Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thinking of getting either the Icon stage 8 suspension or the Baja Kits long travel with the bypass mounts. Looking for some input on which would be the better set up in forums members opinions.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picking a suspension has a lot to do with how you intend to use your vehicle. For example long/ wide is best suited for open dessert running vice tight trail / rock crawling.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Better set up for what?

OP
OP
OddBall88

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amount of travel, overall shock quality, smoothness of the suspension. I’d be mostly driving at higher speeds then any hardcore rock crawling.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Amount of travel, overall shock quality, smoothness of the suspension. I’d be mostly driving at higher speeds then any hardcore rock crawling.
I am going with the Stage 8 Icon, but I will be using the Bronco for the full spectrum of off-road spirited driving from rock crawling, and tight trails, to high-speed sand dunes and desert driving. For the high-speed driving aspect, the long travel would give you about a 20% performance increase in extra travel and suspension dampening. I'll just get myself a Bronco Raptor once I paid off the Bronco. Two off-road SUVs is better than one :)

Sponsored

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thinking of getting either the Icon stage 8 suspension or the Baja Kits long travel with the bypass mounts. Looking for some input on which would be the better set up in forums members opinions.
I am going with the Stage 8 Icon, but I will be using the Bronco for the full spectrum of off-road spirited driving from rock crawling, and tight trails, to high-speed sand dunes and desert driving. For the high-speed driving aspect, the long travel would give you about a 20% performance increase in extra travel and suspension dampening. I'll just get myself a Bronco Raptor once I paid off the Bronco. Two off-road SUVs is better than one :)
Definitely go Icon! I've had Icon suspension on my last 2 vehicles, went with Stage 9 on my tacoma and absolutely love it. The adjustability of the CDCV shocks is so awesome to have. Being able to hop out, switch your dial, and hop back in the truck when you get to a trail to control the dampening is an epic add-on. That paired with the E-Click computer system on Stage 8 is a no-brainer.

If either of you end up ordering, feel free to reach out to get an order in. First round of suspension for those who already purchased should be reaching customers sometime in the next month (if projections went accordingly) and we should start seeing some installations and the rave reviews we're expecting.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely go Icon! I've had Icon suspension on my last 2 vehicles, went with Stage 9 on my tacoma and absolutely love it. The adjustability of the CDCV shocks is so awesome to have. Being able to hop out, switch your dial, and hop back in the truck when you get to a trail to control the dampening is an epic add-on. That paired with the E-Click computer system on Stage 8 is a no-brainer.

If either of you end up ordering, feel free to reach out to get an order in. First round of suspension for those who already purchased should be reaching customers sometime in the next month (if projections went accordingly) and we should start seeing some installations and the rave reviews we're expecting.
I'm looking at stage 8, however I understand that ordering now Icon has about a 5 month lead time? I don't mind waiting, but does that sound about right?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't imagine spending $50k on a vehicle and then throwing another $10k at it in suspension. Not even including the probable wheel and tire upgrade. Man this is an expensive hobby for some.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm looking at stage 8, however I understand that ordering now Icon has about a 5 month lead time? I don't mind waiting, but does that sound about right?
That's correct. Even pre-covid I think I waited about 3-4 months for my suspension.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine spending $50k on a vehicle and then throwing another $10k at it in suspension. Not even including the probable wheel and tire upgrade. Man this is an expensive hobby for some.
There are a lot of people paying $50k + another $10k+ for a stock bronco. Depends on how you look at things.

Sponsored

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it’s important to know that all of these use the stock suspension mounts, and dont add any width to really gain more usable travel. Because of that your getting the same setup with different shocks basically.

Also, Baja kits is not a long travel kit as it keeps the stock geometry and ROM. They do have a secondary bypass mount, which address a key issue as higher speeds which is damping control. The trade off is that you give up significant ground clearance.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s important to know that all of these use the stock suspension mounts, and dont add any width to really gain more usable travel. Because of that your getting the same setup with different shocks basically.

Also, Baja kits is not a long travel kit as it keeps the stock geometry and ROM. They do have a secondary bypass mount, which address a key issue as higher speeds which is damping control. The trade off is that you give up significant ground clearance.
The Bajakits prerunner kit is 3" wider per side and does increase travel

https://www.bajakits.com/i-31570316-2021-ford-bronco-3-prerunner-kit.html?ref=category:1459200

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Bajakits prerunner kit is 3" wider per side and does increase travel

https://www.bajakits.com/i-31570316-2021-ford-bronco-3-prerunner-kit.html?ref=category:1459200
My apologies, I don’t know they released that one yet. But that’s still not a long travel setup, that’s a mid travel, which is probably why they call it the prerunner.

The lead time is 40+ weeks for shocks on that setup. You gotta ask yourself… can you wait that long?

Availability is the best ability today. If it were me, I would get the Icon kit if you can get it in a reasonable amount of time, and preorder your shocks for the prerunner setup.

In 40+ weeks if you like the icon setup you can keep it, then you can sell the prerunner kings to just about anyone looking to do it.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My apologies, I don’t know they released that one yet. But that’s still not a long travel setup, that’s a mid travel, which is probably why they call it the prerunner.

The lead time is 40+ weeks for shocks on that setup. You gotta ask yourself… can you wait that long?

Availability is the best ability today. If it were me, I would get the Icon kit if you can get it in a reasonable amount of time, and preorder your shocks for the prerunner setup.

In 40+ weeks if you like the icon setup you can keep it, then you can sell the prerunner kings to just about anyone looking to do it.
It depends on what you consider LT, but I’ve talked to BajaKits about this setup since the wheel travel number in their description didn’t seem right (you should be getting 11” on stock counting your shock stroke is good). Wheel travel with that new LCA is actually around 13” counting you’ve got a good stroke length which few would consider mid travel

It’s LT in my book. Also, there is no such thing as “prerunner kings”.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It depends on what you consider LT, but I’ve talked to BajaKits about this setup since the wheel travel number in their description didn’t seem right (you should be getting 11” on stock counting your shock stroke is good). Wheel travel with that new LCA is actually around 13” counting you’ve got a good stroke length which few would consider mid travel

It’s LT in my book. Also, there is no such thing as “prerunner kings”.
Sorry typo on that, “prerunner kit” not kings, although prerunner kings sound awesome. 13-16” is where most mid travel truck systems range. LT for me is 16” or greater with the upper arm mount changed and usually the coil bucket redesigned. I’ve installed and ran both on raptors, and there is a huge jump between the the two. It’s like jumping from a leaf truck to a 4 link.
Sponsored