First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and a 1967 Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow guys! Thanks for all the complements. As previously mentioned, the Bronco started life as an AMB 2 Door Badlands Lux Package w/Tow. All the constraints. The entire truck was pulled apart for the paint work. All the panels with Wimbledon White were completely scuffed, then painted and then cleared. The hood and trim around the windshield are the only places not painted. Then the entire vehicle was covered in xPel Stealth Paint Protection Film. The thin blue pinstripe is vinyl and its on top of the PPF.

The RotoPax is attached to the Hammer Built Modular Tailgate Protection System. The front bumper is the JCR Offroad Vanguard with PreRunner tubes. This build features King Shocks with adjustable compression, Baja Kits billet upper a-arms. The wheels are Method 315's with 0 offset. The tires are General Grabbers 35x12.5. It has a Warn EVO 10S winch and a boat load of KC HiLiTes LED lights.

This was built for my wife to drive everyday. It will also see plenty of action off road. This will not be a pavement princess.

Honestly, we have been blown away by all the positive comments. We expected this to "make a splash" (Throw back to us running it through a creek 2 hours after we left the dealership with it), but we never expected the attention it has received. So many people have tried to pull this look off. It simply wasn't easy to do, but I believe that we managed to nail it. I'm not completely loving the top, but it's a solid start.

Thanks again Y'all! We really do appreciate all the "love" this has gotten.

No, its not for sale. ;)

Playing in our own backyard on the SxS trail. LOL

IMG_1734.jpg
The best I've seen to date. I'd build the same thing to a T!!! Hope you don't mind seeing one just like it show up in the future!!! Well done.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Administrator, this is a fully painted build, the ONLY thing that is vinyl is the small separator stripe. Original is AMB with Wimbleton painted stripe and top.
Wimbledon White. The white color Ford should have used.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear side windows are kind of strange looking.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't like the slant white on the top, I know you were trying to replicate the full size but it doesn't work here because the top itself doesn't slant. It would look better square off to match the actual shape of the top.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is hands down the best Bronco Ive ever seen

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow guys! Thanks for all the complements. As previously mentioned, the Bronco started life as an AMB 2 Door Badlands Lux Package w/Tow. All the constraints. The entire truck was pulled apart for the paint work. All the panels with Wimbledon White were completely scuffed, then painted and then cleared. The hood and trim around the windshield are the only places not painted. Then the entire vehicle was covered in xPel Stealth Paint Protection Film. The thin blue pinstripe is vinyl and its on top of the PPF.

The RotoPax is attached to the Hammer Built Modular Tailgate Protection System. The front bumper is the JCR Offroad Vanguard with PreRunner tubes. This build features King Shocks with adjustable compression, Baja Kits billet upper a-arms. The wheels are Method 315's with 0 offset. The tires are General Grabbers 35x12.5. It has a Warn EVO 10S winch and a boat load of KC HiLiTes LED lights.

This was built for my wife to drive everyday. It will also see plenty of action off road. This will not be a pavement princess.

Honestly, we have been blown away by all the positive comments. We expected this to "make a splash" (Throw back to us running it through a creek 2 hours after we left the dealership with it), but we never expected the attention it has received. So many people have tried to pull this look off. It simply wasn't easy to do, but I believe that we managed to nail it. I'm not completely loving the top, but it's a solid start.

Thanks again Y'all! We really do appreciate all the "love" this has gotten.

No, its not for sale. ;)

Playing in our own backyard on the SxS trail. LOL

IMG_1734.jpg
You did quite well on this.
The look is not for everyone, and that is apparent.
But you've swayed a few over with the execution of the work done here.
I love it, it has a lot of the right elements needed to pull off a retro or a nod to the past type of build.
The KC's are icing on the cake and pull it all together. I think, personal opinion, is the only thing that might pull it even further back in time is having 4 KC's up top vs the row, but by all means it looks great as-is.
I'm loving the fact you took the time and had the vision to disassemble it to paint it correctly, with quality. A lot of repaints don't go that far. It is the method I use on a high-end refresh/resto, and it definitely shows in the finished product.
The new, current-era wheels do well with a nod toward the olden days.
A lot would have been tempted to go with white wheels, but I think this was the better choice, looks great. And I love the red letter Grabbers here, too.
I also maybe would have tried a red pinstripe to tie the red letters in, and give it a red-white-n-blue theme. But that could either look great or tacky, hard to be an armchair Q-back on that one.

Thumbs up, I'd proudly drive this one anywhere, anytime.

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that's odd, he mentioned in a previous thread that wraps were for people that had commitment issues, lol. I figured he had them use a matte clear. I guess changed his mind.
The only vinyl on the truck is the then blue pinstripe. Then, the entire vehicle is covered in xPel Stealth PPF.
Sponsored