John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep flip flopping between A51 and Cactus Grey. Basically, I want to do this colorway:
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

...which is supposedly CG, but every time I see color samples this looks more like A51. I need to see them with my own eyes, apparently, and actually see the official colors in real life.

The way AB transforms in sunlight is really cool, though.
I would have to say this is definitely CG.. the white top probably throws off the contrast and makes it look darker. Not to mention, both colors look different at different times of day and different camera lenses.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My problem is I dislike shades of gray, and I can’t decide if Area 51 has too much gray in it or not.

I am torn between A51, AB and CO.

Worried about Cyber Orange Pearl looking too school bus or caterpillar.

Worried about Area 51 being too gray.

Think Antimatter Blue isn’t as fun, but is a safer choice and will look good in contrast with a white top.

Can we get white racing strips up over the hood?

Wish Ford had less gray choices and more fun choices ...

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AM is more elegant and stands out better. I had the same colour, but it was named different on my Mazda

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade IMG_2413.JPG

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade IMG_2414.JPG

Sponsored

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for this op.
I have a photo saved to my phone of the area51 in the shade (below) and I love it more than the others. Seeing it in the sun helps. Would be a great color at the beach. While the shaded variant of it is gorgeous

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade 86944152-38BF-48D0-A8CB-FE8DC0BB134D
I agree I like the area 51 as well. I'm just wondering whether I get a blacktop or a white top with that

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think I might switch to Antimatter Blue if I can get the white hardtop.

Although I've owned several dark blue cars like this and man do they show every single scratch/dent.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's my build. Been set on it for the past few weeks ever since i saw Leno's car and realized how dark antimatter is. It's true to its roots.

AB+White top all day. Never looking back. Even if it is too dark when i take delivery i could tell myself thats the way its supposed to be. If the white hardtop isnt available, you bet im going to vinyl wrap it.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still cant tell if Area 51 has metallic in it. Looks like the "micro-glitter" in the image is more an effect of the sun.
If not - I am in. I want a white top, grill and wheels and I think Area 51 may bring it all together better than the Cactus Grey.

Antimatter Blue = Bass Boat Blue IMO

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Through some friends of friends, I was able to get these photos of the real Ford paint samples sent to me. (And that's all I'll say about that...)

Area 51 and Antimatter Blue inside, in full sun, and in half sun half shade. Pics were taken on an iPhone with no touchup or filters. Both really look like two entirely different colors in the light vs. not. This has not made my decision ANY easier haha.

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade 26aa412eaf7ea570dd689b2d444bd1e4

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade 26aa412eaf7ea570dd689b2d444bd1e4

Area 51 gets more boring every time I see it.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ummmm, Area 51 may be as close as I will be able to get to the old color we called "Baby Blue", or "Powder Blue." (With a white top that may have to painted by a local paint shop) Thanks for the pics Brad. Helps a lot.

Last edited:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
God, I love antimatter blue so much... makes me mad that it isn’t offered on the Mach 1 ?

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for the samples.

I love the classic blue shades on the old broncos but I am not a fan of these colors. I'll wait for a non-metallic blue or get something else.

countryboyreese

Badlands
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity, are any of y'all getting AM blue concerned about excessive scratching and pinstriping while wheeling? I absolutely love the color, IMO its the best color currently offered on the bronco with cactus as a close second. I have been arguing with myself all day whether or not I could handle all the inevitable pinstriping on my badlands :unsure:. And yes I know its part of making use of your 4x4, I'm just curious if any of y'all are having the same thoughts? I have been going back and fourth between this and cactus, although AM blue is #1. I have never had a darker metallic 4x4 as all of mine have been silver and gray. Anybody have experience wheeling a darker blue or darker metallic in general?
Sponsored