First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been searching B6G and Amazon for exactly that type of connector. Thank you!
You are welcome. I used a large drill bit to start the hole and then use the dremel to finish it off

cybercoaster

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you mount the remote head in the place? I'm running the same setup but with ftd400.

kk7ama

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Bronco Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is an install that I completed yesterday, for those looking for something similar. Yaesu FTM-300DR, Dual Band Comet antenna, fixed on a NMO-N feed line connector. Head unit is mounted under my drivers seat with the remote head mounted under dash display. Now I just need to put a mic clip in.
Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution 65CADF5A-9126-4904-BCD9-E1E97CD8814A

EE2D574C-6FB2-46D7-A7E0-746EEDE49C7A.jpeg

6DEA8FEC-8494-4AB9-8A75-D27A630B6A61.jpeg

0DFE70A0-1F1E-487A-97CE-907466088AB7.jpeg

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is an install that I completed yesterday, for those looking for something similar. Yaesu FTM-300DR, Dual Band Comet antenna, fixed on a NMO-N feed line connector. Head unit is mounted under my drivers seat with the remote head mounted under dash display. Now I just need to put a mic clip in.
Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution 0DFE70A0-1F1E-487A-97CE-907466088AB7

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution 0DFE70A0-1F1E-487A-97CE-907466088AB7
How much wind noise do you get from that bar and antenna location?

Sponsored

kk7ama

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Bronco Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is a great question. So to best answer , I just grabbed a short video clip. Local winds are 10 gusting 15 while driving ~75 mph. There is a very mild whistle. The most noticeable is the uptick in wind resistance. Its not so loud as to be an annoyance to me. I forgot to mention the vertex speaker that was also installed. Overall, I am pretty happy with this. 73

image.jpg

Attachments

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great spot for the radio! I was wondering where I'd mount one. Bookmarked this to come back to when the time comes. Thanks!

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I did. SWR is 1:21. Mounted my Midland in the front of the center console.

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution image

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution image

How did you mount to the floor? Velcro, or is there some sort of bracket?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh that's not bad. Not too far from what I had to do to replace the touchscreen on a previous car. The original link mentioned taking out the seats lol
Perfect!!! I was wondering how to get into the dash. Thx.👍👍

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tidy2000

Tidy2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 Raptor SCrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great spot for the radio! I was wondering where I'd mount one. Bookmarked this to come back to when the time comes. Thanks!
Here are the parts of what I worked up. I need to get a better picture of it in action, but...

The first is the CAD drawing of the plate that's mounted (by heavy duty velcro) to the area above the aux switches/sunglass holder. It uses GoPro connectors to an arm, then another GoPro Connection to the back plate for the head unit. I found some thumb screws that match the wonky metric screws that go in to the back of the head.

All of the angles are adjustable and that tan clip gets super glued to the back side of that red base plate to hold the cable for the head, in case we want to remove the radio head. If we want it all gone, we just peel it off that heavy duty velcro.

I'll get a better picture of it in use later for everyone.

I can post the .STL files on Thingiverse if anyone is interested in printing.

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution 1650062025554

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution camphoto_5916492.JPG
Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution IMG_8213

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are the parts of what I worked up. I need to get a better picture of it in action, but...

The first is the CAD drawing of the plate that's mounted (by heavy duty velcro) to the area above the aux switches/sunglass holder. It uses GoPro connectors to an arm, then another GoPro Connection to the back plate for the head unit. I found some thumb screws that match the wonky metric screws that go in to the back of the head.

All of the angles are adjustable and that tan clip gets super glued to the back side of that red base plate to hold the cable for the head, in case we want to remove the radio head. If we want it all gone, we just peel it off that heavy duty velcro.

I'll get a better picture of it in use later for everyone.

I can post the .STL files on Thingiverse if anyone is interested in printing.

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution IMG_8213

If you could email me the file that'd be amazing! My good friend has a 3D printer and said he wanted to print something for the Bronco but I haven't found anything I needed just yet.

OP
OP
Tidy2000

Tidy2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 Raptor SCrew
Your Bronco Model