Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not Ford's fault that they had to delay the Bronco launch 6 months due to Covid. However, now they are asking reservation holders to purchase a 2021 model year with a possible (expected) delivery a full year later in June 2021. How can they begin delivery of a 2021 model in June 2021? 2022 models of other SUV's come out only 3 months later in Aug/Sept 2021. My opinion is that with this delay, Ford should start with 2022 and reservation holders should be the first to receive the 2022 model (this would be great PR for Ford to show they care about their customers and loyalty of early purchasers of the Bronco). Then, continue the production of the 2022 into the Fall of 2021. I just can't seem to get my head around them still trying to offer us a 2021 model with deliveries late Spring/June. Is anyone else concerned about this issue or not a concern for you? Please let me know if I am looking at this incorrectly. Thanks...
Sponsored

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't really care what "year" my Bronco is.

But at this point why not just call them 2022s?

Or even better, the FE Broncos should be 2021s and the rest of us plebs should get 2022s.
Ya the year doesn’t really matter, once I order at the end of this year, you can call it a 2020 for all I care

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You don't care that your spending $40K+ on an SUV that will be one model year old 3 months after delivery?

Or even better, the FE Broncos should be 2021s and the rest of us plebs should get 2022s.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't care that your spending $40K+ on an SUV that will be one model year old 3 months after delivery?
Nope. It's not actually any older. It's not like the next model year will be rolling onto the lots immediately after mine does. Makes no difference to me even if they were.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd prefer they call them 2020s.
Yeah, I'm kind of done with 2020 so would rather not have a 2020 Bronco. I can't imagine how much of a hassle THAT would be.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2nd gen Bronco prototype was out in 1974, but because of the gas crisis it was put off until 1978. I see this as roughly the same situation. I don't expect to get my Badlands until Octoberish realistically. Even though I ordered it after launch. The year doesn't really matter to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nope. It's not actually any older. It's not like the next model year will be rolling onto the lots immediately after mine does. Makes no difference to me even if they were.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point then. It does matter to me and I would think others. If I'm going to purchase a new vehicle, I want a current model year (at the beginning or close to that model year launch), not in June the following year. At this point, Ford should start with model year 2022 for the Bronco and not penalize reservation holders with requiring us to purchase a 2021 model year so far after typical new model year launches (Fall of prior year)

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think those of us who have reserved a Bronco in 2020 should get a 2020 badge put on it somewhere that has a bat with little corona-viruses floating around it. On the inside of the back tailgate would be cool. Something like this with "2020 Edition" on the bottom or top. It also needs to be a metal plate.

Ford Bronco 2021 or 2022 Bronco Model Year? corona bat

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooh, I like this idea if....rolling us plebs over to a 2022 means they add a true green to the lineup and I can still adjust my order in time.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why should you? I’m assuming you “care” because you’re concerned about the impact to resale? If that’s your concern, you wouldn’t be buying a brand new vehicle in the first place as it depreciates the most in year 1. Whether it’s a 2022 or 2021, it’s going to be worth the same after you drive it off the lot.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.