First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not seeing a big difference between 33s and the Sasquatch 35s.
Do the two with 33”s have the high clearance suspension?
Sponsored

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the whole point of building a test rig is, *coughs profusely*, test them.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We got some trash talking lol, aside from that though they got pics of the trail rash! As to be expected when you’re thrashing rocks on the rubicon in a stock ride! Now imagine pros who wheels 24/7 and rank rigged up bronco with all the fixings. I bet it come out strong!!

7C1DCD1F-13ED-47A3-9117-FF4D9878050D.jpeg

C9A390B0-442B-499C-B0EE-6E6C82450719.jpeg

C3D61403-70BD-4E82-88D4-D870935A6CCD.jpeg

DB506866-99D5-4857-A03B-B37C86025E05.jpeg
Brian McCormick !!?? last I heard he was not doing to good, looks like he must be feeling better.(y)(y)

Kane

Badlands
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tundra, 07 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a few things that are clear to me from watching all the videos and seeing all the photos:

1. Both the 2 door and 4 door look cool, way better than the Jeeps.
2. The Bronco is a very capable vehicle.
3. The Bronco is not as trail focused as the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon but it isn't horribly far off.
4. The Bronco will handle daily driving MUCH better then the aforementioned Jeep.
5. The Bronco will hold its own for most people who go off road.
6. Don't consider it an extreme rock crawler or test the entry, exit or break over angles too much and you'll be VERY happy.
7. Some of the new tech is awesome!!!!!!! (cameras in the tire well could allow drivers to do things they couldn't do before without a spotter...but how do you keep them clean????).
8. The biggest limiting factor for the Bronco is articulation. This is a result of the IFS. The IFS is also what will make you so much more happy on a day to day basis when you're not off road. It also will make you more happy in 4 wheel high on sand or dirt roads or whoops.
9. Without doing some serious cutting or fender replacements, or limiting articulation, you're not putting anything above 35's on a Bronco. That said, someone will cut one up I am sure. FrankenBronco.

From the looks of things this vehicle will be as capable as the Toyota FJ40's were, but with a lot of new tech to make the experience easier. Last thought, one of the posters did find the exact right area on the Rubicon trail and I have taken a stock Rubicon (2010 4 door) through that section on that line with no damage. I am on ok driver, not great, the only real difference that allowed the stock Rubicon to make it was slightly more body clearance and a lot more articulation to keep all four tires pulling. The jeep is made for crawling and because of this it doesn't handle some other things all that well, the Bronco is made to handle more varied conditions, all with solid performance.

All of the above being said, I hate driving my Jeep on the road. Sure my current one is now heavily modified, but even when it was stock, anything over 40 minutes was tiresome. I seriously doubt the Bronco will have those issues.

Everything is about trade offs.

Sponsored

SVR

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

IARubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While this test and the discussion comparing the new Bronco to the Wrangler is fair, given the trim and option levels, the Bronco is clearly meant as an all-around off-roader. The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (which I own) is designed specifically for rock crawling. The Rubicon SHOULD do better on the Rubicon Trail than the Bronco. The Bronco just has to hold its own in this environment to be competitive. But let’s be honest - it’s sort of like comparing an MMA fighter to a boxer in a boxing ring... There is much more to off-roading than rock crawling. I’m looking forward to seeing the Bronco in other environments.

And regarding the SFA vs IFS, I won’t argue with those who have more experience, but just note: the last generation of military Jeeps which served from the Vietnam era until the early 1990’s (the M151, designed by Ford incidentally!) had independent front suspension. So to those who say “real” Jeeps never had IFS, REAL Jeeps have had them since Vietnam.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No I don't personally...we have mutual friends on FB. That's how I saw what he originally said! One of the mutual friends made a comment!

Just curious, I knew him back in the 90's, we both raced Fox bodies. His family used to have a Ford dealership, still have a sxs/snowmobile dealership.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just curious, I knew him back in the 90's, we both raced Fox bodies. His family used to have a Ford dealership, still have a sxs/snowmobile dealership.
Heck yeah that's awesome!! I bet he's fun to wheel with!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what is the body damage he is talking about?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, so after looking at those pics, my only conclusion is......
McCormick is an idiot

I've seen people do more damage on a flat dirt trail because they have misjudged a turn around a tree.
Sponsored