Sponsored

Ford canvas Bimini vs mesh?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in the Portland, OR metro area and am debating between the Ford accessories canvas Bimini and the JTops hard top Bimini. Two things in the canvas top’s favor is better rain protection if I get caught in a shower and using my rewards credits to pay for it. JTops on the other hand had a nice design and good build quality. Anyone have experience with either or have any recommendations?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OEM canvas. Two door version. Provides shade and eliminates the sun in one’s eyes during certain times of the day. As for rain protection, I have not been in a rain storm with the canvas top as of yet. I imagine it will keep some water from getting in, but the top does not seal off at the top of the windshield framing. As you drive the top lifts a bit allowing air , and most likely water to enter. Obviously it is way better at protecting from rain then the mesh, but I would not consider it a total weather protection cover. After all, it is called a shade top.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OEM canvas. Two door version. Provides shade and eliminates the sun in one’s eyes during certain times of the day. As for rain protection, I have not been in a rain storm with the canvas top as of yet. I imagine it will keep some water from getting in, but the top does not seal off at the top of the windshield framing. As you drive the top lifts a bit allowing air , and most likely water to enter. Obviously it is way better at protecting from rain then the mesh, but I would not consider it a total weather protection cover. After all, it is called a shade top.
Thanks. I’m not looking to waterproof the thing or I would stay with the hardtop. Just want something that’ll keep me from getting soaked in the event of an unexpected shower.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you more worried about yourself or the interior of the Bronco?
Self. I have a black diamond with MGV so not too worried about the interior.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have experience that may be able to help out?

GoPre

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a bestop soft top and run it as a safari without the windows. Also bought a cover to thrown on it when I'm parking it for a while. Not the cheapest option but it ticked the boxes I needed for rainy New England this summer.

Reactions: fv9
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ended up ordering the ford canvas top since I had the ford reward points. Will report back on how it does. Been a wet spring in the pacific NW!

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in the Portland, OR metro area and am debating between the Ford accessories canvas Bimini and the JTops hard top Bimini. Two things in the canvas top’s favor is better rain protection if I get caught in a shower and using my rewards credits to pay for it. JTops on the other hand had a nice design and good build quality. Anyone have experience with either or have any recommendations?
I just got my Jtopsusa Bimini shade and installed it last week. I love, love, love it!!! My favorite accessory by far. I have the soft top and MGV seats. Not too worried about rain as I can always pull over and close the top in a jiffy. Mine was a custom order with a photo I submitted. They did an awesome job with it. I am not sponsored or endorsed by them but you’ll see my photos on their website. The quality of the product was what sold me in the first place and their customer service is just as equal. They are a hard working company. They really listen to their customers and appreciate their input. This is a game changer for me as I use this for my mobile business. The sun beating down on me a couple of times was ok and I have a great tan now but burning the tops of my eye balls was not good. Or forgetting to put something on the seat to keep it from melting my legs. I haven’t had any of those issues since the install. Summer is going to be in style! I hope this helps.

Attachments

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ended up ordering the ford canvas top since I had the ford reward points. Will report back on how it does. Been a wet spring in the pacific NW!
Have you put the canvas top on yet? If so, maybe give us a quick report?

Sponsored
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not yet. Was going to do so today but then rain is back in the forecast for Sunday and Monday. We can’t catch a break in the pacific NW!

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed it today and drove on the freeway. It’s fine around town but it ripples and flaps above the back seat. The straps also make noise so I’ll have to find a place to tuck them in. Also, the front header flaps up on the freeway and doesn’t lay flat. Was hoping it would be quieter and not catch the wind the way it does up front.

Also, the install instructions are terrible.
Sponsored