First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Along with most, I am still waiting on my original order (2door sasquatch black diamond). I did mention I may want to look into a Raptor. Maybe I'm going through a quarter/mid-life quarantiney-induced crisis cause I for sure do not need that much car haha. My thought was well.... it took 2+ years for my original build, I'm sure the Raptor will take another 2-3+ years.
My dealer just messaged me and let me know that they have 1 allocation left for a Raptor and if I want it, it's mine..... however, they are asking for 15K over MSRP.
Just some side info: I wouldn't be losing my initial build by ordering the Raptor it would be a separate order. I will be able to pay my initial build in full (silver lining of the wait, more time to save up). I 100% have no practical need for the raptor, I'm single w/ no kids, I'm an RN, practically live at the hospital, and I don't even off-road. I think I just really enjoy the look and maybe the thought of jumping curbs or running over stuff (told you potential crisis haha).

Here are/is my questions/dilemma:

-What are your thoughts on the production of the Raptor.... do you think it's going be as long as it's been for this initial round of broncos?

-With an allocation, could I potentially get the Raptor prior to my initial build? or close to?

-I honestly don't really like this dealership, is 15K+ even a decent deal? I've seen MSRP and 5K+ MSRP for Raptors.

-I am kind of looking at the Raptor as something I could potentially flip easily. I know the market is forever changing, weird w/ things transitioning to electric, and who the hell knows when this would even arrive....... but thoughts on resale value?
Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

15k mark-up is about right. If you can effort it, get it. This Bronco will hold its value!

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well considering i called my dealer today to check on some things and they told me they got a raptor allocation and are selling it for 40k over MSRP id consider 15k over a steal. Personally, I'm a die-hard manual guy so i have no interest in the Raptor. I say if you got the money, why not?

OP
OP

grovex017

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well considering i called my dealer today to check on some things and they told me they got a raptor allocation and are selling it for 40k over MSRP id consider 15k over a steal. Personally, I'm a die-hard manual guy so i have no interest in the Raptor. I say if you got the money, why not?
My dad didn't love me enough to teach me manual, so I'm still here for the Raptor. JK I'm sure he could tell my mental limits weren't ready for that type of multitasking at 16 haha

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMHO, I think it's silly to buy a Raptor, if you have no real use for the key functionalities. Consider spending the money on some real things you will do.

From a purely financial standpoint in terms of reselling the Raptor, hard to say. Initially you could probably find some chump to pay even more than 15k markup, although you'd need to cover any taxes and fees you paid, and deal with the hassles.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dad didn't love me enough to teach me manual, so I'm still here for the Raptor. JK I'm sure he could tell my mental limits weren't ready for that type of multitasking at 16 haha
My dad was always a car guy. Didnt have a lot of em but loved to work on them. We used to watch Top Gear together growing up and cars are just one of my things that I enjoy. Still have the 1968 MG B GT my dad bought that I learned stick on. Though it was my older brother that taught me how to drive it not my dad. Raptor is definitely cool no doubt about it. But its really wide with those fender flairs and the standard bronco is already pretty wide. Id be interested to see one in person but my guess is its even wider than a hummer. Again, if you can aford it, why not? More power more fun in my book lol

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, I can do a lot with $25K+ to my existing Badlands order to get it where I wanted vice starting at +$25K & still having to spend thousands to get it to where I want it.
YMMV :cool:

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buy both probably make money on both

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stopped by my local dealer for an oil change yesterday, they are 15K over a Big Bend....can't imagine what they are going to charge for a Raptor

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody that pays high ADM is a fool and part of the problem. SAC got 10 Raptors and they're $500 below MSRP. Dealers only charge it because people are dumb enough to pay it. Why do people want to start out the gate so far upside down on a depreciating asset? Dave Ramsey would have a meltdown.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, I can do a lot with $25K+ to my existing Badlands order to get it where I wanted vice starting at +$25K & still having to spend thousands to get it to where I want it.
YMMV :cool:
Definitely! If you're handy, $25k would definitely do a really nice suspension set up and a good performance boost from the 2.7L. And you'd probably still have money left for cosmetic and light upgrades.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMHO, I think it's silly to buy a Raptor, if you have no real use for the key functionalities. Consider spending the money on some real things you will do.

From a purely financial standpoint in terms of reselling the Raptor, hard to say. Initially you could probably find some chump to pay even more than 15k markup, although you'd need to cover any taxes and fees you paid, and deal with the hassles.
This is my take as well. Could I afford one if the dealer called me yup. But I have no interest in a raptor. I’d rather someone who will actually love it and use it as it was meant to be used.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely! If you're handy, $25k would definitely do a really nice suspension set up and a good performance boost from the 2.7L. And you'd probably still have money left for cosmetic and light upgrades.
Yep, right know I'm at about $15k for suspension, axles, steering upgrades armor upgrades, fenders & hood replacements + paint. Maybe another $1k for the Raptor dash when available. well below $25k ;)
But I understand that people will want the Raptor Bronco badging/ trim and all the factory upgrades and find it collectible so it really depends on what you want. :cool:
Sponsored