Sponsored

Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

8. Per same rep from #7... this one I found interesting... he said wherever there is a screw stamped with "Bronco", that location was built with the intent to accommodate accessories/aftermarket pieces.

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the White top is just that "body color painted" option if you happen to choose a White Bronco? So many people are obsessed with the CG and White top... let's hope for their sake it truly is "pick your color painted" top option.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dwfern - regarding (3), did you get the sense that he simply meant the “passive” drains are on OB and above? Meaning, if you stripped the carpet out of the WildTrak, youd see bare metal with passive plugs, not the rubberized floor found in the BD/BL/FE ?

thanks again!

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The confirmation of the relative size of the Squatch is nice.
The WHITE ROOF confirmation has made my day. I am taking the rest of the day off to celebrate.
Thanks, for asking a lot of questions for us.
So, did they look as cool in person as they do in pictures?

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!
Great work, thanks for all the new info

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The confirmation of the relative size of the Squatch is nice.
The WHITE ROOF confirmation has made my day. I am taking the rest of the day off to celebrate.
Thanks, for asking a lot of questions for us.
So, did they look as cool in person as they do in pictures?
Looked as cool if not better in person. Definitely cannot wait!

Sponsored
OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dwfern - regarding (3), did you get the sense that he simply meant the “passive” drains are on OB and above? Meaning, if you stripped the carpet out of the WildTrak, youd see bare metal with passive plugs, not the rubberized floor found in the BD/BL/FE ?

thanks again!
When I asked about the plugs he basically said, "Starting with the Outerbanks trim, the plugs will be there, just under the carpet... so if you pull back the carpet the plugs will be there."

I am very curious to see the execution of that because I may switch from Badlands to Outerbanks and do something aftermarket to replace carpet in Outerbanks? ?‍♂

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info!

Regarding #2, I'm still a bit wary. The renders we've seen have all been essentially a single color with different colored trim/piping. I hate to say it, but that could be viewed as "a few color options". Really hoping we have some real options, but not going to get my hopes up yet.

Thanks for at least getting us some info on the trail camera position (#6). Was hoping we could have a winch without compromising other features...