Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Through some friends of friends, I was able to get these photos of the real Ford paint samples sent to me. (And that's all I'll say about that...)

Area 51 and Antimatter Blue inside, in full sun, and in half sun half shade. Pics were taken on an iPhone with no touchup or filters. Both really look like two entirely different colors in the light vs. not. This has not made my decision ANY easier haha.

area 51 vs antimatter blue 2021 ford bronco paint sample inside.jpg

area 51 vs antimatter blue 2021 ford bronco paint sample sun.jpg

area 51 vs antimatter blue 2021 ford bronco paint sample sun shade.jpg
Area 51 looks great sometimes and awful others.
Área 51 is definitely looking like the cavalry blue on the newer Tacoma’s. I like it a lot, but mostly when it’s accented with black. Say the roof and wheels.

A496EC3A-1D6A-47D5-BBE3-DDDD2B2E3D1F.jpeg
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This one!!
???
Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade A496EC3A-1D6A-47D5-BBE3-DDDD2B2E3D1F
That is actually the one I keep leaning towards. I am stuck between going BL with no options and a manual or going BD, sasquatch and a few options. I have never had a vehicle with that bright of a color and that's really why I want it.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Area 51 gets more boring every time I see it.
I agree, for that I would go with dark gray but AM is my #1 choice but I'm decided on shadow black or colour matching hard top

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Neither of these colors (A51/AMB) are ones that I prefer for my vehicle.

However, It is fantastic to get this early sample made and they are very interesting colors, drastically more character to each of them than anticipated. If you're into dark blue, then AMB will have those times when it "pops" and makes you grin like a schoolboy. Its great when there are colors with character coming out instead of the silver/gray brigade of dull.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Área 51 is definitely looking like the cavalry blue on the newer Tacoma’s. I like it a lot, but mostly when it’s accented with black. Say the roof and wheels.

Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade A496EC3A-1D6A-47D5-BBE3-DDDD2B2E3D1F
Toyota has some great non-glitter colors.
I think this is much darker that the Area 51

Sponsored

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity, are any of y'all getting AM blue concerned about excessive scratching and pinstriping while wheeling? I absolutely love the color, IMO its the best color currently offered on the bronco with cactus as a close second. I have been arguing with myself all day whether or not I could handle all the inevitable pinstriping on my badlands :unsure:. And yes I know its part of making use of your 4x4, I'm just curious if any of y'all are having the same thoughts? I have been going back and fourth between this and cactus, although AM blue is #1. I have never had a darker metallic 4x4 as all of mine have been silver and gray. Anybody have experience wheeling a darker blue or darker metallic in general?
I’m not getting AM Blue, and this is the reason I’m not picking it. Probably one of my favorite color options, but a dark blue is almost as bad as a black vehicle. Shows all the dirt and scratches and would drive me nuts. My wife had a Kona Blue Edge and it was gorgeous when it was clean but it showed every single scratch and swirl. For a 100% street vehicle I like it, but for something that is going to see the trail, a lighter colored option is the way to go - at least for me.

Maximillionaire

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Through some friends of friends, I was able to get these photos of the real Ford paint samples sent to me. (And that's all I'll say about that...)

Area 51 and Antimatter Blue inside, in full sun, and in half sun half shade. Pics were taken on an iPhone with no touchup or filters. Both really look like two entirely different colors in the light vs. not. This has not made my decision ANY easier haha.

Omg! You’re such a trooper for posting these. Big difference there. A huge thank you!

Maximillionaire

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Goshdarn, those were at the top of my list and both are looking clean af

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not getting AM Blue, and this is the reason I’m not picking it. Probably one of my favorite color options, but a dark blue is almost as bad as a black vehicle. Shows all the dirt and scratches and would drive me nuts. My wife had a Kona Blue Edge and it was gorgeous when it was clean but it showed every single scratch and swirl. For a 100% street vehicle I like it, but for something that is going to see the trail, a lighter colored option is the way to go - at least for me.
I think this vehicle works much better with a lighter color.
All the photos of it in black - it doesn't look special. It looks sort of messy and all the components bleed together visually

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been torn from the jump between Cactus Gray and Area 51. I would love to see those side by side. The Jerry can picture made the CG look like a shiny primer. I like flat paint better than flake, but primer gray isn’t what I’m going for.

Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, are any of y'all getting AM blue concerned about excessive scratching and pinstriping while wheeling?
That's my beef with it.

I really love the color, but wouldn't have it on any of my vehicles, certainly not one that's going to be inevitably pinstriped. But from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I think it's the best. I love a paint that takes on very different characteristics dependent on lighting.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you do a video?

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is AB on any current Ford that we can go see on the lot?
Sponsored