John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
☝Right there

By the sounds of it some people think it's more reasonable to use a 3/4 ton to tow their trailer to their campsite, drop it off and go home, then swap trucks for their Bronco and bring it out. And do it all in reverse at the end of the trip.
That's the way I'm seeing it as well.

All of these comments.... "You should just buy a truck or some other vehicle to tow with." ... well... maybe they should just go and buy a Side-By-Side to 4 wheel, sense they "apparently" already have a Truck to Tow with.

I can't help to sit back and think.... how would someone get a Dully with a fully loaded trailer weighing in at 5000 lbs. up and though some of the off-road trails that the Dully (or other Full Size Truck) are just to big to go through even without a trailer????
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's the way I'm seeing it as well.

All of these comments.... "You should just buy a truck or some other vehicle to tow with." ... well... maybe they should just go and buy a Side-By-Side to 4 wheel, sense they "apparently" already have a Truck to Tow with.

I can't help to sit back and think.... how would someone get a Dully with a fully loaded trailer weighing in at 5000 lbs. up and though some of the off-road trails that the Dully (or other Full Size Truck) are just to big to go through even without a trailer????
Or just maybe we don't really care about crawling over rocks and smashing our new Bronco. Maybe we just want to tow a few quads up to a cabin, maybe some jet ski's. Hell why not a small boat?

At some point people need to let others live their own lives. It's obvious that people on this forum WANT A BRONCO. It's obvious that people here want it for different reasons.

We can always take the same stance the other side is using: If you want an 'off-road' vehicle buy a jeep, a side by side, or hell go all out and buy a fuckin tank for all I care. In other words, stop being a dick already!

At least @Lakelife36 & @The Pope get it. To each his/her own.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

the defender 90 (no air bags) is similarly rated
All the new Defenders have air suspension. It's the same air suspension that's on every other Land Rover.

The Defender is a highway SUV with good offroad chops. Just like a Porsche Cayenne and the VW Touareg back in the day. You can throw the Audi Q7 and Jeep Grand Cherokee in that group too.

They all have air suspension and/or stiffer spring rates, lower CGs, and tires with thinner sidewalls and higher load ratings.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird. It's showing air suspension as standard even on their base model on their site.
that's because you're looking at the 'first edition'. pretty similar to the bronco 'first edition'. comes fully tarted up :)

the bog standard 90 has coils

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
☝Right there

By the sounds of it some people think it's more reasonable to use a 3/4 ton to tow their trailer to their campsite, drop it off and go home, then swap trucks for their Bronco and bring it out. And do it all in reverse at the end of the trip.
Many people don't know jackshit about versatile 4WD SUV's with a low-range 4WD transfer case that can tow, and at a reasonable buyin cost. It's a small niche.

Reasonable buyin cost is a big deal. Land Cruiser and Land Rover is ridiculous cost. 4Runner is reasonable, Ford should shoot to not only top the Wrangler but also the 4Runner.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco is only available with a class II hitch receiver. Class II is rated at 3500lbs.
If the Class II receiver itself was the limiting factor then they'd have mounted a Class III and we may not even be having this discussion. There are two or three other threads on this forum where the actual governing issues are discussed in depth.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the new Defenders have air suspension. It's the same air suspension that's on every other Land Rover.

The Defender is a highway SUV with good offroad chops. Just like a Porsche Cayenne and the VW Touareg back in the day. You can throw the Audi Q7 and Jeep Grand Cherokee in that group too.

They all have air suspension and/or stiffer spring rates, lower CGs, and tires with thinner sidewalls and higher load ratings.
And yet our GC trailhawk w/ air suspension, higher tow rating, thinner sidewalls and small tires can go 90% of places anyone with a bronco will be going.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, and ... ?
I may have quoted the wrong post my bad. Was trying to say that these guys wanting a “offroad” vehicle and why they were buying a bronco and didnt care about towing. I was trying to say that there are other capable suvs out there just as offroad capable but allow people to have multi-purpose use for them. Sure the doors and top dont come off, but those 2 things dont make a vehicle “Offroad” capable.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I may have quoted the wrong post my bad. Was trying to say that these guys wanting a “offroad” vehicle and why they were buying a bronco and didnt care about towing. I was trying to say that there are other capable suvs out there just as offroad capable but allow people to have multi-purpose use for them. Sure the doors and top dont come off, but those 2 things dont make a vehicle “Offroad” capable.
I suspected as much haha.

There a definitely a lot of SUVs I'd get if I felt I may be towing more. I also suspect there may be solutions for the Bronco from Ford or the aftermarket. We'll see. So far the only information we have for the Bronco are some preliminary numbers ...

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is the deal, I would like 5K towing capacity; however, I am still getting the Bronco and adding a Class III hitch. I would like to pull a off road trailer park it at the campsite and go wheeling. I do not want to pull that same trailer over any advanced/rough terrain. For the Bronco it is almost here and we all want one. Is it perfect, no it is not; pretty damn close.
Sponsored

Last edited: