First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So weird. I wonder what is going on with them. Maybe they are working through all of the 5/7-5/13 builds to try and get them out so they are opening/scanning stickers more often but I won't hold my breath.
So Melissa, if you clear the 'Plant Hold' on 5/13 as Ford promised, won't you just join the group of us in 'Convoy Carrier Delay' targeted for 5/21-ish? :)

Sorry, had to ask.
Sponsored

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So Melissa, if you clear the 'Plant Hold' on 5/13 as Ford promised, won't you just join the group of us in 'Convoy Carrier Delay' targeted for 5/21-ish? :)

Sorry, had to ask.
Obviously 🤣 I just move to a different form of stalking until she's home with me!!

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got it home. Wheels and tires had to go on. 315/70/17 on a 17x8.5 with 0 offset.....fits perfect, even under flex, only removed the crash bars. I pulled all the plastic, pulling it in the shop to get it detailed.

Wife loves it. 4.27 gear option was a GREAT choice, little 2.3 in Sport gets up and rolls even with the bigger tires.

Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group IMG_4056

Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group IMG_4057

Flyxaos

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Gen Bronco and other Fords... hah
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now today, on May 5, my window sticker updated too May 6. :LOL::ROFLMAO:.
That's progress...?

Sponsored

ReneeC

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion TC, Harley Iron 883, Kawasaki Ninja
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of you that have been built and/or shipped already did your PCM modules upload? I'm starting to wonder if this is a chip hold even though they swear it's not. I don't seem to have any PCM modules uploaded and I thought it was normal until someone mentioned their's uploading on Facebook.

Screenshot_20220506-084353_Samsung Internet.jpg

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those of you that have been built and/or shipped already did your PCM modules upload? I'm starting to wonder if this is a chip hold even though they swear it's not. I don't seem to have any PCM modules uploaded and I thought it was normal until someone mentioned their's uploading on Facebook.

Screenshot_20220506-084353_Samsung Internet.jpg
I must have seen the same thread as you because I went and checked today and I only have the BCE ones too.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group Screenshot_20220506-084353_Samsung Internet
Nope. Mine has been built and waiting shipment for 3 weeks now and doesn't show anything under PCM modules either.

CBNORRIS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco 🛠 4/11/22 Build Week Group Screenshot_20220506-084353_Samsung Internet
Mine shows shipped, they emailed me it shipped, shows a rail delay (no one knows where), but no PCM either.

ReneeC

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion TC, Harley Iron 883, Kawasaki Ninja
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, thanks all. That's what I thought, but that thread scared me a bit.

Sponsored

NorthCoast

Outer Banks
First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Freedom Edition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Caved and did Chat even though I promised to myself I wouldn't. Apparently I'm part of the 5/13 "plant hold" crowd:

" Thank you for your patience, Patrick! As of this time this is showing as a plant delay hold. The estimated time of delivery is reflecting as May 13, 2022. This is not currently showing as a micro chip hold."

My salesman told me it IS subject to a micro chip hold ... who knows! Would be nice to get it next Friday ... not holding my breath...

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hoping this helps people in this thread - but I know waiting and waiting for your Bronco sucks. I read plenty of 'horror' stories of build quality issues, but I can tell you so far I'm impressed with our 2dr BB 2.3.

I specifically requested the dealer leave all the factory plastic / documentation on ours and NOT to detail it. They did their PDI and that was it.

The detail issue is pretty simple. Most dealerships aren't paying GOOD money to detailers. It's not like most of 'em are professional detailers. Hell, I have friends in the car business and a few of 'em use private companies that specialize in detailing cars to detail their brand new cars. Granted these example are Mercedes, BMW dealers where margins are a bit better on the front end I would imagine. I've witnessed how much rail dust accumulates on a new car, so if they don't detail it - it's easier for me to wash it, clay it, wash it, correct the paint if needed, throw a coating on it and be done.

The other thing - I wanted to inspect every little detail as I removed warning labels and stickers. While I was doing that my wife eyeballed every panel for paint / finish defects.

We were shocked how quiet the hard top is at speed. Even after adding 35" tires with a more aggressive tread (which just ARE going to be louder that than the OEM Bridgestone tires) we were shocked how quiet this thing is. Cruise on 78mph on the interstate, windows up, radio on '8' volume is plenty loud.

The windows do rattle a bit over harsh bumps / strips at speed, if they are open just a bit. Again, nothing unexpected for me. This is a body on frame truck after all, with frameless windows mounted on doors designed to come off easily.

For those who don't know - don't freak out when you get a slight 'burning' smell when you first start driving it after it reaches temp. That's normal. Plastic and other pieces coming up to temp and staying there for a bit is NORMAL. My new '19 Mustang GT I had did it. Every new vehicle I've had did it.

Fit and finish? I'm not going to lie - I'm impressed for a $42K vehicle.

I'll admit I need to read up on a few of the newer safety and other features as well.

I will tell you one potential aggravation IF you have the factory roof rack. My wife wanted the rack - it's hers and she's never had a BRAND new vehicle and it's her money so who am I to argue. It's kind of a pain to remove the front roof panels with the rack installed until you figure it out. Once you do it's not bad at all.

Hope everyone here gets their Broncos soon.

KingOfSavages

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine did the same - although MI is Eastern Time so I'm guessing that's the reason
I've almost given up trying to figure out what these mystical numbers mean. That being said, mine too, has updated every day this week.

jeffersonvandyke

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just chatted with CS and I am also told it will be to the dealer by the 13th. Not sure I believe it...... time will tell if they get their asses in gear next week and there is a push to get them out. Fingers crossed.

jeffersonvandyke

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hoping this helps people in this thread - but I know waiting and waiting for your Bronco sucks. I read plenty of 'horror' stories of build quality issues, but I can tell you so far I'm impressed with our 2dr BB 2.3.

I specifically requested the dealer leave all the factory plastic / documentation on ours and NOT to detail it. They did their PDI and that was it.

The detail issue is pretty simple. Most dealerships aren't paying GOOD money to detailers. It's not like most of 'em are professional detailers. Hell, I have friends in the car business and a few of 'em use private companies that specialize in detailing cars to detail their brand new cars. Granted these example are Mercedes, BMW dealers where margins are a bit better on the front end I would imagine. I've witnessed how much rail dust accumulates on a new car, so if they don't detail it - it's easier for me to wash it, clay it, wash it, correct the paint if needed, throw a coating on it and be done.

The other thing - I wanted to inspect every little detail as I removed warning labels and stickers. While I was doing that my wife eyeballed every panel for paint / finish defects.

We were shocked how quiet the hard top is at speed. Even after adding 35" tires with a more aggressive tread (which just ARE going to be louder that than the OEM Bridgestone tires) we were shocked how quiet this thing is. Cruise on 78mph on the interstate, windows up, radio on '8' volume is plenty loud.

The windows do rattle a bit over harsh bumps / strips at speed, if they are open just a bit. Again, nothing unexpected for me. This is a body on frame truck after all, with frameless windows mounted on doors designed to come off easily.

For those who don't know - don't freak out when you get a slight 'burning' smell when you first start driving it after it reaches temp. That's normal. Plastic and other pieces coming up to temp and staying there for a bit is NORMAL. My new '19 Mustang GT I had did it. Every new vehicle I've had did it.

Fit and finish? I'm not going to lie - I'm impressed for a $42K vehicle.

I'll admit I need to read up on a few of the newer safety and other features as well.

I will tell you one potential aggravation IF you have the factory roof rack. My wife wanted the rack - it's hers and she's never had a BRAND new vehicle and it's her money so who am I to argue. It's kind of a pain to remove the front roof panels with the rack installed until you figure it out. Once you do it's not bad at all.

Hope everyone here gets their Broncos soon.
This is great to hear. I am keeping my expectations in check trying to remember that this is an ORV and it's going to creek and windows may have some wind leaks but, I am going enjoy every minute of it.
Sponsored