Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No V8 option. Not for HP, 0-60, or 1/4 mile times, but because when you are standing next to this rig it screams “ where’s the V8?” It is too brawny not to have a V8 option. Plus , less rotation of mass means longer life. Other then this, my knee keeps hitting the headlight switch and without the “ lights are on” warning chime, I would have had a dead battery on more then one occasion. I’ m learning. Lol

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No V8 option. Not for HP, 0-60, or 1/4 mile times, but because when you are standing next to this rig it screams “ where’s the V8?” It is too brawny not to have a V8 option. Plus , less rotation of mass means longer life. Other then this, my knee keeps hitting the headlight switch and without the “ lights are on” warning chime, I would have had a dead battery on more then one occasion. I’ m learning. Lol

Same here about the lights. I get the chime shutting off which tells me the switch moved from auto to on. Other than that, 2300 miles of Bronco bliss.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cluster gauge layout is dumb. Why do I need an analog speedo and a digital speedo? Wasted space. I believe the Raptor dash was the "upgraded cluster" nonsense from the original marketing materials. Should've been in all Broncos.

The interior plastic trim material is just absolutely the worst. Soft, scratches easily, squeaky and cheap feeling.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The double honk whenever you get out with the key in your pocket while the engine is running.
Everything else has been great. Soft top was a real surprise in how much I like it. Quiet and warmer in winter than expected. Now that it’s getting warmer outside, flipping the top back is simple and changes the whole vibe of the ride.
No squeaks or rattles, as of yet, just over 5k miles. Plastic quality reminds me of what’s in a typical work type truck. If you are careless, it’ll scuff and show marks. I have no issues as it is a utility vehicle.
It’s development was centered around off road capability and combining high-tech features. Don’t expect anything luxurious or super refined. It does what it’s intended to do and doesn’t hurt that it looks awesome!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Bronco has a battery saver function, on top of the headlight circuit has a timeout feature when the SUV is not running. You wont kill your battery, but I've done the knee thing too.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO you can make a huge improvement on the system for about $200 and an hour of work. Just replacing the four 4" speakers and adding some baffles was enough to get it acceptable.

That said, I'm sure the above system would blow mine out of the water.
I tried stepped upgrades. I did the 4" speaker upgrade back in August of last year and it was definitely better, it just wasn't loud enough or enough bass until I went to a subwoofer (I posted the process and final configuration). We each have our preferences and tolerance levels for certain things :)

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Audio system is not good. $750 and about 10 hrs of tinkering fixed it.
I second this. I came from an '18 Colorado with a Bose sound system and the Broncos system was pathetic to say the least. I upgraded the 4 inch speakers all around and tweaked some settings with Forscan and now it's decent enough for me.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hardtop noisy(even with soundproofing) compared to Raptor. no driver seat memory or AC seats 😂
Curious on the drivers seat memory. Do you switch drivers often? I heard someone say they like to adjust the position on long drives - something I've never done, but seems like a good idea. I initially wanted the memory but then realized that I never really move my seat and when I do, it's faster to move it manually.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wipers don't go fast enough. Carplay is annoying and doesn't work in rural areas, so I have to use sync. I get completely and totally drenched when opening the door in the rain. Those are my complaints.
I've been wondering about the rain thing. It's known annoyance on Wranglers, but haven't heard mention of it on the Bronco yet. On my wrangler, I got used to it. I think I just wait a second after opening the door and it's fine.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a whole section on this forum dedicated to issues with the Bronco that you might want to check out. Aside from blatant mechanical or quality issues with specific Broncos, the things someone coming from a "normal" car or SUV might be bothered by in a daily driver include:
  • Wind noise from the top
  • Really bad gas mileage
  • Subpar sound system
  • The near-vertical windshield being more susceptible to cracks
  • Collected rain being channeled by the roof into open windows
  • Tires throwing rocks and dirt
These things are somewhat typical for this type of vehicle, so it's not like the Bronco is especially horrible in these regards. Just things to be aware of.
It's a Bronco thing, you wouldn't understand? Sounds like anyone coming from a Wrangler will feel at home.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a Bronco thing, you wouldn't understand? Sounds like anyone coming from a Wrangler will feel at home.
It’s not even close. I loved my Jeep but it was way more of a compromise. 4hr road trips were exhausting. Ride was horrible, bump steer was ridiculous, constant steering correction, terrible tire wear. Bronco is just as easy to drive and live with as my F150. There are definitely trade offs for the removable top and frameless windows. I have 33” all terrain tires and vinyl seats and floor. Definitely not luxurious, but not annoying for the uses I have for the Bronco. I just gotta have tunes! 😉

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wondering about the rain thing. It's known annoyance on Wranglers, but haven't heard mention of it on the Bronco yet. On my wrangler, I got used to it. I think I just wait a second after opening the door and it's fine.
That does not work with the Bronco. In FL with the rain, a hair dryer and a change of clothes is needed. At least with my soft top.
Sponsored