BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have rumors that a “Sixty Six” will be the base model and there will be a Raptor/Baja version and possibly another trim code named “Rock Monster”

Sounds awesome and I’m super excited! I just hope these trims will be announced at the spring debut or within a few months of it (before release). Like how GM debuted the new vette with the z51 package, then a few months later they showed the convertible version. I hope we don’t have to wait a year after the debut before we know what the raptor version will look like
Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Base on other recent debuts, it seems likely that the halo RockMonster or similar could come one or even two model years later.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully the interior trim packages are completely separate from the off road packages.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m more curious about price... I really hope I’ll be able to get into a 4-door with the options I want(not many tbh) for $40kish.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m more curious about price... I really hope I’ll be able to get into a 4-door with the options I want(not many tbh) for $40kish.
Have you priced out a JLU the way you would order a Bronco? I’m betting they’ll be very close in price.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you priced out a JLU the way you would order a Bronco? I’m betting they’ll be very close in price.
They don’t really make one... I’d want a complete base model with locking rear diff, and manual transmission. Sync 4 would be nice but honestly I don’t see that not just coming stock, since the 2020 Escape comes with all trims.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don’t really make one... I’d want a complete base model with locking rear diff, and manual transmission. Sync 4 would be nice but honestly I don’t see that not just coming stock, since the 2020 Escape comes with all trims.
Should be doable for $40k. The base JLU is $33k. Ford only charges around $390 for a locker on the super duty.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have rumors that a “Sixty Six” will be the base model and there will be a Raptor/Baja version and possibly another trim code named “Rock Monster”

Sounds awesome and I’m super excited! I just hope these trims will be announced at the spring debut or within a few months of it (before release). Like how GM debuted the new vette with the z51 package, then a few months later they showed the convertible version. I hope we don’t have to wait a year after the debut before we know what the raptor version will look like
Vette is a good example...except it's more that the Z06 won't be out until probably 2021 and then ZR1 maybe 2022. I'm planning to hold out for the Raptor version but I'm not expecting it to show up until probably end of 2021 or into 2022.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Vette is a good example...except it's more that the Z06 won't be out until probably 2021 and then ZR1 maybe 2022. I'm planning to hold out for the Raptor version but I'm not expecting it to show up until probably end of 2021 or into 2022.
With the Colorado, i believe it was:
2015 launch
2016 diesel
2017 ZR2
2018 Bison

That type of strategy kept the Colorado in the automotive news every year.

So, if you were dreaming of a Bison at launch, you were in for a long wait! I know personally, I was dreaming of a ZR2, and had it come out in 2013 or 2014, I might have bought one, as I had very good financial freedom at that time. Instead, GM chose to not even make Colorados those years.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm I like the 'Sixty six' name for a base model and I'm highly interested in this " Rock Monster". Does anyone have more info or a source on these rumors?

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm I like the 'Sixty six' name for a base model and I'm highly interested in this " Rock Monster". Does anyone have more info or a source on these rumors?
yes, but Crispy won't talk. I tried to bribe him with some good ole Louisiana crawfish.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, but Crispy won't talk. I tried to bribe him with some good ole Louisiana crawfish.
Well as long as theses rumors aren’t being denied then that’s a good sign

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well as long as theses rumors aren’t being denied then that’s a good sign
agreed. Hell, they won't deny the SFA rumor either. They do deny the V8 though. So......who knows? It looks good. a 4D bronco would replace the wifes 4runner, so even an IFS would work for that. As for the 2D, either it'll need to be SFA, an SFA swap would need to be cheap enough (<10k), or I'll look for a 73ish model.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should be able to get a JLU Sport model with manual transmission and the uprated "dana 44" rear axle (I think more limited slip than locking) for under $35,000. Then put some larger tires on after purchase. Main issue would be the diff gearing if going to some tire size like 35". To get the diff gearing I think you have to step up to the Rubicon? Then your looking at close to 50 grand. Hell would freeze over before I spend 50 grand on a Wrangler.

Does anyone else face this issue? I bought my TJ last spring for $6000. And have my eye on a nice CJ5 going for a bit under that price as well. And that total is only 12 grand. Plus lower insurance and vehicle fees. I would still have stack of cash left to buy several other fun vehicles or do other things. It's difficult for me to justify spending big on a new 4x4, especially because I'm not at all into the new electronics and other features other people like. That said, I do hope Ford can tempt someone like me with a base model Bronco Bronco at a decent price.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should be able to get a JLU Sport model with manual transmission and the uprated "dana 44" rear axle (I think more limited slip than locking) for under $35,000. Then put some larger tires on after purchase. Main issue would be the diff gearing if going to some tire size like 35". To get the diff gearing I think you have to step up to the Rubicon? Then your looking at close to 50 grand. Hell would freeze over before I spend 50 grand on a Wrangler.

Does anyone else face this issue? I bought my TJ last spring for $6000. And have my eye on a nice CJ5 going for a bit under that price as well. And that total is only 12 grand. Plus lower insurance and vehicle fees. I would still have stack of cash left to buy several other fun vehicles or do other things. It's difficult for me to justify spending big on a new 4x4, especially because I'm not at all into the new electronics and other features other people like. That said, I do hope Ford can tempt someone like me with a base model Bronco Bronco at a decent price.
I have many of the same thoughts as you.
Sponsored