First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I accepted delivery of my '21 2.7L Black Diamond w/hardtop, sasquatch, and mid package a couple of weekends ago. I moved to Maryland this year so I flew back to AZ to pick it up from the dealer I ordered with, Rodeo Ford (no ADM and was an easy experience).

My jaw dropped when my Uber dropped me off in front of the dealership from the Phx Skyharbor Airport. They had my Bronco freshly detailed and sitting out front of the dealership under a little tent. There was already a couple shoppers ooohing and aahhhhing over it. The salesman took care of any final remaining paperwork and helped me sync my phone with the Bronco and let me give it a good once over before driving off with it. My pre-acceptance observations were:
-There was a blemish on the top of the windshield, looks like a drip of melted glass or something, dealer said I can replace with warranty.
-Cactus Gray in person is absolutely amazing, especially on a full size Bronco, and even more so on a BD w/ the contrasting MIC color.
-MGV seats feel very premium and I am very pleased with them.
-The factory put an orange elastic cord on the passenger side seatback, kind of annoying.
-MIC top looks of. Some edges look a little rough but I'm not overly worried. That's what warranty is for.

I then popped the top off and made a couple stops in the PHX west valley. It was great with the windows down and front roof panels off. Wind buffeting above 50ish was a little annoying but rolling up the windows helped that. I traded in a 2011 Raptor for it and the ride is sort of similar. Cushy suspension and plenty of power. But with the shorter and narrower wheelbase, the Bronco feels way more nimble and peppier. It feels like a lifted go-cart or buggy, in a good way. The front fenders don't really catch anything from the sasquatch tires, after 3 miles and driving on dry roads I still had dirt on the side doors.

I then proceeded to hit the highway to get back to MD. I had plans to stop and hit Schnebley Hill in Sedona but was up against the clock and decided to get home as fast as I could. Really comfortable on the highway. I activated the lane assist and it wasn't bothersome at all. It holds a line really well and I only experienced getting blown around once, in Oklahoma. My driver side mirror whistled the first day, but hasn't whistled since. Sound system definitely isn't as nice as the raptor's but even on the highway I could hear fine with it turned to 11-13.

I''ve got some parts sitting in the basement I plan on throwing on once I get a free weekend and I'll probably start a build journal for that. I got teary-eyed trading in my Raptor but I absolutely love the Bronco. It looks incredible, will get me to any backcountry trailhead I want to get to, and handles just great in the city. Despite waiting an eternity for it, I still feel like it was worth it.

PXL_20220429_181239361.jpg

PXL_20220429_220414686.jpg

PXL_20220430_185123683.jpg

PXL_20220504_070206103.jpg

PXL_20220503_150024508.jpg

PXL_20220509_194900001.jpg
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

-The factory put an orange elastic cord on the passenger side seatback, kind of annoying.

Nice man, and yes, that would annoy me also, shit, it annoyed me just seeing it in the picture!

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Uh I think I see an orange cord on your MIC, you should deff trade for my soft top. Jokes aside congrats and enjoy it. Sorry about that mismatched trim piece, infuriating.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s odd about the orange. Good to hear of a dealer actually sticking to an agreement👍

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It feels like a lifted go-cart or buggy, in a good way.
I tell people this exact thing all the time. Another analogy I use is it drives like a Polaris RZR, only faster and way more fun!

Congrats on taking possession! I can honestly say I've never had a vehicle have such an impact on my life before. Between the offroading/camping trips and the day-to-day fun driving, I have had people tell me I seem like a completely different person lol!! I have a soft top and throw that thing back every... single... day, and it is so freaking uplifting!

Out of curiosity, what happened to where you're only just now taking possession of a 2021? Are they seriously still delivering 2021 models??

ISeeTheFuture

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Out of curiosity, what happened to where you're only just now taking possession of a 2021? Are they seriously still delivering 2021 models??
Hee Hee hee Haw HAW (rolling on floor laughing)..

Yes, many of us with the last 2021s were shipped off to Ice Mountain immediately after exiting the line (either due to chips, or other options). Where they sat. And sat. And some continue to sit.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Ford shutting down everything to focus on existing orders seems to have helped. Many of the remaining 2021s are being shipped and delivered these days. (I’m still waiting, but it should only be matter of days).

• Sad
Reactions: Cat

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hee Hee hee Haw HAW (rolling on floor laughing)..

Yes, many of us with the last 2021s were shipped off to Ice Mountain immediately after exiting the line (either due to chips, or other options). Where they sat. And sat. And some continue to sit.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Ford shutting down everything to focus on existing orders seems to have helped. Many of the remaining 2021s are being shipped and delivered these days. (I’m still waiting, but it should only be matter of days).
Wow!! I had no idea there were 2021s still being delivered! That's freakin tragic. I do remember ice mountain posts after I took delivery of mine in December but didn't realize the same vehicles still hadn't been delivered.

gmannerino

Base
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's beautiful! I haven't noticed posts about quality misses lately, I was wondering if the team tightened up their process. Just one single orange cord seems like an obvious miss that should have been caught. At least you don't have one Navy Pier seat :p

NCBronc

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I accepted delivery of my '21 2.7L Black Diamond w/hardtop, sasquatch, and mid package a couple of weekends ago. I moved to Maryland this year so I flew back to AZ to pick it up from the dealer I ordered with, Rodeo Ford (no ADM and was an easy experience).

My jaw dropped when my Uber dropped me off in front of the dealership from the Phx Skyharbor Airport. They had my Bronco freshly detailed and sitting out front of the dealership under a little tent. There was already a couple shoppers ooohing and aahhhhing over it. The salesman took care of any final remaining paperwork and helped me sync my phone with the Bronco and let me give it a good once over before driving off with it. My pre-acceptance observations were:
-There was a blemish on the top of the windshield, looks like a drip of melted glass or something, dealer said I can replace with warranty.
-Cactus Gray in person is absolutely amazing, especially on a full size Bronco, and even more so on a BD w/ the contrasting MIC color.
-MGV seats feel very premium and I am very pleased with them.
-MIC top looks of. Some edges look a little rough but I'm not overly worried. That's what warranty is for.

I then popped the top off and made a couple stops in the PHX west valley. It was great with the windows down and front roof panels off. Wind buffeting above 50ish was a little annoying but rolling up the windows helped that. I traded in a 2011 Raptor for it and the ride is sort of similar. Cushy suspension and plenty of power. But with the shorter and narrower wheelbase, the Bronco feels way more nimble and peppier. It feels like a lifted go-cart or buggy, in a good way. The front fenders don't really catch anything from the sasquatch tires, after 3 miles and driving on dry roads I still had dirt on the side doors.

I then proceeded to hit the highway to get back to MD. I had plans to stop and hit Schnebley Hill in Sedona but was up against the clock and decided to get home as fast as I could. Really comfortable on the highway. I activated the lane assist and it wasn't bothersome at all. It holds a line really well and I only experienced getting blown around once, in Oklahoma. My driver side mirror whistled the first day, but hasn't whistled since. Sound system definitely isn't as nice as the raptor's but even on the highway I could hear fine with it turned to 11-13.

I''ve got some parts sitting in the basement I plan on throwing on once I get a free weekend and I'll probably start a build journal for that. I got teary-eyed trading in my Raptor but I absolutely love the Bronco. It looks incredible, will get me to any backcountry trailhead I want to get to, and handles just great in the city. Despite waiting an eternity for it, I still feel like it was worth it.

Ford Bronco Initial Take and 2k Mile Road Trip Home PXL_20220509_194900001

Congrats on your new ride, and way to break it in with a rode trip. I definitely agree it is worth the wait.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

PXL_20220509_194900001.jpg

It's beautiful! I haven't noticed posts about quality misses lately, I was wondering if the team tightened up their process. Just one single orange cord seems like an obvious miss that should have been caught. At least you don't have one Navy Pier seat :p
I have seen a few posts in threads about the orange cord on the passenger side on some models, which makes me think it's intentional...or these all came off the same line on the same day with the same line guy on crack putting orange cord in that location.

Last edited:

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Checking in before someone tries to convince us that the elusive “single orange seat trim” bronco will be the most valuable known to man 75 years from now.

Seriously though congratulations and what a great way to spend time breaking it in!

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the stuff I love to read. Congrats on taking delivery! As mentioned earlier, this vehicle seems to have changed my overall attitude. I loved my Mustang but the Bronco just feels different. It truly gives back and makes you love driving both on and off roads. Keep on enjoying that beauty!

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

̶A̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶a̶d̶l̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶t̶s̶/̶g̶r̶a̶b̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶s̶/̶b̶a̶d̶g̶e̶.̶

Whoops, my bad.. yours is a Black Diamond, ok that's crazy you got one orange cord

Ford Bronco Initial Take and 2k Mile Road Trip Home PXL_20220513_142020180

Ford Bronco Initial Take and 2k Mile Road Trip Home Screenshot_20220513-072911
Sponsored

Last edited: