Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still holding out hope the 2nd van is antimatter blue and not velocity. There are 10 cans and 10 colors available at launch. Why would they exclude one of the launch colors and show the late availability color? It just doesn’t make logical sense. There are some pictures of a 4 door antimatter with the doors off in Ford’s promo materials that look close to the 2nd can. I’ll see if I can find them.
Agreed. In another thread, I pointed out the frustration created by "inconsistencies" like this in Ford's presentations and materials. Got my head taken off. But one might think that these are all key buy-in opportunities meant to impress buyers, not confound them.
I appreciate others chiming in with the blue color correction. It looks like Lightning Blue to me, it has that hue of purple to it and is more cobalt than Lightning which seems a truer blue with less other color mixed in. The GF has a Lightning Blue Ranger so I know that color quite well. Also, let me provide some better side-by-side of the colors. Having Ford Performance Blue (with it's horrible turquoise base shade) next to the blues makes any determination difficult.

mustang comparison.jpg

comparison 2.jpg

This is Lightning and Velocity side-by-side. Lightning is darker and deeper. Note that as the vehicle reverse position based on angle of photo it helps get a better understanding of their characteristics.

Here are some pics of Lightning Blue on the ranger in various lighting so you can see how much more cobalt/purple is in it compared to Velocity. You can't go wrong with either.... I'm actually leaning towards Velocity as the better blue (DON'T TELL HER!)
Trailer.jpg

Ranger and Fleetline 2.jpg

Now, all that being said, The Cactus Gray and Cyber Orange both seem to be heavily influenced by ambient lighting. Especially the Cactus which can go from drab gray all the way to a surf green.... That's the color i'm leaning towards, having a weak spot for Fender Surf Green and all..... But need to see some ACTUAL production sprays of it to get a full understanding of it's characteristics.
GREAT comparison. Thanks for all that.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So lets take away all the "so called" names and give these colors their real name. I hope no one hates me for this.

(i think they bought this can like this)Red, Ford Blue, Dark Gray, Silver, Light Gray, Navy Blue, Orange, White, Black, Maroon.

Thats what I see here, any thoughts?

Last edited:

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a fan of red, but that Race Red is awesome. Also Area 51 looks good and I was considering Cactus Gray for about two weeks, but am definitely going with Cyber Orange.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's been a roller coaster to get here from the leaked Baby Bronco, but I am loving Area 51.
I like A51 too, but does it almost look "GRAY"??? Would like a straight on shot of the face of the cans.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wish they would've offered flat or matte paint options.
Until you had to maintain that finish or have anything resprayed.

Matte finish is an epic PITA to maintain, especially as it slowly becomes more glossy with more washings. It's a high-maintenance finish that has no place on a mass-produced vehicle which doesn't cater to the wealthy (who will spend the money to have others take care of their car).

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like A51 too, but does it almost look "GRAY"??? Would like a straight on shot of the face of the cans.
It feels like it goes between powder blue, blue-gray, and dark teal for me. It's so hard to place.

Sponsored

JustPlainJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That can was definitely V-Blue. If you can...go down to your Ford dealer and look at the colors in person. Here is a Ford Raptor in that color. V-Blue is nice...but I prefer a different shade after seeing it in person.

F49CB528-ECAF-4586-9F61-2DADC7010B5C.jpeg

BE68316A-EEA7-4468-86DB-4E40050B0A44.jpeg

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking further at the can that we are guessing is "black" .... I'm thinking that can may actually be Antimatter. If you zoom in you can see hints of blue coming off the lighted parts of the can. Can't be a reflection of blue since the neighboring cans are not blue.

Is anyone else seeing the blue that I have circled as well when zoomed in??
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Paint Color Samples from Ride Event BE68316A-EEA7-4468-86DB-4E40050B0A44
I thought the same thing for a second but I think its black. Black reflects images of things around it. I could be wrong. But more then likely that's black. Hopefully someone who was there can clarify.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It feels like it goes between powder blue, blue-gray, and dark teal for me. It's so hard to place.
Its definitely one if those colors you have to see in person. I hope we get the chance to see the Bronco Sport before ordering or at least in person color samples.
Sponsored