Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes the liner is peel and stick. And it’s really quite a sticky thing indeed! 😉
So, I'm interested in doing this....do you think I could take my factory liner off pretty easily? (could I put kilmat OVER the factor liner and then put another layer of carpet?

I really wanna deaden the sound, it kind of drives me crazy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Knownman

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, how did you stick the factory liner back to the Kilmat? Sorry, I missed that part.
The factory liner comes as a kit with an adhesive backing on it already. Just peel and stick.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you like it, I like it for you!

I'm actually pretty surprised at how much I don't mind the soft top, but I also bought this rig knowing it has a glorified tent for a roof. Wouldn't want it any other way.

OP
OP
Knownman

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I'm interested in doing this....do you think I could take my factory liner off pretty easily? (could I put kilmat OVER the factor liner and then put another layer of carpet?

I really wanna deaden the sound, it kind of drives me crazy.
I wouldn't try that, the Kilmat has a pretty tacky surface but it isn't that tacky to conform to the carpeted panels. I would guess the liner would have to be removed, and the panels cleaned as best as possible. Then I would probably opt myself for a new factory liner, or you could use some 3M spray adhesive on the old liner but I'm not a fan of how that would work out nor of trying to deal with it.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting! I actually asked if someone had tried DynaMat or something similar a while ago so glad to hear it works well. Fortunately, my 2dr didn't come with the factory liner installed either.

I'm wondering how the adhesive will hold up in the heat over time (CA for you; FL here) and whether the added weight from the Kilmat presents any issue (I doubt it).
The exact reason I ordered mine with no sound deadening. I figured August TN sun on the blacktop parking lot at work would lead to me walking out to a headliner and sticky goo laying in my seats.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I just drove again, the second trip, and noted the deadening has worked actually better than I was thinking this morning. I was driving on the 101 and started to really appreciate it. Even the ever present wind from the seams noise is down substantially. Now I can hear the tires and I really didn't notice them before. I can listen to a fairly quite podcast at sound volumes about half or maybe only two-thirds what I had to put it to before the mod. on the highway at 75 mph I have the volume at 10 and in town it's at 8 and that's with a really quite podcast containing old news interviews. I actually think it's almost as quite as the wife's Honda Pilot.

This is a really simple mod for any do it yourself. And the material doesn't cost much. I only bought one box for the entire roof and I din't use it all. I wish I could've left the top off. It's amazing like that. But I had work to do and leaving gear in the back isn't so great. Plus I wanted to see if that effort amounted to anything. I highly recommend the mod. I'll update this occasionally if I note any issues.

Cheers!
Hey, that was an awesome project!!! Can't wait till summer is here. It's been on my to do list since i picked it up. Did you originally have the Ford carpet / sound deadening material on your MIC? Any issues removing it?

Again, nicely done !!! (y)(y)

OP
OP
Knownman

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, that was an awesome project!!! Can't wait till summer is here. It's been on my to do list since i picked it up. Did you originally have the Ford carpet / sound deadening material on your MIC? Any issues removing it?

Again, nicely done !!! (y)(y)
Thank you,

No they forgot to add it to my order I think. It was pretty noisy inside the cabin so it was a must do project. Hopefully it holds up well considering I do live in a hot climate. So far so good.

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a great job, well done! A question for you, what mil did you use with your Kilmat, 50 or 80 mil thickness?

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is asking a lot, but can you measure the decibels at 60 mph and someone else with a regular hard top do the same? Genuinely curious. lol

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have factory headliner. Wind noise in front seam between both driver and passenger panels was bad. I bought some sound deadening squares off Amazon. They are like thick black felt. I cut them to fit over seam and attached them like you mentioned with Velcro so they are easy to remove. They helped with noise. Also tested a piece of clear gorilla tape over seam on the outside. That helped a lot, just looked like crap so removed it.
What kind of sound deadening squares?
Pictures please ?
Amazon link ?

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The exact reason I ordered mine with no sound deadening. I figured August TN sun on the blacktop parking lot at work would lead to me walking out to a headliner and sticky goo laying in my seats.
FYI I applied Dynamat (similar product, https://www.dynamat.com/ ) to the underside of floor in another vehicle. We live in the desert southwest & sometimes even visit Phoenix in 118 degree summers. It has never come loose.
Sponsored