North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I test drove a Wrangler in 2018. Liked it, didn't love it. Did some research. When the salesman called a few days later, I asked him about the "Jeep Death Wobble." He said he had never heard of it. When I told him there were over 10,000 hits on Google, he said "maybe two or three people have complained about it." He lost me right there.

One of the reasons I wanted a Jeep: it comes in yellow with a black roof. Steelers colors. Will give Fiat props for better colors on Jeeps.
First mistake, asking a salesperson a question, regardless if they know the answer or not, they make one up on the spot, that is convenient for the moment.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I test drove a Wrangler in 2018. Liked it, didn't love it. Did some research. When the salesman called a few days later, I asked him about the "Jeep Death Wobble." He said he had never heard of it. When I told him there were over 10,000 hits on Google, he said "maybe two or three people have complained about it." He lost me right there.

One of the reasons I wanted a Jeep: it comes in yellow with a black roof. Steelers colors. Will give Fiat props for better colors on Jeeps.
Surprised he was able to say it with a straight face. Or maybe he wasn't?

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't think of a brand I'm interested in that "heritage" is a selling point. Take Harley their "Heritage" is a major turn off for anyone below the age of 50.
:sneaky: I'm going to have to Disagree on the Harley Comment :rolleyes:

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmm, interesting point about the limited slip differential. Never thought about that one. Not a deal breaker though.
Well sure if the front diff on a IFS was in the same physical place (relative to the “axle”) as a SFA their drawing would be more valid.

The front diff on the Bronco (and most 4x4 IFS) is actually up in between the frame rails. So you might bottom out the frame but the diff should be fairly protected.

Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide B00D8AF4-CD7E-43AF-9642-DD653BB975E0
Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide 9A3775AE-EF45-481D-8665-491D07F095AB

JK

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was seriously looking at getting a fully loaded Wrangler Rubicon, but what got me was the price deferences between a dealership and a stealership for the same vehicle. The difference between buying in Texas vs Idaho was 15% if purchased in Idaho. What I liked about Ford was they reigned in on the dealers marking up the prices. Could FCA do that?
BAHAHAHBAHAHAH!! Thanks for the laugh right before sleepy time. Nope, Ford has complete control over ADMs on GT500’s, GT350’s, Raptors, etc. We’ll see ADM’s on the Bronco as well. Are you a comedian?!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You have some deep technical insight on turbos, but this is an interesting thread, about FCA, not turbos. Please start a new thread and don't take this thread off on a tangent.
The thread deals directly with Jeep saying Ford has nothing like the 392, so the engine comparisons, not started by me or even originally replied to by me, are 100% relevant in this thread. Don't read it if you don't want to discuss it.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
BAHAHAHBAHAHAH!! Thanks for the laugh right before sleepy time. Nope, Ford has complete control over ADMs on GT500’s, GT350’s, Raptors, etc. We’ll see ADM’s on the Bronco as well. Are you a comedian?!
Exactly, Only bought 1 of my last 5 Fords In NJ. Saved $3-5000 @ either Koons in Va and some random dealer In Md. And we aren't talking some high end models either.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wrote on JL forum over a month ago that FCA needs to do their 10-year redesign NOW. Problem is, it takes Jeep all 10 of those years to get all the issues worked out.
Did they ban you for leaking the truth lol

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you see how theirs isn't centered? It's shifted right so it didn't hug the mound too.
Yep... Now with Jeep you can only go one way with low side...???

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, siggy, which Bronco trim package are you getting? ?

/rhetorical :sneaky: ?

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey, siggy, which Bronco trim package are you getting? ?

/rhetorical :sneaky: ?
Whatever one that doesn’t have ADM’s. Did I hurt your feelings speaking the truth? Are you trying to get with me? I’m flattered. Hopefully you’re a hot chick, but I’m guessing that’s not the case.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

highonthedesert

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Diesel
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did they ban you for leaking the truth lol
Hah. Some JL owners are pretty angry at FCA over steering issues, bad frame welds, electrical gremlins, etc. I've owned several JKs and never had any serious issues; but, I didn't jump into the JK until 2011 when they were a few years into the new model. By the time I bought my last one in 2018 (Recon), it was pretty much bullet-proof.

Now that there is finally direct competition to the Wrangler, maybe FCA will wake up. Just a small example of FCA's stupid-thinking – putting comically-small tires on base Wranglers and most all RAMs. The Power Wagon in my profile picture for example came with 33" tires, which looked ridiculous.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.