First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there! My Bronco is my first off road vehicle and I actually think it would be fun to take it off road. I was thinking about Silver Lake Sand Dunes up in Michigan since it's just a 3 - ish hour drive from Chicago.

I was wondering if anyone here has done it in their Bronco yet and if they can tell me about it?

I had a couple of questions...

Can the Bronco fun the sand dunes without a problem?

Is it just like throw it in Sand Mode and get on it?

I saw the 94 db noise limit...I have the stock exhaust on my 2.7L should I worry?

The website says tires at 15 psi max...For real? that seems awful low but what do I know?

Is there anywhere to re-air my tires nearby when I'm done or do I have to bring my own compressor?
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there! My Bronco is my first off road vehicle and I actually think it would be fun to take it off road. I was thinking about Silver Lake Sand Dunes up in Michigan since it's just a 3 - ish hour drive from Chicago.

I was wondering if anyone here has done it in their Bronco yet and if they can tell me about it?

I had a couple of questions...

Can the Bronco fun the sand dunes without a problem?

Is it just like throw it in Sand Mode and get on it?

I saw the 94 db noise limit...I have the stock exhaust on my 2.7L should I worry?

The website says tires at 15 psi max...For real? that seems awful low but what do I know?

Is there anywhere to re-air my tires nearby when I'm done or do I have to bring my own compressor?
Bronco will be perfect on sand dunes. I went with my 4runner and was fine.

Sand mode or even normal with 4H engaged will work

Your 2.7L will be below the noise limit

I ran my tires at 20 PSI

Right outside of the park there is a place to air your tires back up.... And it's free! So don't worry about needing compressor or anything

OP
OP

400HPMustang

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco will be perfect on sand dunes. I went with my 4runner and was fine.

Sand mode or even normal with 4H engaged will work

Your 2.7L will be below the noise limit

I ran my tires at 20 PSI

Right outside of the park there is a place to air your tires back up.... And it's free! So don't worry about needing compressor or anything
Excellent thank you for the info! This is great, I'm super excited. I have a buddy with a Wrangler and I think he wants to come up with me.

Any other info you could share? Any chance of getting stuck anywhere and not getting out? Anything I shouldn't try to do? I want to make sure I have my bases covered and have fun by also don't want to end up in a bad way with a new truck.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always been a trail guy but taking mine to the dunes turned out to be every bit as fun. They're really good at it.

I ran 12 psi and it felt pretty good.

You're going to make your buddy want a Bronco when you blow past him effortlessly.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You wont have any problems with noise and your Bronco wont be a limiting factor. Depending on your schedule, you can probably get a few other Bronco's to join you as well. We will probably get something together in May with members of the Michigan Bronco Club. Join here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/groups/michigan-bronco-club.17/(B6G) , our club site (link below) or Facebook and we can connect you with park details, other interested owners and maybe some reviews or pictures of the dunes.

I have not taken my Bronco yet, but enjoyed Silver Lake many times. It get's very busy on weekends, so plan ahead!

Park details and requirements are found here, they are very specific around trail permits, sound, flag, flag type and measurements!

https://michiganbroncos.club/site/location/silver-lake-state-park-orv-area

I am not on Facebook, but it shouldn't be hard to find us there :)

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent thank you for the info! This is great, I'm super excited. I have a buddy with a Wrangler and I think he wants to come up with me.

Any other info you could share? Any chance of getting stuck anywhere and not getting out? Anything I shouldn't try to do? I want to make sure I have my bases covered and have fun by also don't want to end up in a bad way with a new truck.
I found that some of the hills you can get stuck on haha but if you are careful and make sure you don't over power it when in loose deep sand you should be fine. My advice to you is keep your head on a swivel. Watch for those flags as you go up the hills because folks will be coming from every direction. just stay safe out there and have fun!

OP
OP

400HPMustang

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dunes are a blast but I always rent vehicles to do it, or take advantage of friends. Donā€™t like sand in my parts or my vehicleā€™s parts. Dirt washes off, sand is a P.I.T.A.

OP
OP

400HPMustang

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dunes are a blast but I always rent vehicles to do it, or take advantage of friends. Donā€™t like sand in my parts or my vehicleā€™s parts. Dirt washes off, sand is a P.I.T.A.
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Sponsored

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
Took my Bronco there last September, it did great! However, 7 months later and Iā€™m still finding sand I missedā€¦.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sponsored