First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like the title stated, what's your Want/Need?
Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
4-dr and 5000lbs for me. I didn't do multiple votes since I'm only interested in a 4-dr for the interior size and maximum versatility, decent sized fuel tank.

4-dr with 5000lbs+ tow capacity would be a kickass versatile SUV, would check off every possible category in the SUV world at a reasonable price.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want a Bronco bad, but have to have the towing. I voted for 5k minimum on the 4dr because I feel that is entirely possible (they should be able to get 6k+).........but if I could get 5k on the 2dr, I wouldn't even wait for year 2 and I'd gladly pay the ridiculous 1st year markups all the dealers around here will be charging.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally the tow rating of 3500 lbs. is more than enough for me. That's what my four door JK has and the most I have ever towed is a small trailer with an engine crane in it.

For everyone that wants a higher towing capacity, I bet you could look to aftermarket for a different suspension setup to get you there. Although, at that point the Ranger would probably be a more realistic option.

Maybe the Bronco truck when that comes out?

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if the new Defender can do it why canā€™t the Bronco?

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm buying a Bronco because I want an offroad vehicle. If I wanted to tow heavy things I'd buy another pickup.
If I wanted to tow heavy things Iā€™d buy a truck too. But 5000lbs really ainā€™t that heavy. Suvs and small trucks tow almost double that, bigger trucks tow triple that. If asking for 7-8k or more then yea, go for an suv or truck thats already rated to do that.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My current towing vehicle has a max of 1500lbs...which I'm over a bit with my camper + stuff.

3500lb will be plenty for my current setup which I won't soon be moving away from. More is better though with towing... I certainly don't need more than 3500lb but I expected ~5000lbs which would be good for all I'd ever need.

Last edited:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm buying a Bronco because I want an offroad vehicle. If I wanted to tow heavy things I'd buy another pickup.
If I wanted to tow heavy things Iā€™d buy a truck too. But 5000lbs really ainā€™t that heavy. Suvs and small trucks tow almost double that, bigger trucks tow triple that. If asking for 7-8k or more then yea, go for an suv or truck thats already rated to do that.
ā˜Right there

By the sounds of it some people think it's more reasonable to use a 3/4 ton to tow their trailer to their campsite, drop it off and go home, then swap trucks for their Bronco and bring it out. And do it all in reverse at the end of the trip.
Sponsored