Status
Not open for further replies.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
owner myself, I’m excited to watch Ford eat Jeep’s lunch.
This part I don't get. You actually want Ford to be in Jeeps position of not really having to try too hard, or offer anything much above a 4 runner? What does that get you, except the bronco that is coming out now, with minor trim changes for the next 10 years?

Think you were getting a GT500 with Hellcats and ZL1"s.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because a lot of people can find themselves in trouble driving with a locker on the street in various conditions, where a limited is more forgiving for those not familiar with how locker behave. . I know Eaton had an Elocker that was both a limited slip and locked on demand, Not sure if Jeep runs this setup. It appears from Jeeps perspective that the Broncos are either locked or open.

I never had a problem running double Detroit’s, I didn’t mistake my truck for a sports car either YMMV:cool:
On the JK I believe the options were either/or. Lockers on the rubicon, otherwise on the other trims you could spec a limited slip.
If you didn’t have either you’d get the individual brake application trick to prevent wheel spin.

(This is from memory, so I could very well be incorrect.)

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This part I don't get. You actually want Ford to be in Jeeps position of not really having to try too hard, or offer anything much above a 4 runner? What does that get you, except the bronco that is coming out now, with minor trim changes for the next 10 years?

Think you were getting a GT500 with Hellcats and ZL1"s.
No.
I’m excited to watch Ford capitalize on Jeeps complacency, and address all of the complaints Jeeps owners (myself included) have been grumbling about for years that weren’t really addressed on the JL.

(And then maybe with some stiff competition, we’ll see more substantial refresh cycles In the segment at 5 years instead of 10.)

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I find this comical "Ford has nothing compatible to our concept V8 Rubicon".... Well, it is a concept... So Jeep doesn't have it either. 450 hp from a 6.4? The 2019 f150 5.0 has 392 hp and the mustang gt 5.0- 460 horse power.... Ford has nothing like it because almist 6 and a half liters is not needed to produce what a NA 5 liter can produce. Weird. "Jeep made the wrangler for 25 years after Ford stopped selling the Bronco" and "Ford now has to reintroduce the Bronco to a generation that never had it has a consumer option"..... (based off of reservations/ not all reservee's being former Jeep owner) so Jeep is saying customers had the last 25 years to buy the Jeep Wrangler, but chose chose not to. Weird.
How many times does this have to be brought up ************OFF IDLE TORQUE*************

6.4 > 5.0 > Any Ecoboost. So no, unless you want an F250, Ford does not have anything comparable. Maybe the hybrid, but I've been directly involved in reliability/maintainability analysis in complex military systems, so I don't have much to say to those continually in LALA land thinking a 6.4 OHV V-8 (basically loafing @ 450 HP these days) is not way more reliable than a small engine TT, dual injection, OHC, batteries, and electric motor built in trans setup.

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JerseyRuss

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They need to get that selling point about how the mirrors come off with the doors out of there... As a jeep owner, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to take off the full frame doors and every time screw in after market mirrors.. because in many states, it's required by law to have those mirrors in. 99% of Jeep owners are gonna really wish they had mirrors that stayed on... the ease at which the doors come off w mirrors still on was a huge selling point for me. Your never gonna see an ad for Jeep on how easy it is to take doors off.
Oh, and how many Jeep owners are putting their windshield down. That's how they want their reps selling against the Bronco... that the windsheild can fold down and mirrors stay on the doors. Good luck w that

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it just me or does this look fake? Like I can’t possibly see FCA putting this out there it seems like it was probably something someone made to spark debate lol

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fanbois and girls on every forum. True enthusiasts can appreciate many things. No reason a ZL1 owner can’t appreciate a GT500 and vice versa. If you’re so simple minded that you can’t appreciate a nicely put together Wrangler, then I’d rather not be associated with you anyways. Those individuals are what’s wrong with today’s society. I’m interested in the Bronco as another, different vehicle to tinker with, and it will be in the same garage as my 2013 Wrangler. And other different makes and models as well. You won’t be able to pry my Wrangler from my cold, dead hands.

But to those comparing quality between Ford and FCA (or whatever it is now) and saying Ford is far superior, are just plain laughable. Neither score high remarks. That is a definition of fanboi/girl. Now if you were comparing Toyota/Lexus to FCA, you have a point. But a Ford? I’ll have what you’re having.
Have you honestly owned a ford in the past decade? Ford has come a long long way with reliability and also way better interior materials that don’t break easily. And yes I have owned new cars from all big 3 companies and I say Ford is above the other 2 as far as quality goes but that is just me.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s probably been said already, but competition is REALLY good for the consumer.
Jeep is going to get better and so will the Bronco. 2021 is just stage 1 for the new generation of Bronco........

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO they are scared. I guarantee if anything they will lose a big chunk of sales to the Bronco. People are already selling their Jeeps to get ready to buy a Bronco.

The advantage list is laughable. How about Ford comes out with a list of the Advantages of the Bronco compared to the Jeep. They will be a lot longer.

7ToeJoe

Base
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350,F150,CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All of the Bronco trims get Electronic Stability Control and Electronic Traction Control as standard features (check Power & Handling Specs). I haven't wheeled my Bronco yet but I'm fairly certain I won't need a limited slip diff. ETC, ESB (Advancetrac?), Goat modes, and a crawler gear. Giddy up Ford!

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BTW, my wife's Jeep top leaks like a sieve... any chance you guys can spend a little less on propaganda and a little more on fixing a WELL KNOWN ISSUE with your prized Jeeps... thanks
My favorite part of the jeep is leaky top....I let my wife take it out after a storm, hit one bump around the corner, shes bitching about being soaked...I get the evil grin.:devilish:

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would argue the Bronco is as good as it is...because it wanted to improve upon the Jeep. This competition is good for everyone!

If I were at Jeep though, instead of taking a defensive stance of the current lineup - I'd drastically improve upon the Jeep model to make a better vehicle than the Bronco.

Regardless, the Bronco is more beautiful imo. That's half the fight for me right there, already won.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.