Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well not really, engineers have design engines to be able to safely run off half the oil capacity for hours (miles) before internal damage is done to the engine.
But I don’t recommend it.
It’s probably worse to overfill than under fill…

Does that count when your rigs going up over a high incline, decline while off roading?

I think people that want to use 7 qt can...but IMO You better make damn sure you get 7 out And it's going to take longer than a 15 minute drain cycle to do it.

Maybe we should all just fill to the max line, and add a half a quart to split the difference. That should be 6.5 qts
Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading through the many posts, I decided to get an overnight reading of my recently delivered 2.7 with the AB motor. I may add oil before my first oil change to return the oil level to the same reading, then perform an overnight drain and measure. I will then add 6 quarts, run the engine and see where it levels out. If the dipstick reads full, either the dipstick is wrong, or the Manual is wrong. I understand that Ford Engineers confirmed it takes 7 quarts. As much as I'd like to simply believe them, and if correct, the same engineers made an error with the dipstick. There are many variables too. Perhaps 7 quarts is the correct amount for a dry engine and 1 quart remains in the oiling system. One thing is for sure. Something in this big picture is wrong, I'd like confirmation on what it is. If the dipstick is wrong, dealers are releasing them with a normally correct dipstick reading, for both initial delivery and oil changes.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct IMG_9296

*NOTE: I will update this post as I collect data, if seeing this thru a quote, please revert to my original post\comment for the latest update.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After reading through the many posts, I decided to get an overnight reading of my recently delivered 2.7 with the AB motor. I may add oil before my first oil change to return the oil level to the same reading, then perform an overnight drain and measure. I will then add 6 quarts, run the engine and see where it levels out. If the dipstick reads full, either the dipstick is wrong, or the Manual is wrong. I understand that Ford Engineers confirmed it takes 7 quarts. As much as I'd like to simply believe them, and if correct, the same engineers made an error with the dipstick. There are many variables too. Perhaps 7 quarts is the correct amount for a dry engine and 1 quart remains in the oiling system. One thing is for sure. Something in this big picture is wrong, I'd like confirmation on what it is. If the dipstick is wrong, dealers are releasing them with a normally correct dipstick reading, for both initial delivery and oil changes.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct IMG_9296

*NOTE: I will update this post as I collect data, if seeing this thru a quote, please revert to my original post\comment for the latest update.
Based on your pic, you are either a quart low, or they finally fixed the dip stick.

Looks like your oil is right at the max and NOT into the twist like everyone else's.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How can you tell when his pic is blurry?

Based on your pic, you are either a quart low, or they finally fixed the dip stick.

Looks like your oil is right at the max and NOT into the twist like everyone else's.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many variables..... The valve cover can have an impact too. My oil level is at the 2nd hole "Max" level. If Ford is correct about the statement in the original post, my dipstick should read low with a 6 quart change. If it doesn't. there's more work to do in my book.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How can you tell when his pic is blurry?

I have old eyes, but is not that blurry 😁

You can see the wet oil stops and the middle of the stick is dry right at the red line.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct IMG_9296~2

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Note too all .... If you are going to post a pic where details are important, please do NOT post a blurry pic.

LOL!

I have old eyes, but is not that blurry 😁

You can see the wet oil stops and the middle of the stick is dry right at the red line.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct IMG_9296~2

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Can you post your dipstick part number?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just did my first oil change, and wanted to see if others on this thread have seen this? You know there is this whole thing about….does it really take 7qts of oil? In my case, it did. My dipstick is not like the ones being talked about, with the hash marks, mine just has two holes, one for minimum and one for maximum. I first put in 6qts, just to be safe and it ended up at the bottom hole, put in one more and it ended up at the top hole…like I expected.

My question is, do others have this new dipstick too, or do others have the one with hash marks on it? I wouldn't be opposed to pulling out the dipstick to measure it versus someone that has the one with hash marks, if anyone is interested. Curious minds want to know ;-)

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dipstick is not like the ones being talked about, with the hash marks, mine just has two holes, one for minimum and one for maximum. I first put in 6qts, just to be safe and it ended up at the bottom hole, put in one more and it ended up at the top hole…like I expected.
This is the first I've heard of a revised dipstick. Do you have any pictures of the tip, and by chance a legible part number for it?

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the first I've heard of a revised dipstick. Do you have any pictures of the tip, and by chance a legible part number for it? I do see hash marks on the dipstick now. So I did put in 7qts, and have driven it, and now it is over that top dot.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct IMG_4906

Ford Bronco Bronco Team Engineering Confirms 7.0 Quarts for 2.7L Engine Oil Change is Correct IMG_4905

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@flip any TSB’s or campaigns put out on the wrong dipstick yet? I had my first oil change yesterday and on the paperwork they filled it with 6qts. Called up the service advisor and inquired about 7qts and he said to bring it in and they’ll check it. I’d love to save myself an argument with some paperwork supporting my claim.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs