Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did you see how theirs isn't centered? It's shifted right so it didn't hug the mound too.
Front diffs are almost always offset to clear the motor and stuff ...

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, I consider mirrors on the doors a negative. Even on the tight east coast trails here, mirrors are helpful while offroad. Breaking mirrors is just part of the fun.
A low belt line is good but it doesn't look like the heeps is any better than the fords.
Lockers>limited slips. Why brag about a limited slip in 2020?
I will give it to Jeep, SFA, fold down windshield, and an available diesel are all selling points. I still want a bronco.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing in that obvious salesman brief is wrong OR bluntly anti-Bronco. Is it full of obvious Jeep spin? Sure, but I don’t see any Bronco material waxing poetic about the virtues of the Wrangler, either.

Preparing for a competition is not a sign of weakness.

I get people like to sh*t on Jeep here but tell me again how much you liked your 2005 Bronco? ?

JK
It's just bustin' balls! LOL As noted above, I fully expect it in return!

I get it, the competition will be good for EVERYONE and for the sport of offroading. I might actually like Heep more now, I mean, they kept the segment alive for the masses for a mighty long time.
My life was just getting back to the point where I started to consider getting back on the trails more often, so I was starting to eyeball the Wranglers....then they announced the Bronco was under development, so I waited......am still waiting, lol. ?

BUT, making a pamphlet that specifically names and pictures the competitor as much as they did, I'm not so sure it makes marketing sense. On one hand, It's ballsy to call them out, but that can often be confused for foolishness.

Yxes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Supra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The mention of the front axle makes me laugh a bit..

How many people buy a Jeep specifically for the SFA? Less than 1%?

How many will buy the Bronco because of the IFS, wether they know why or not, just based on ride quality? I bet much more than 1%.

I know I'm getting a Bronco because of the IFS. I've never had a need for a solid axle.
yeah, i was wondering if IFS really compromises ride hight like that? I've never been off-roading, so forgive my ignorance. I am really looking forward to being able to go off road for the first time with the bronco. So just trying to learn!

nightowl

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW 750, 2012 Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:ROFLMAO:Jeep is advertising on this forum

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, those are mostly pretty weak talking points for Jeep being better. I had a pretty mod heavy Jeep and while it was fun the soon as a Ford offering was available I was ready to take the leap. Ford vs FCA quality? Not even in the same class for comparison. All I got out of that article is that FCA is crapping themselves over the Bronco.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Front diffs are almost always offset to clear the motor and stuff ...
Good point. But to counter that, why did they show the Bronco front diff centered? ?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It seems like Ford is hitting them in the prime demographic. The older crowd - 40 plus still remembers the old Broncos from the 70's, 80's and 90's. With the cost of a new Jeep nowadays, 50k for Rubi and Gladiators, I think their demo is not college kids, it is 40+ -
Ford targets the same demographic with the Bronco - this put the whole history thing in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.