Sponsored

AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG

A couple of things.

1) What is the point of the cups while using the Picatinny rail (AR TAP)? The cup negates the purpose. Then you have the bolt showing underneath just like @pakrat

2) The bolt thread doesn’t seem to match the nut. When you screw them in to the bottom nut alone - it wobbles inside which seems smaller than it should?

3) I snugged these in and now cannot remove them as the bolt using a hex 2.5. The bolt appears soft and now can’t undo it. :(

570F6BFB-6EC7-43FF-AE82-491F212F4FB7.jpeg

06BCD44F-1F5A-4C17-9731-25AB95D11A2B.jpeg
I see. I sourced the original stainless steel cap head bolt with 3mm drive. It was previously out of stock. I'll ship you replacements. The bolt is meant to work for all applications. It's M4x.07x45. If you want a shorter bolt. I know they ship out with the M4 bolt installed in the machined nut. I'll check again today on several to see if there's excessive play in the threads. It's possible, if the tooling was wore when the thread was machined. If that's the case, I'll ship you verified replacements. We have a lot on hand.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does this also work the same way with the Rail that he is using? For picatinny? I haven't made the attempt after receiving, but Im about to.
It will work the same way. The Picatinny slot, without the BALL CUP, reduces the overall distance by 8-10mm which will allow the threads to protrude beyond the nut. Functionally, they work the same. Visually, they are different.

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see. I sourced the original stainless steel cap head bolt with 3mm drive. It was previously out of stock. I'll ship you replacements. The bolt is meant to work for all applications. It's M4x.07x45. If you want a shorter bolt. I know they ship out with the M4 bolt installed in the machined nut. I'll check again today on several to see if there's excessive play in the threads. It's possible, if the tooling was wore when the thread was machined. If that's the case, I'll ship you verified replacements. We have a lot on hand.
Thank you. Let me know if you need any info. Much appreciated.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the new balls! I have not been scheduled yet but I will have several items ready to go when I get a bronco.

HellstromX

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Grand Sport Corvette Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any news on the additional colors??
We're just a week away from making every color happen. We'll begin cerakoting in house! I've always wanted to have the finishing services performed in house, for better color accuracy and quality control.

Our laser is lasering. I'll get a thread created that will detail all the new services and processes we'll have in house. ;)

All the sauce!

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love my BAM rail. They balls are ok….the picatinny mounting does not work for smooth rails which is no big. But the larger bolt is not long enough for the application that uses the holes that join the pieces of rail together. I had to source my own bolt and of course couldn’t locate a black one. Maybe I’m the only one not sure…see photo for mounting application I’m talking about.

BCF7F1E2-3A3C-4B7A-ADE9-4D0FE769230E.jpeg

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Love my BAM rail. They balls are ok….the picatinny mounting does not work for smooth rails which is no big. But the larger bolt is not long enough for the application that uses the holes that join the pieces of rail together. I had to source my own bolt and of course couldn’t locate a black one. Maybe I’m the only one not sure…see photo for mounting application I’m talking about.

Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. BCF7F1E2-3A3C-4B7A-ADE9-4D0FE769230E
This is the bolt you need for the mounting position pictured. Although the BALL itself is designed to be implemented, near universally, the hardware required to mount may need to be different lengths. I'll look into the 2" bolt that's linked and verify it will work in THE D/MOSH assembly and report back. If it's a go, I'll swap the hardware out appropriately.

HellstromX

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Grand Sport Corvette Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Texasex

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the bolt you need for the mounting position pictured. Although the BALL itself is designed to be implemented, near universally, the hardware required to mount may need to be different lengths. I'll look into the 2" bolt that's linked and verify it will work in THE D/MOSH assembly and report back. If it's a go, I'll swap the hardware out appropriately.
Watching as I sent you separate DM and Email on this same scenario...

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Received & Installed. Few pics showing the lowest profile B.A.L.L. install, the 67 Designs 20 mm ball the cleanest I could install it without an adapter, and my pocket computer holder (67 Designs arm with the G3 mount and one of my new B.A.L.L.S.). FYI - now that the weather has changed and I've been able to some good high speed desert runs and rocky trails the G3 magnetic mount has kept the phone in place. Hasn't popped off once under some serious vibration and bumps. I am using the full plate for maximum contact. The mag-safe strips probably would not be as strong. Just so much less metal in contact with the magnet.

Only one gripe, as you can see the bolt sticks down below slotted base. I like this install because it is as low as possible and is totally locked in place. To cover all bases you would need to include a shorter bolt. Off to the grinder I go.
Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. BCF7F1E2-3A3C-4B7A-ADE9-4D0FE769230E
What size 67 arm is that?

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs