Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here y’all go:

Through some friends of friends, I was able to get these photos of the real Ford paint samples sent to me. (And that's all I'll say about that...)

Area 51 and Antimatter Blue inside, in full sun, and in half sun half shade. Pics were taken on an iPhone with no touchup or filters. Both really look like two entirely different colors in the light vs. not. This has not made my decision ANY easier haha.
View attachment 24522
View attachment 24523
View attachment 24524
Answers all Area51 and Antimatter blue questions
Sponsored

PhilKesselRun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jaguar XF-R Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone had an experience owning a white car?

If I lower my model to big bend because of $$, it will between Velocity and the White, I like bright vibrant colors

Is white a pain to maintain? I heard it actually easier than almost other colors
We buy all of our fleet vehicles in white as they don't show dust and scratches as bad as other colors. Obviously mud shows up pretty bad though haha

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Caught this screen grab from the CNET video (in the reviews / coverage thread) - all the colors lined up except antimatter blue....

Race Red, Velocity Blue (confirmed by Ford) , Carbonized Gray , Iconic Silver, Cactus Gray, Area 51, Cyber Orange, Oxford White, Shadow Black Antimatter Blue (confirmed by Ford), Rapid Red

2021-bronco-exterior-colors-paint-sample.png
Well Antimatter Blue is out, might as well get black. Cactus gray and A51 are just two different colors of primer, Cyber Orange is school bus yellow, Velocity blue requires longer wait, looks like Im down to a red, carbon gray, or oxford white. Only way I will get white is if we get a white top option I guess.

BamaGrad

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are 3 colors I really like.
But, like other folks, I feel like green is missing.
It's a traditional truck color going back to the 1950s, and should be represented here. The Guard green on the F-150 is decent, but could be improved upon. I think of a green '74 Thunderbird affectionately known as "The Tank" I once drove....
In fact, I am surprised by the lack of earth tones in general. There are certainly plenty of "Look at me!" colors, but what about those folks who want to blend in with the scenery? The camo crowd? I mean, there are times when you want to d I s a p p e a r.
If you really want to disappear just get one of the 6 greyscale colors they’re offering and blend in with every other car on the road

Sponsored

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Caught this screen grab from the CNET video (in the reviews / coverage thread) - all the colors lined up except antimatter blue....

Race Red, Velocity Blue (confirmed by Ford) , Carbonized Gray , Iconic Silver, Cactus Gray, Area 51, Cyber Orange, Oxford White, Shadow Black Antimatter Blue (confirmed by Ford), Rapid Red

2021-bronco-exterior-colors-paint-sample.png
I was going to screen grab this too. It gives a good look at the colors side by side and I wouldn't mind some more pics of these. Area 51 looks like it is becoming my final choice. I am surprised they would show velocity blue here and not antimatter... unless that is antimatter and velocity is even lighter because that blue looks like the blue on the website to me for antimatter
I’m liking Area 51 too, that or Velocity blue are my top choices.(for now)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well Antimatter Blue is out, might as well get black. Cactus gray and A51 are just two different colors of primer, Cyber Orange is school bus yellow, Velocity blue requires longer wait, looks like Im down to a red, carbon gray, or oxford white. Only way I will get white is if we get a white top option I guess.
To me, the Oxford White actually looks good with the carbon hardtop. I'm planning on the BL so it has the carbon grille to at least match something up but then everything else are different shades of black.

gilko

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Vitara 2 door, F150, and others.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you really want to disappear just get one of the 6 greyscale colors they’re offering and blend in with every other car on the road
I couldn't agree more about the endless pavement colors in fashion these days. Stand on any corner, and count the colors that pass you. See how few are not black, red, white, or gray (includes " silver", just another gray; the only really silver looking paint I ever saw was a $4K premium color on a Porsche).

Of course, I meant blending in with the Great Outdoors....foliage, rocks, soil. I think all 4x4s should be offered in greens, tans, and brown, as have been so many Jeeps over the better part of a century they have been made.
Not that I would buy a modern Jeep. Fiat-Chrysler junk! Highest resale value, lowest quality. I have waited years for a doorless, topless alternative!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me, the Oxford White actually looks good with the carbon hardtop. I'm planning on the BL so it has the carbon grille to at least match something up but then everything else are different shades of black.
If I get Oxford white it will be partially wrapped like a Stroppe EB.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here y’all go:

Answers all Area51 and Antimatter blue questions
I've had 4 white, 4 silver, 3 red, 2 black, 2 blue, 1 yellow, and 1 gold throughout the years and to me white is the easiest color, it just goes from a bright white to tan, there was a couple of times I forgot how white my car was after I was washed it. Also, a standard white, no metallic anything does buff out easy, doesn't really fade and looks good with black accents and just about any other color you want to add.

I'm really liking both the blues so I'm with you on that part but white really is a blank slate too.
silver is the color that looks clean the longest. Black is the worst, last two vehicles have been black but damn I love black. Cause I’m back in black ?

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

silver is the color that looks clean the longest. Black is the worst, last two vehicles have been black but damn I love black. Cause I’m back in black ?
Silver and white are tied in my history, both are low maintenance colors, probably explains why they're popular. All these offered colors are hard to choose from, my last car (now sold) was VW's Dark Iron Blue and was really a different color everyday depending on the weather, I liked it but never really loved it however it didn't ever look dirty even when it was.