Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
I wish you could change the color of the maps on the 12 inch screen. It would be nice if there was a dark option (like on my iPhone) or something other than the bright whitish blue background.
Sponsored

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Disappointing performance for 330hp/415 torque.
No heat on the floor
Hardtop wind noise
Android auto crashing now and then
No rain channel above windows
No factory option to disable auto start/stop
Front camera & ACC module positions not friendly for aftermarket bumpers
Rough ride from rear shocks
No rear cup holders (marine grade vinyl seats)
What do you mean ā€œno heat on floorā€ ?? šŸ˜¢

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There appear to be some defective design choices with the doors and tailgate as a few people have noted paint chips where the doors touch the body.

Supposedly this is an alignment issue but I think Ford failed to spec appropriate gaskets between the door and the body to limit contact when the hinges flex.

Iā€™m in Moab so the Bronco sees a lot of rough roads and I have paint chips on both rear doors and along a strip where the tailgate sits slightly above the gasket. I have no idea where that damage is coming from but itā€™s not really acceptable for a vehicle with under 700 miles to show so much body wear. I have 4 newer Jeep Wrangler 4xe and none have this kind of accelerated body wear.

Itā€™s notable that on the 4 DR Wrangler the lower corner of the door has more of a curved shape than the Bronco which ends in a point. On the Wrangler the pointed upper part of the door uses gaskets on both the door and the body to eliminate rub. It seems like Ford borrowed a lot of ideas from Jeep and others but missed this one.

Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? 9B74B3EB-9F32-466E-84A9-AE43913BAD22
Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? 953CB87D-5BB3-465F-93BA-AC5A364982C9

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The cheap plastic interior especially in the cargo area that scratches and scuffs real easily. Wish the MPG was better also.
I am finding this to be a big problem. Barely touch something and later the plastic is all scratched up like I haded a 2 year old a key or something.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious on the drivers seat memory. Do you switch drivers often? I heard someone say they like to adjust the position on long drives - something I've never done, but seems like a good idea. I initially wanted the memory but then realized that I never really move my seat and when I do, it's faster to move it manually.
Bronco is my daily driver but when my husband and I go out together 2-3 times a week, he drives. He is 7" taller then me. He has the seat in a totally different position then I do. So everytime I get back in I have to find the position I had it in before that was comfortable to me. Which sometime takes a few tweaks to get there.

Sponsored

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the BB and BD. the sound system sucks (speaker wise) the B&O system is tons better in the BL...

For the BL? Perfect, when my wife lets me drive it.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
- Double honk on door close with engine running. Even worse with doors off, the second you hop off your seat itā€™s honking at you.

- The always-on-by-default reverse sensor proximity beeps. Theyā€™re way too loud and I always stop halfway through a reverse to hit that silence button.

- Misaligned standard rear bumper, passenger side hangs lower. Verified this on multiple models.

- WAY too easy to scratch the rear fender flares while messing with the soft top. (Pro tip: Mind your belt buckle when messing with the soft top!)

- A general lack of lighting in the cabin, aside from the ambient front seat lights.

- When open, the front half of the soft-top tends to bounce a bit on larger bumps, or hitting speed bumps at speed.

- The crappy prop bar for the rear soft top when accessing cargo. Do yourself a favor and get the IAG EZ Open struts.

- The crappy stock sound system.

ā€¦ and finally, my biggest gripe:
- The auto-truncated music listings in CarPlay when traveling faster than 5 MPH! šŸ¤¬

Last edited:

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

- The always-on-by-default reverse sensor proximity beeps. Theyā€™re way too loud and I always stop halfway through a reverse to hit that silence button.

- When open, the front half of the soft-top tends to bounce a bit on larger bumps, or hitting speed bumps at speed.

- The auto-truncated music listings in CarPlay when traveling faster than 5 MPH! šŸ¤¬
- Didn't know you could turn the beeps off with a simply button press.

- How do you know what the top is doing behind you as you drive? :LOL:

- Not even sure what that last one means.

Anyway... My complaint is that it keeps telling me to keep my hands on the wheel when they are! Its alignment is pretty good so not much input is needed. That would probably go away if I turn off the lane-keeping assist though, right?

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally, no heat on floor. Many of us are unable to get hot air to blow on the floor (front or back) regardless of how the climate controls are set. I started a separate thread for that you can probably find if you're interested in reading people's experiences.

What do you mean ā€œno heat on floorā€ ?? šŸ˜¢

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding what they said. They're referring to the front section which folds back less than a foot from your head. I'm pretty sure you'd hear or feel that bouncing.

- How do you know what the top is doing behind you as you drive? :LOL:

Last edited:

Sluckman

Badlands
First Name
Shawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2.7L, Sasquatch, f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
  • Collected rain being channeled by the roof into open windows
  • Tires throwing rocks and dirt
  • Really bad gas mileage
other than that LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good idea on rhe adapter. My question was how did you fit the 6.75ā€ speaker into the kick panel? Did you use an adapter?
Yes, it was an adapter from Metra. I do not have the model #, came with the Crutchfield purchase.
Sponsored