Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The idea that Ford is going to introduce an entirely new model 3 months after launching this vehicle is a little laughable. They have enough on their plates just spinning up production levels and quality controls.

OP, I think your concern is valid but tantamount to complaining about someone spitting in the ocean. Of all the things affecting the value of this particular model of a vehicle, the "year" is not going to be significant.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I know what you were implying. My single biggest disappointment with the first year Bronco has been the lack of a deep green. Wishful thinking and all.
Of course Ford is planning on improvements and add-ons for 2022. And they are for 2023 as well. And 2024. And 2025. I could go on and on. They even do improvements throughout the same model year. I guess I'm struggling to understand. No matter what model year it's assigned, you're going to be built whatever is available at that time. You're thinking way too much into this. You're getting the same Bronco whether they give it a 2021 or 2022 model year. Are you concerned with telling your colleagues and friends you're driving a 2021 model year vehicle in July of 2021?
You do seem to be missing the point about 2021 vs 2022. Weā€™re buying a 2021 model year with expected delivery in June 2021. The 2022 model year of other SUVā€™s will be at dealerships in Fall 2021. We are being required by Ford due to the delay with paying 9 months of depreciation (Without receiving the vehicle) due to delay in ordering, production and delivery.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do seem to be missing the point about 2021 vs 2022. Weā€™re buying a 2021 model year with expected delivery in June 2021. The 2022 model year of other SUVā€™s will be at dealerships in Fall 2021. We are being required by Ford due to the delay with paying 9 months of depreciation (Without receiving the vehicle) due to delay in ordering, production and delivery.
You're not required to do anything. If it's that big of a deal just wait to get a '22 or' 23.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, a healthy chunk of market valuation is miles driven per year so getting a 2021 3 months before everyone else has 2022's would keep that value artificially low for at least several years so there are trade offs. I mean unless you somehow pack 15,000-20,000 miles into your first 3 months of ownership.

OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The idea that Ford is going to introduce an entirely new model 3 months after launching this vehicle is a little laughable. They have enough on their plates just spinning up production levels and quality controls.

OP, I think your concern is valid but tantamount to complaining about someone spitting in the ocean. Of all the things affecting the value of this particular model of a vehicle, the "year" is not going to be significant.
Itā€™s the right thing for Ford to do at this point with the delays. Why should we have to pay 9 months of a 2021 SUV depreciation due to the delay. I just donā€™t get the ā€˜I donā€™t care responsesā€™. We should get a new SUV and model (2022) with potential deliveries up to June 2021. If they guaranteed delivery by March 2021, Iā€™d be OK with a 2021 model year. Going to June is too far for a 2021

Sponsored
OP
OP

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, a healthy chunk of market valuation is miles driven per year so getting a 2021 3 months before everyone else has 2022's would keep that value artificially low for at least several years so there are trade offs. I mean unless you somehow pack 15,000-20,000 miles into your first 3 months of ownership.
The model year is more important

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s the right thing for Ford to do at this point with the delays. Why should we have to pay 9 months of a 2021 SUV depreciation due to the delay. I just donā€™t get the ā€˜I donā€™t care responsesā€™. We should get a new SUV and model (2022) with potential deliveries up to June 2021. If they guaranteed delivery by March 2021, Iā€™d be OK with a 2021 model year. Going to June is too far for a 2021
Well you asked for opinions and have lashed out at anyone who thinks your concerns are overblown. If you only want validation of your own thoughts, just say so.

Last edited:

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmm, I smell the Bronco warthog knocking right after we put in our order.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Resale value several years from now.
Iā€™ll take my 2021 over a 2022. If there are 2021s and they donā€™t just automatically assign them a 2022 model year vehicle, theyā€™ll be a lot more valuable in the future than a higher production number 2022.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We can just call it a 2021Ā½

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The model year is more important
Meh. Any time I've picked up a used car mileage and equipment have been my primary concerns. The model year only played into the equation if there were certain things I wanted that were added in one model year and newer. It's almost a certainty that the majority of first year Broncos are going to be spec'd by enthusiasts. At least people interested enough to put in a reservation and wait. That may carry its own cachet that offsets any value lost by being called a 2021 vs a 22. We don't really know how these things are going to depreciate just yet.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think most of us are so caught up in the Build and Price release that we don't care what model year it is. We just want the damn vehicle.

Having said that, I'm not concerned about the resale value because I'm either keeping it until I die and pass it on to one of my kids, or, I'm going to trade it in on a future Bronco, and the Ford dealership will understand the whole 2021/2022 thing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.