First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 wranglers, porsche 911 and Taycan 4s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do people find as the best aftermarket soft top to buy.
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
hmm... honestly, customers and even as a dealership, we have not had good luck with the current aftermarket tops. Either bad functionality or costs are way to high for the average consumer

The Ford OEM Soft-top is honestly the best IMHO. The Bestop Trektop does not come close... for the price tag and functionality. Basically is a wind-sail, it doesn't go all the way down

OP
OP

drjmak

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ty but is that the twill or the vinyl. When I called ford they give me two prices. One like 2300 and another that was less

Mirunner

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 or 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm... honestly, customers and even as a dealership, we have not had good luck with the current aftermarket tops. Either bad functionality or costs are way to high for the average consumer

The Ford OEM Soft-top is honestly the best IMHO. The Bestop Trektop does not come close... for the price tag and functionality. Basically is a wind-sail, it doesn't go all the way down
I was thinking of getting that soft top. I like the look of it, but the functionality of it isn't that great if you plan to take the top down like I do in my JK quite a bit in the warm weather.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was thinking of getting that soft top. I like the look of it, but the functionality of it isn't that great if you plan to take the top down like I do in my JK quite a bit in the warm weather.
I'd personally avoid it and try finding a OEM soft top through the forums... you'll be happier I believe

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Bestop Trektop on my 2 door, and love it. Can't speak for the 4 door.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think there's a best aftermarket soft top, just an only aftermarket soft top.

I see people swapping out the Ford top for Bestop, so that has to make you wonder. I bought a 2dr Bestop and it's not warm enough to put it on yet, but I saw one installed in person and they're nice.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically gonna be the same in terms of noise, and longevity. So pick a look

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is an interesting review to hear. The OEM top that comes on the jeep is NOT made by Bestop and I have heard nothing but bad things about. Any top that you buy from ford after the fact is a Bestop.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Bestop so interested to hear from those who actually have them.

And to answer the OP question as far as im aware Bestop is the only option.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is an interesting review to hear. The OEM top that comes on the jeep is NOT made by Bestop and I have heard nothing but bad things about. Any top that you buy from ford after the fact is a Bestop.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Bestop so interested to hear from those who actually have them.

I don't have experience with the OEM top, but have the twill Bestop on my 2dr and I love it! It’s super well made and I like the functionality of it. I know some people don’t like that it doesn’t fold all the way back and sits on the rear roll bar, but I actually prefer it. It’s 100% out of view in the rear view and it doesn’t feel any less open than no top. YMMV on that part though.

it’s also a fair amount cheaper to purchase directly from Bestop than from Ford.

6FA70464-C432-49B9-BB3E-B830ED9452E1.jpeg

E0926D2F-7178-4C90-8AFF-BE77B7821FD8.jpeg

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the Bestop, I love the look in safari mode with the sides and back removed, and it keeps the sun off my bald melon. Wear a hat, full open and it's also great, as it lays on top out of the way of the rear view, unlike the stock top for moar doors. I can also swing the top back, and have side and rear tinted windows in place. I can also remove a handful of fasteners, and rock no top. To me, it's very versatile.

OP
OP

drjmak

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have a pic of the best top open and as far back as possible with no side windows and one with the side windows in the back still on

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a pic of the best top open and as far back as possible with no side windows and one with the side windows in the back still on
2 door or 4?

Fred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had high hopes for MyTop electric that goes up and down in less than 10 seconds with the push of a button. But the one on their web site looks fugley. Side windows are too small. So I am still looking, but I have time. No vin no nothing! October 2020 reservation, March 2021 order, October 2021 had to re-order. Are we having fun yet?