Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks like my Bronco saga is over. The manager at my dealership just called and said he finally got word from the Dearborn plant as to why my 2021 MY OBX Bronco has not shipped despite being built months ago. It was irreparably damaged either in transport to the rail yard or on ice mountain, and Ford has deemed it unfit for sale. The vehicle is being sent to the scrapyard. The best they could offer is to resubmit my order as a 2023 when the order banks reopen, and likely that means I wouldn't get it until next year. So I am getting my deposit back and going to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Maybe someday I'll get a Bronco, but for now, I'm done with Ford.

Also, the dealership has a Badlands similar to my OBX build on the lot, but they won't let me buy it for MSRP... they first insisted on a $27k ADM, then came down to $10k ADM. I'm not paying any ADM on a vehicle that's replacing one Ford ruined. Honestly, fuck Ford.

Update:

Went to the dealership, got my deposit back. The dealer is not being shady or trying to screw me. Spoke with the GM, and he said he was on the phone with his Ford reps all morning. They are resubmitting my build sheet with the highest priority status available. While order banks are closed, Ford is not done scheduling 2022 MY builds. So there is a chance they can backchannel and get me a 2022 on an expedited timeline.

As for buying a vehicle off the lot anywhere, that's just not a path I want to pursue, ADM or not. If I'm getting a Bronco after all this time and headache, I really want my exact build. If that means I have to wait another year and get a different vehicle in the interim, so be it. It's all very frustrating, but there's not much I can do at this point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely sucks. Was there any reason given for not putting you at the front of the line for a replacement?

This shitshow of a company just keeps showing who they are.

Last edited:

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I don't understand why Dearborn would have anything to do with something built at MAP. Sounds like maybe there was a breakdown in communication at some point. I don't blame you for not paying ADM. I would never pay over sticker price for any vehicle, but I've always dealt with fair dealerships.

I understand your frustration and your desire to leave. I would go ahead and keep the order in if it were me in case you have a change of heart later. Just keep the order in and let it play out. You definitely don't have to take once it finally arrives if you don't want it.

What are you buying in place of the Bronco?

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely sucks. Was there any reason given for not putting at the front of the line for a replacement?

This shitshow of a company just keeps showing who they are.
Iā€™ll be at the front of the lineā€¦ for a 2023. Lol

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Place an order for a 23 if they will price protect you, then just forget about it. One day you'll receive a call, you can decide then what to do. Keep your options open.
But yeah, that's unfortunate, especially the radio silence

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I don't understand why Dearborn would have anything to do with something built at MAP. Sounds like maybe there was a breakdown in communication at some point. I don't blame you for not paying ADM. I would never pay over sticker price for any vehicle, but I've always dealt with fair dealerships.

I understand your frustration and your desire to leave. I would go ahead and keep the order in if it were me in case you have a change of heart later. Just keep the order in and let it play out. You definitely don't have to take once it finally arrives if you don't want it.

He can't keep the order in. It has to be resubmitted and the order banks are closed till maybe fall.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks like my Bronco saga is over. The manager at my dealership just called and said he finally got word from the Dearborn plant as to why my 2021 MY OBX Bronco has not shipped despite being built months ago. It was irreparably damaged either in transport to the rail yard or on ice mountain, and Ford has deemed it unfit for sale. The vehicle is being sent to the scrapyard. The best they could offer is to resubmit my order as a 2023 when the order banks reopen, and likely that means I wouldn't get it until next year. So I am getting my deposit back and going to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Maybe someday I'll get a Bronco, but for now, I'm done with Ford.

Also, the dealership has a Badlands similar to my OBX build on the lot, but they won't let me buy it for MSRP... they first insisted on a $27k ADM, then came down to $10k ADM. I'm not paying any ADM on a vehicle that's replacing one Ford ruined. Honestly, fuck Ford.
Ford needs to find you a comparable 2022 and sell it to you at MSRPā€¦..

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing. Iā€™m getting my deposit back, and theyā€™re resubmitting my order for a 2023. Basically Iā€™ll have a right of first refusal to buy it at MSRP, but wonā€™t be obligated to buy it. In the interim, going to look at a Yukon/Tahoe. Or may get a Lexus GX and off-road modify itā€¦ then at least Iā€™d know Iā€™d have a reliable vehicle from a reliable company.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*slow clap for @Ford Motor Company*

I'm sorry to hear about that. I agree - You should have been given a priority build for this year, even with the order banks closed. And the fact the dealership wouldn't help with selling the BL at MSRP means they don't deserve your business anyways.

Ford will have an eye opener down the road when customers remember this cluster and don't return.

Sponsored

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ouch this is brutal. The OP wants a Bronco and waited like rest of us, and something out of his control doesnā€™t allow him to get it. Dealer should have sold him that bronco in the lot.
Sorry man this blows

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds fishy to me. I would want to hear from Ford directly. My dealer has been great but many others have not. I would not trust that the dealer is not trying to screw you.

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford needs to find you a comparable 2022 and sell it to you at MSRPā€¦..
Thatā€™s what I asked for. Apparently thereā€™s none available. Of course
Sponsored