the support and sent the below video and they replied that the only thing they can think of is to make sure the hand screws are tight.
I fully unmounted the brackets and tightened the hand screws to the point I cut my finger. Still exactly the same issue. On the second video I put way the bracket from the wheel well and you can clearly see the little piece of metal they use is the problem moving up and down.
I replied to them today after doing those tests, and will update here when they reply.

Second issue is the clearance for your tire. Less than an inch at a certain tire angle. The screws on the bracket are already in contact with the wheel wells so can’t really push it more towards the wheel wells. Could be an issue. See picture.

Third issue is the fitment, it doesn’t really sit nicely against the fender flare. That’s mostly esthetic, not a functional issue. See picture.

I have feeling this product has not been tested well (on Sasquatch that is, their website and instruction shows a non Sasquatch with different bracket).
I will update this post once I get any new update from their support. Hopefully they make it right.

Update:

• Rokblokz acknowledged the issue eventually and shipped new clips that fixed the up and down movement of the flap.
  • I still have this issue: following Rokblokz instructions to sit the bracket right against the wheel well, the metal clip threads protrude in a way that eat into the wheel well liner. Then putting the hand screws makes it even worst cause they are too long and go past the metal clips. I used spacers for that. If you don’t sit the bracket against the wheel well, then the flap won’t sit against the fender flare properly creating other issues (less clearance for the tire, rattle, etc).
Update after months of use: it works to protect my Bronco from mud and rocks. screws come undone from time to time. It’s expensive for what it is, but so far it gets the job done and so I will say I am fairly satisfied despite being a beta tester at the beginning, customer service handled everything properly.

Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Review 818E9AD5-04A1-4F9F-A670-7188540F087B
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Review C6505136-3C64-4B25-8FF7-C400A8622E69
Sponsored

Last edited:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh man that’s horrible if installation is correct, and regardless there is no substance or design to those flaps. I’d expect more from them.

I don’t like the Weathertechs but am still putting a $40 pair on my fronts until something I like comes along. Cuz…$40 and fit SAS OBX.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn. The price never sat well with me due to the prices of, well... everything else on their site. But despite my misgivings I ordered anyway. Today I had a change of heart and canceled. Now I'm really glad I did, as they could've shipped any day now.

Sponsored

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fack! Mine just shipped. I guess I’ll install and troubleshoot how to make $400 flaps not do that.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man that’s horrible if installation is correct, and regardless there is no substance or design to those flaps. I’d expect more from them.

I don’t like the Weathertechs but am still putting a $40 pair on my fronts until something I like comes along. Cuz…$40 and fit SAS OBX.
I’ve been happy with my $40 weather tech mud flaps that I have on the front. They don’t look the best, but serve their purpose. Sorry these didn’t work out for you.
Congrats on spending a tenth of the money, less time, all for a better result so far. Screw me on this one… lol.

Hopefully it’s just an issue on the ones I received. But even then TBH after seeing them in person not worth the price. Really flimsy.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

tenor.gif

Reading about people spending $200 or $300 or whatever god amount on mud flaps will never cease to amaze me. I'm more than happy to go down to NAPA and buy some cheap rubbers!

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been watching these forever and probably would have pulled the trigger if they were $250 or less.

Really hoping for your sake and everyone else's that this can be fixed or at least they can update their design.

Might want to try changing the fastener to something that you can tighten with a wrench?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you for sharing all of this information coming from your hands on experience with them and looking forward to your updates as things progress. As luck would have it, mine (fronts only) shipped out yesterday. I think they will be staying sealed in their boxes and I'll watch this thread for updates to see if the issues you encountered are resolved and if others have the same issues. Given RokBlokz's good reputation, I have to imagine they'll get the fit/install right for you (and for all of us if it's not an isolated issue). I suppose the one concern that will likely remain is the flimsiness (and corresponding value) you mentioned - do you think that stems from the design, or the thickness of the material used, or just the material itself?

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope their paying attention to this thread. A lot of people are going to be cancelling their order based on your one experience.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for this. Just cancelled my order and ordered weathertech for now.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After months of wait, I finally received my front RokBlokz mud flaps for my Badlands Sasquatch.
This is a preliminary review, in development. In summary, for now it’s a disappointment.

So, for $300 you receive 2 brackets and 2 thin pieces of plastics with dozens of little screws all unmounted. They tell you to use loctite, but it’s neither pre applied nor included. Fine. After you are done playing legos and assemble the whole thing and loctite everything, comes the problems.

The first and main issue is that the flaps rattle a lot as soon as you touch them and on the road (see attached video). They also don’t stay in place properly as there is a lot of play vertically (also shown in the video).
I contacted the support and sent the below video and they replied that the only thing they can think of is to make sure the hand screws are tight.
I fully unmounted the brackets and tightened the hand screws to the point I cut my finger. Still exactly the same issue. On the second video I put way the bracket from the wheel well and you can clearly see the little piece of metal they use is the problem moving up and down.
I replied to them today after doing those tests, and will update here when they reply.

Second issue is the clearance for your tire. Less than an inch at a certain tire angle. The screws on the bracket are already in contact with the wheel wells so can’t really push it more towards the wheel wells. Could be an issue. See picture.

Third issue is the fitment, it doesn’t really sit nicely against the fender flare. That’s mostly esthetic, not a functional issue. See picture.

I have feeling this product has not been tested well (on Sasquatch that is, their website and instruction shows a non Sasquatch with different bracket).
I will update this post once I get any new update from their support. Hopefully they make it right.

Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Review tenor
Ford Bronco RokBlokz Mudflaps Review tenor
I just want to make sure this is clear. When you say they rattle on the road are you saying you can actually hear them moving while driving? If so can you hear it over music or is it just when you are coasting at a slow speed with nothing on?

I agree that any movement is disappointing just trying to understand how extreme it is. Thanks for the in-depth review!
Sponsored