First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks to StickerFab, Sharpie Markers and zmancj, my blue delete project is complete...

Black Stickfab insets for grab handles
Yellow Sharpie on Blue Thread = Green Seat Stitching
Black Vent Tabs replace blue

IF I could only get the color of the electronic speedometer and all the graphics neutral colors...

Sponsored

OP
OP
PonyStable

PonyStable

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dying to know the man hours required to handle every last stitch with the sharpie. That’s some serious dedication
4 count on each stitch. About 90 minutes per seat in the front. A great 4/20 project.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PonyStable

PonyStable

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How long do you expect the sharpie to last? And don’t you think it will rub off onto you clothes?
So far so good with rubbing off. I probably would not have done it if it required a darker color, but Yellow seemed easy. I'll keep you posted on its staying power.

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So far so good with rubbing off. I probably would not have done it if it required a darker color, but Yellow seemed easy. I'll keep you posted on its staying power.
awesome, thanks.
I gotta commend the effort and having the creativity to think of adding yellow sharpie to the blue stitching to match the eruption on green.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EG on roast is the best combo on the Bronco to date. Nice work on the stitch color change. In addition to Sharpies, there are dye pens available at an art store that can do a 'more' permanent job, but I'm not being critical. Sharpie will last a LONG time.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How long do you expect the sharpie to last? And don’t you think it will rub off onto you clothes?
Michael, I did the white stitching in a GM plastic car in red. I would do several at a time, and them wipe the excess. Most all interiors these days have a protective coating, and it won't soak the dye in, so it's just wipe and go. I used the Marvy permanent marker (great product) just because a forum member recommended that brand, but I'm sure Sharpie will do fine. Just get the permanent dye marker. I did two passes on the entire interior, and as I recall it took about three hours, or as we call it a "2 beer job". It dries fast, and doesn't rub off. Do a inconspicuous area first to make sure you're good to continue. Three years later when I sold the car it was still good as the day I did the job.

BTW, the steering wheel was the time consuming part as I don't bend in the same places I did when I was a kid. :)

stedydrizl

Outer Banks
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I applaud you for your level of commitment. I also can't believe Ford still hasn't corrected that dam blue accent when ordered with most colors. When I saw that video of the two women going over the colors and patterns for this product, I figured it was a joke. Now I actually believe that is who designed this thing. They could of at least consulted the original Eddie Bauer Team ! Great Friggin Green though ! Much respect.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Michael, I did the white stitching in a GM plastic car in red. I would do several at a time, and them wipe the excess. Most all interiors these days have a protective coating, and it won't soak the dye in, so it's just wipe and go. I used the Marvy permanent marker (great product) just because a forum member recommended that brand, but I'm sure Sharpie will do fine. Just get the permanent dye marker. I did two passes on the entire interior, and as I recall it took about three hours, or as we call it a "2 beer job". It dries fast, and doesn't rub off. Do a inconspicuous area first to make sure you're good to continue. Three years later when I sold the car it was still good as the day I did the job.

BTW, the steering wheel was the time consuming part as I don't bend in the same places I did when I was a kid. :)
Nursin' those beers, I'd say.
Sponsored

Last edited: