Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Loooong time lurker here (way before pineapple pizza was conceived) but I got the previlege of attending the Bronco ride along event.

I'm on the opposite spectrum at 5'3" and the Bronco was fine for me climbing in. The side steps helped but would honestly be fine without it.

Rode both the Bronco Sport, Bronco, and Bronco R.
Thanks for the review!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Afro

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent video! Thank you! Can you speak to your video equipment and the finished presentation? What model GoPro? Was it attached to the bar on the dash and powered through the available top of dash power source? Did you need to use a gimbal? If not, did the YouTube finishing software take out the shaking? I was amazed at how good the video presented considering the bumpy trail! Kudos!
Sorry I should have stated when i embedded the link but the video I included is not from me. I only referenced it since it shows the exact section of the course that corresponds with my experience.

OP
OP
Afro

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being next to & then getting into the Sasquatch, did it feel exceptionally big/tall? Do they seem wide? Thanks for the great info. Reinvigorating for sure.
Me standing at 5'3", everything is tall. Relative to an F150, it was slightly shorter and less narrow which has been proven in some other threads. With the roof off, it does feel shorter since your removing a few inches from the top silhouette. If you're used to driving a full size truck, these will be no prob.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes sir - some vehicles (I believe some models of BMW) have an option to turn it off.
but yeah, typically its piped through the radio speakers (most of which in Ford's are garbage from China now) and it doesn't matter if music is on or off.
Sounds like a good reason to cut the speaker wires. Or put in my own Big Red Button to do it for me.

I want to listen to the actual motor, not some made up BS.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like a good reason to cut the speaker wires. Or put in my own Big Red Button to do it for me.

I want to listen to the actual motor, not some made up BS.
Hold the god damm phone one minute here..
Are you guys saying that car makers are putting in audible motor noises that mimic motor exhaust notes?
I am coming from the 4Runner world with very dated tech so I was unaware of such things.
I am picking up what you are putting down correctly?

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are you guys saying that car makers are putting in audible motor noises that mimic motor exhaust notes?
I am coming from the 4Runner world with very dated tech so I was unaware of such things.
man I am laughing so hard at this..
I’m with you though; it’s weird. In my Golf R, it had a “Soundaktor” that made an additional vibration at the base of the windshield; it had a very aggravating noice to it occasionally. But overall, the sound of the
“engine” was phenomenal in that car. Deep too.

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

man I am laughing so hard at this..
I’m with you though; it’s weird. In my Golf R, it had a “Soundaktor” that made an additional vibration at the base of the windshield; it had a very aggravating noice to it occasionally. But over the sound of the
“engine” was phenomenal in that car. Deep too.
My lord. It is a real thing then.
No words.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, lots of manufacturers are doing it. Not a fan, myself, but it's not something you can (easily) do much about.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the great review! I just finished my order for a Bronco Sport Badlands but I also have a deposit down on a Badlands Bronco. So maybe, just maybe, I'll get one of each. The sport for an all-around vehicle and the big bad Bronco for the rest!

Sponsored

Ford49

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/'65 Mustang/F-150 Lightning/Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Guys, the noise being piped in is no big deal. It is called a sound symposer. They make delete kits. All you really have to do is unplug an electrical connection under the hood. No check engine lights/good to go.

I actually prefer it in my Fusion sport with the 2.7TT. Also my Focus ST had it and when I had stock exhaust I liked it also. I unplugged it just to check it out and the car was too quiet. Of course I got upgraded exhaust, unplugged, and never went back.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So they pipe engine sound through the speakers like in the 2011 movie “The Dilemma” with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James? Hmmmmmm, I guess those two finally sold their technology to the automakers. Good for them. :ROFLMAO:

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks....comes in thru radio speakers? ...even with the radio off???
The new mustangs use a sound tube that brings in intake noise. No clue if it’s similar to the bronco. But there are plenty cheap sound tube deletes for people that don’t like the sound.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm having a difficult time wrapping my brain around this also. i suppose it is a way to help ease the pain of no rumbling V8 for those whiners out there that complain about it? Either way, this shit is going to be disabled one way or another on my new Ocnorb. Maybe it could come in handy for manual to listen to the "engine" rev for shifting, if the 2.3 is really that quiet? Either way, not liking the sounds of this or a lot of the tech, tbh. And I work in IT nonetheless. But i'm sure I'll get used to it lol
Sponsored