Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I filled up today with regular, put it in SPORT and hammered it from weho to palasades to pch and up to neptunes net for lunch, then back with my new Outlaw. I was absolutely hammering it all the way even through the dead mans curves, and when I got home I was getting 18mpg! That's like a three hour drive. I'm impressed.
Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine last weekend, it is loud when you take off WOT, the cold start sounds good in the garage, not too bad cruising around easy on the throttle but if you want to sneak away quickly (that isn't happening) I decided to leave the stock brackets on for now in case I decide to switch back, I really think an electric exhaust cut-out like I had on my past Corvettes and Camaro would be nice but for the price you either like it or not.
I am going on a road trip soon and I will find out whether my wife and/or I Decide to like it or not.
update
I just ordered the Flowmaster 818121 Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Back Exhaust System (holley.com) because the outlaw straight pipe is just way too loud and obnoxious, and being it is a 6cyl. automatic I just don't like the sound; I have a heavy foot and it is very raspy and loud when you take off WOT so I decided to try the American Thunder one instead because I always like the sound and performance Flowmaster gives out.
So I will be updating soon after I install and test it.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
A straight pipe replacing a muffler will yield a lot of noise. Exhaust sound is very subjective so some of you will like it, some not. In my many years of experience you get what you pay for. Borla, to me at least always sounds good no matter the vehicle. It is also the most expensive although you are paying for the engineering that goes into the systems to create the perfect baffling in the mufflers, sound testing, etc.

V6 engines, to me are the most difficult to get good, throaty sound and without drone and rasp. I had a 2016 Camaro, V6, hated the stock exhaust- no sound at all- I had the non performance exhaust. I at first ordered MBRP axle back. I wanted the Borla but it was over 1K, MBRP was like 400. It had 2 very small mufflers. Terrible rasping at the upper end and drone. I got so tired of it. Still I would not pay for the Borla. I had a shop use the MBRP pipes and change out the mufflers. Cost me like another 400. Less rasp but still terrible drone. I end up selling the car abut 6 months later and got a Corvette. But should have gone Borla from the start.

In my 2.7 Bronco I find the stock sound quite satisfying- sounds way better than my 2016 stock Camaro V6- that's for sure- at least there's some burble. And it also being a V6, I am not going to mess with it, and going to leave it just as it is.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I filled up today with regular, put it in SPORT and hammered it from weho to palasades to pch and up to neptunes net for lunch, then back with my new Outlaw. I was absolutely hammering it all the way even through the dead mans curves, and when I got home I was getting 18mpg! That's like a three hour drive. I'm impressed.

😂

Simply impossible

😂

I am glad that I am not the only one who saw a difference.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anything to get rid of that giant sideways donkey muffler! I already have mine thanks stage3

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

update
I just ordered the Flowmaster 818121 Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Back Exhaust System (holley.com) because the outlaw straight pipe is just way too loud and obnoxious, and being it is a 6cyl. automatic I just don't like the sound; I have a heavy foot and it is very raspy and loud when you take off WOT so I decided to try the American Thunder one instead because I always like the sound and performance Flowmaster gives out.
So I will be updating soon after I install and test it.
update #2
I installed the Flowmaster 818121 Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Back Exhaust System (holley.com) on Thursday and it sounds Great (to me) cold start, idle, WOT, and cruising around with-out any drone or any raspy noises, In my opinion Flow master always sounds great adds HP/TQ is made high Quality and doesn't break the bank, I can't believe I tried the straight pipe because I really do not like the sound of a six banger when it is so loud and embarrassing to say the least but what the heck it made me appreciate the sound of the American thunder that much more, I saved the original box and will sell the straight pipe locally.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the outlaw pipe,instructions say to put a 1inch tack weld to hold it in place anyone do this?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

update #2
I installed the Flowmaster 818121 Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Back Exhaust System (holley.com) on Thursday and it sounds Great (to me) cold start, idle, WOT, and cruising around with-out any drone or any raspy noises, In my opinion Flow master always sounds great adds HP/TQ is made high Quality and doesn't break the bank, I can't believe I tried the straight pipe because I really do not like the sound of a six banger when it is so loud and embarrassing to say the least but what the heck it made me appreciate the sound of the American thunder that much more, I saved the original box and will sell the straight pipe locally.
video? would love to hear it inside/out!

Sponsored

Canonman11

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

update #2
I am about ready to pull the trigger on this one. Thanks for the review. In the Palm Harbor area I will keep and eye and ear out for you.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got mine on the morning after I got my bronco,love it and removed 20+lbs of donkey looking muffler .
Also gained a bunch of space in front of rear bumper for something in the future.
Thanks flowmaster and stage 3
Ford Bronco Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axleback installed on 2.7 Bronco [Video Sound Clip] 20220608_132600

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still getting great mileage with it. This was totally worth getting.

Ford Bronco Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axleback installed on 2.7 Bronco [Video Sound Clip] IMG_20220614_222855

22.5 MPG@80 MPH sustained through the Texas hill country today including running while stopped for fuel, drinks, and short break. Average speed of 76.5 mph over 4 hours with the stop.
Sponsored