Grave Digger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grave Digger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone heard of a snorkel kit being offered? Does anyone know when they will release the accessory list? As far as water fording goes, I I vaguely remember them quoting 30 or so inches? The alternator is at the lower aspect of the engine which is a concern. Hopefully they mount the air cleaner adjacent to a fender for modding. I wonder if someone will come with with an aftermarket alternator/snorkel hit. I have never heard of a submersible alternator but please educate me, I suspect their quoted water fording numbers are based off height of alternator. This $hit happens when you start using one engine for Every application.
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone heard of a snorkel kit being offered? Does anyone know when they will release the accessory list? As far as water fording goes, I I vaguely remember them quoting 30 or so inches? The alternator is at the lower aspect of the engine which is a concern. Hopefully they mount the air cleaner adjacent to a fender for modding. I wonder if someone will come with with an aftermarket alternator/snorkel hit. I have never heard of a submersible alternator but please educate me, I suspect their quoted water fording numbers are based off height of alternator. This $hit happens when you start using one engine for Every application.
You would think ford would offer this an an option.

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

omg gf had a 2006 escape one day she came home not charging ,no problem went to parts store got new alternator next day spent 6 hrs raplacing it. To this day the hardest alt replacement ive ever done! Why put a wear item like that in an incessable area is beyond stupid .
Look on you tube escape alt replacement its almost funny unless you own one.
Got rid of it shortly after that and at the jeep dealer we opened the hood on a 2019 jl wrangler 3.6 and there was the alt dead center top of engine wow she saw that and said ill take it lol.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In actuality the alternator IS submersible in clean water, but u will not be wheeling in that. Mud/silt/sand will kill it. The purpose of a snorkle is not to save the alternator but the motor. If u get in too deep and your airbox sucks water you will have a far more serious problem...I am going to start another thread on this topic, but because the 2 engine choices are split i can't figure where to post it!

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4WD 24-7 on youtube had a snippet in one of their videos talking about using a regular alternator but wearing out due to mud and debris getting in the unit. or using a waterproof alternator at a much higher premium. think he said it was like 3 regular alternators to the price of one waterproof one, which is why he chose the regular unit. check it out if you havent already great channel.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In actuality the alternator IS submersible in clean water, but u will not be wheeling in that. Mud/silt/sand will kill it. The purpose of a snorkle is not to save the alternator but the motor. If u get in too deep and your airbox sucks water you will have a far more serious problem...I am going to start another thread on this topic, but because the 2 engine choices are split i can't figure where to post it!
Hydro static Lock is a bummer, we lost some engines to it in the Army.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Supposedly they're working on one, but I doubt it'll be available at launch.

• Intake is on passenger side, snorkel has been discussed in meetings as an accessory. He hasn't seen for sure if it will be available from factory, but suspects it will be one of the accessories.
From this thread

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I look forward to Ford or aftermarket based solutions. I’m interested in a “dork-el” because I do have a few local trails with legit water crossings. Pushing water up over the hood is rare but it does happen. It’s never been an issue for my Tacoma, but I’ve watched several brand new Jeeps get hydrolocked there. Also based on the engine bays shots I’ve seen (yes, preproduction & no, I don’t know which engine it was) the air intake was pointed forward passenger side, right up front. So, I’m not sure (because Magical preproduction for everything makes all facts fuzzy) but this forward facing air intake gives me pause. Of course breathers and such will need to be evaluated and relocated higher as needed.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

omg gf had a 2006 escape one day she came home not charging ,no problem went to parts store got new alternator next day spent 6 hrs raplacing it. To this day the hardest alt replacement ive ever done! Why put a wear item like that in an incessable area is beyond stupid .
Look on you tube escape alt replacement its almost funny unless you own one.
Got rid of it shortly after that and at the jeep dealer we opened the hood on a 2019 jl wrangler 3.6 and there was the alt dead center top of engine wow she saw that and said ill take it lol.
tenor.gif

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These days, alternators are not a common wear item. My early bronco wanted a $50 new one every 40k or so. But I haven't had to touch one in 30 years, and I run my vehicles to 250 or 300k.

I do not submerge them either. That's like jumping a Raptor. It'll do it. For a while.....

With regard to a snorkel, I'd like one just to the intake further up out of the Colorado dust.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know if Ford will have one (probably not) but ARB (and maybe others) offers one for the 2.3L Ranger.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only if it comes with a breather kit.

Then again, most people use them for dusty roads rather than fording water. So I’m down either way.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ARB makes a snorkel for the Ranger:
ARB-RANGER-FALL-17_1096x480.jpg

I would think that the Bronco would be similar (at least the 2.3L version).

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These days, alternators are not a common wear item. My early bronco wanted a $50 new one every 40k or so. But I haven't had to touch one in 30 years, and I run my vehicles to 250 or 300k.

I do not submerge them either. That's like jumping a Raptor. It'll do it. For a while.....

With regard to a snorkel, I'd like one just to the intake further up out of the Colorado dust.
On the 2nd Gen Broncos it was the starters that were always going out. Can't tell you how many I have bought throughout the years. Seems every Gen has their gremlins.
Sponsored