Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco: check
$12k in accessories: check
2 days to throw endless hours and beers at "Shadowmere:" priceless
I need to put the sidesteps on first for the wife, then I'll get onto the meat of this topic; is it worth the 12" conversion, and what parts are involved. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Sponsored

rabidmoravians

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im pretty sure if you use carplay its only displayed at 8” on the 12” screen anyway. I’m a geek for stuff like that but i didnt really see the point of the larger screen in the bronco. I guess it may be nice using maps 🤷

pmow

Big Bend
First Name
peemow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Manual soft top after 7 excruciating months
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im pretty sure if you use carplay its only displayed at 8” on the 12” screen anyway. I’m a geek for stuff like that but i didnt really see the point of the larger screen in the bronco. I guess it may be nice using maps 🤷
Would gladly swap for a 12" so that you have a place to mount your phone...just sayin :geek:

rabidmoravians

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would gladly swap for a 12" so that you have a place to mount your phone...just sayin :geek:
Not sure why i would mount my phone, its on the wireless charger if its not in my pocket. Just sayin 🤙

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So after ripping the dash apart, I found that the 8" has a slightly different connector than the 12". 8" is a tannish color, and the 12" has 2 additional pins that almost look like an old hard drive jumper connector. I did not order the cable as I wasn't sure which was the right P/N for the 12". In addition, the 8" tan connector on the wire from the tuner has an additional tiny alignment tab. I cut it off to see if it still worked, but audio only. So short answer; you would need the RH dash panel, the 12" screen, and the 6-pin pink connector at a minimum for the conversion.
I did go through Forscan to see if there were any obvious settings to swap from 8" to 12" but nothing I changed kicked it on. I will order the wire and give it another stab at another day, but in reality I like the 8" screen... the 12" is almost, well too much going on with the dash. The 8" also has say a finger rest to help press the right button, instead of hitting a bump and impaling the screen with your finger on some random spot with the 12".
Gotta move onto the bumper and light installations since this was not successful at the moment.
Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 20220423_163649
Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 20220423_163706
Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 20220423_163637

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Even in the much bigger interior of my F150 the 12" is incredibly distracting at night. So much so that I usually end up turning the screen off. It doesn't even really look that big in the F150, but it looks huge in the bronco, so I can't imagine how much worse it would be. It does look fancy and I like the huge screen for the backup camera, but other than that it really serves no practical purpose.

20220415_160919.jpg

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I tell ya, I just took over a cancelled order on a Basesquatch, and had never seen the size of these Bronco's up close so I hopped on the forum and just dropped the dash and screen on my parts list, in the hopes it would work and I could help a ton of other members. Well, I'm on the fence about returning the screen and dash, which would more than cover the black tipped dual exhaust, but I also don't like failing or surrendering because I got my ass kicked once. Improvise, adapt, and overcome. If any members want me to get the required cable and continue trying, I'll do it just because I don't want to fail anyone here, let alone myself. Also I forgot a screw and lost 2 black clips somewhere...

Addendum: I did notice there is a Sync 4 and Sync 4 v2 listed in Repairlink... and my radio plug appeared to have where another identical, or optional plug placement would be to make the 12" screen work, so the possibility absolutely still exists that the entire radio module would need to be replaced with the screen and cable. The second plug on the back of the 12" screen appears to be just for the 360 cameras.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad I’m not the only one with this same “problem” I really want the 12” screen and I have the big bend all priced out but only shows the 8” screen is available
Although, I have the 12 inch screen, there is a lot that the vehicle won't let me do with it. So I mounted a 10.1" Samsung Tablet above the 12 inch table to watch what I want, when I want. For the most part, this works really well and allows me to move screen where I want it while driving (use it mostly for podcasts or JBV1).

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tell ya, I just took over a cancelled order on a Basesquatch, and had never seen the size of these Bronco's up close so I hopped on the forum and just dropped the dash and screen on my parts list, in the hopes it would work and I could help a ton of other members. Well, I'm on the fence about returning the screen and dash, which would more than cover the black tipped dual exhaust, but I also don't like failing or surrendering because I got my ass kicked once. Improvise, adapt, and overcome. If any members want me to get the required cable and continue trying, I'll do it just because I don't want to fail anyone here, let alone myself. Also I forgot a screw and lost 2 black clips somewhere...

Addendum: I did notice there is a Sync 4 and Sync 4 v2 listed in Repairlink... and my radio plug appeared to have where another identical, or optional plug placement would be to make the 12" screen work, so the possibility absolutely still exists that the entire radio module would need to be replaced with the screen and cable. The second plug on the back of the 12" screen appears to be just for the 360 cameras.
Big props on the effort. You don’t need to feel like you failed if the 8” is for you. I’m interested and cheering you on, but just because I’m curious how this will be overcame.
There’s an answer here somewhere, and it may need to eventually come from an Everglades owner since that is essentially a black diamond (8” screen only trim) with a 12” screen installed. So maybe even the shop manual or parts diagrams will help make it clear what needs to be swapped once that info is available for the Everglades.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Although, I have the 12 inch screen, there is a lot that the vehicle won't let me do with it. So I mounted a 10.1" Samsung Tablet above the 12 inch table to watch what I want, when I want. For the most part, this works really well and allows me to move screen where I want it while driving (use it mostly for podcasts or JBV1).
so what does your tablet look like mounted and what mount did you get? I have the big iPad with the cellular connection that works like a champ for everything I would ever need.

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Big props on the effort. You don’t need to feel like you failed if the 8” is for you. I’m interested and cheering you on, but just because I’m curious how this will be overcame.
There’s an answer here somewhere, and it may need to eventually come from an Everglades owner since that is essentially a black diamond (8” screen only trim) with a 12” screen installed. So maybe even the shop manual or parts diagrams will help make it clear what needs to be swapped once that info is available for the Everglades.
I'd just call it a win if I could find any of my wire strippers at this point. After reinstalling the dash, I installed the roof light bar, and these instructions Ford offers directly on FordInstallerSupport, don't look like my '22 panels, so either they used a 4dr, or somehow the '21 is different... but like you, I kind of want to work directly with the Ford parts department and see what the parts look like side by side.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I was going to ask if you had ordered the radio module and cable/cables for the 12" screen also, but when you said you had the parts ordered I assumed that you did.

We know the Everglades has the 12" screen with Mid package and no cameras, so natural assumption, to me at least, is that they used off the shelf parts they already had.

Maybe we can sweet talk a future Everglades owner to rip their dash apart and grab some part numbers for us. 😉

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would be a huge help to me, if anyone would be willing to tear theirs down for us. I would need only 2 pictures: one picture of the back of the 12" screen where the 2 pins are next to the 4-pin pink connector, and a picture of the pink connector on the radio itself; I would like to know why there are 2 solder locations for the 4 pins on the radio, and if the 2-pin actually has a jumper terminal on it...
Hard to convince someone to tear a new dash down that far only for pictures, but here's my deal: I will offer up my Ford Service login credentials for as long as I have access (which should be for quite a few more years), which is good for all F/L/M products 1994 up; all service info, teardowns, torque specs, etc. This is not a cheap offer.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so what does your tablet look like mounted and what mount did you get? I have the big iPad with the cellular connection that works like a champ for everything I would ever need.
Here you go (I can switch the tablet to sit lower - and normally run it lower than shown here).

20220425_171058.jpg

20220425_171228.jpg

The lighting was bad, but they are easy to see if you are sitting in the driver's seat.

My cellphone is running JBV1 in this picture, Netflix is on the tablet, and my V1 radar detector is where the sunglasses normally go.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What’s the type of mounts? Got a pic from the back side of that to show how they are attached? Did you add a rail up there?
Sponsored