Sponsored

Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The lift is different between a Badlands with and without Sasquatch. A small difference, but it may be significant when putting on bigger tires.

where did you hear this ?? ??

this was from a post a month ago. I didn't know anything had changed ??

Being a Ford engineer myself I have had the luxury of knowing a bit about what was coming well before the reveal. One of the things that surprised me however was the sasquatch package. I knew we were offering 35's but I thought it was only for the top tier Bronco, similarly I thought the suspension upgrade would be reserved for the top tier Bronco. I knew that we had a direct Rubicon competitor in the "Rock Monster" or Badlands as we call it now which is available with everything except the biggest tire size and slightly upgraded suspension. It is at least available with 33's. I was perfectly happy with this option until the reveal when I was pleasantly surprised (inaccurately) that the big tires could be had on anything! So now I feel robbed, being left with an option I was otherwise already in love with. Its funny, if Ford had made it crystal clear from the start I think the "outrage" would be a small fraction of what it is now, including from myself. There's my rant/background, but to answer your question no, you definitely don't need the sasquatch to have an otherwise competitive if not class leading (aside from sasquatch) vehicle. And as Mike Levine has made clear, if they don't end up offering this package on manual, there will be no shortage of Ford catalog/aftermarket options which could be even better. Just like that giant 2door manual they were showing off. Its easy to complain, but I think the manual will still be a sick offering!
I wouldn't be surprised, but unlike Raptor I think the take rate for this gear on Bronco either via sasquatch or Ford aftermarket support will boost the economies of scale considerably. We'll see, though I hope we can assume its well under 10k since on the Badlands you basically get Sasquatch kit minus the biggest tires (but instead 33's) plus a bunch of other standard equipment that aint cheap.

.... so the way I see it as Badlands has Squatch package as standard equipment...... minus the wheels and tires. if you could clarify where this was changed please let me know I have missed it.

I am trying to decide on Badlands or BaseSquatch. This would be a thing to know. Hope the embargo or the Q&A thing will yield betters answers.
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
where did you hear this ?? ??

this was from a post a month ago. I didn't know anything had changed ??

.... so the way I see it as Badlands has Squatch package as standard equipment...... minus the wheels and tires. if you could clarify where this was changed please let me know I have missed it.

I am trying to decide on Badlands or BaseSquatch. This would be a thing to know. Hope the embargo or the Q&A thing will yield betters answers.
Just do the math. There is about a half inch difference. It's not just the tires, there's extra lift with Squatch. Or trust the people telling you it's a bit different. We've gone over this a million times, lol.

Nothing has changed, btw.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

G2SKIER

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 17 ZR2 37s. New Silverado LT, RZR Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only difference between badlands and squatch is a 10mm Up travel limiting spacer on the bump stops. Everyone is using 33vs 35 for the height comparison. Don’t. A 285/70r17 will measure ~32 at best, and even less with weight on it. Most 315/70r17s measure ~34.5 or so. We’ve had ford tell us multiple times the suspension is identical. From ford below...

Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? 554960F7-2AE9-4EAE-BDBA-5061D1880B8E

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't get 35s from the factory then you will not have the right gearing when you throw on 35s down the road.
Going from a 33” to a 35” isn’t going to be that huge of a difference in the gear ratio. 33 to 37+, then you’ll start to notice. The higher ends are coming with such larger gear ratios (4.27 & up) that you’re not going to substantially notice a difference going up to a 35”.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1595325397601.png

Now, take a good look at that. You ever see so much stuff lower than the rear diff on an off road vehicle? Those shock mounts are why the squatch has such surprising low amount of clearance.

That 8.4 inches for I guess the base isn't too good. There's quite a few SUVs that will beat that.

The shocks and control arm mounts are not that big of a problem. They are close to the tires and will typically clear things.

That exhaust is a potential issue. I can't tell you how many times I've landed banged my jeep gas tank skid (In the same spot as this exhaust)....

What I would like to really see is this same photo from the side to see what hangs below the frame rails.

Sponsored

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only difference between badlands and squatch is a 10mm Up travel limiting spacer on the bump stops. Everyone is using 33vs 35 for the height comparison. Don’t. A 285/70r17 will measure ~32 at best, and even less with weight on it. Most 315/70r17s measure ~34.5 or so. We’ve had ford tell us multiple times the suspension is identical. From ford below...

Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? 554960F7-2AE9-4EAE-BDBA-5061D1880B8E
Actual overall diameter for tires varies quite a bit from brand to brand and even with different models by the same manufacturer, but Ford has told us what tires will be used on the different trims. The standard Badlands tires are BFG KO2’s (285/70/17). According to Discount Tire and Tire Rack, those measure 32.76-32.8 depending on load rating. The Goodyear Territories have been harder for me to find, but 315/70/17 Duratecs measure 34.4”.
As you said, both overall diameters are not under load.

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then what does the Optional "High Clearance Suspension" for the Badlands mean? :unsure:
Its listed as optional under handling.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only difference between badlands and squatch is a 10mm Up travel limiting spacer on the bump stops. Everyone is using 33vs 35 for the height comparison. Don’t. A 285/70r17 will measure ~32 at best, and even less with weight on it. Most 315/70r17s measure ~34.5 or so. We’ve had ford tell us multiple times the suspension is identical. From ford below.
554960F7-2AE9-4EAE-BDBA-5061D1880B8E.png
I’m not making a statement about the difference in height between those two models but In a size of 285/70/17, Cooper STT Pro tires are 33.1” and my old BFG KO2 came in at about 32.8 I think.
They are all a little different. But none of them are as small as 32”. None that I have seen from the stated measurement on their websites.
Also, most 315/70/17 tires are not going to measure up to 34.5”. You’ll have a very hard time finding one that actual measures out that big.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then what does the Optional "High Clearance Suspension" for the Badlands mean? :unsure:
Its listed as optional under handling.

Hmmmm
Maybe it's just the addition of the bump stops, or what ever limits the squatch package

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Going from a 33” to a 35” isn’t going to be that huge of a difference in the gear ratio. 33 to 37+, then you’ll start to notice. The higher ends are coming with such larger gear ratios (4.27 & up) that you’re not going to substantially notice a difference going up to a 35”.
Agreed. Don't forget 4.27 is a super low street gear, add a 10 speed tranny and an Ecoboost and you'll be fine.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was looking at that as well and kept scrolling through the Wildtrak info and came across this.....what the hell is the “adrenaline rush package”
Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? 7703456B-DE43-4A8E-9344-E61CAD341D22

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? 7703456B-DE43-4A8E-9344-E61CAD341D22

Now, take a good look at that. You ever see so much stuff lower than the rear diff on an off road vehicle? Those shock mounts are why the squatch has such surprising low amount of clearance.

That 8.4 inches for I guess the base isn't too good. There's quite a few SUVs that will beat that.
LMMFAO !!!!! I just looked it up, my OUTBACK has 8.7" !!!!!

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The lift is different between a Badlands with and without Sasquatch. A small difference, but it may be significant when putting on bigger tires.
It’s the same. The only difference in the suspension is the Sasquatch gets the taller bump stops to limit up travel. The Badlands, Wildtrax, First Edition, and any trim with Sasquatch has the same suspension setup. The only differences are the bump stops that come with 35s and the small height difference with the Badlands 33s. Going up to the Sasquatch pkg on the badlands only adds the taller bump stops.
Sponsored