Sponsored

Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LMMFAO !!!!! I just looked it up, my OUTBACK has 8.7" !!!!!

Yeah, and to think us Tacoma owners are spending the money to do a U bolt flip to get an extra inch of room under the axle at the very same place Ford is hanging 5 inches of stuff to get hung up. It's a good thing most people are going to be using 32+ tires.
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The shocks and control arm mounts are not that big of a problem. They are close to the tires and will typically clear things.

That exhaust is a potential issue. I can't tell you how many times I've landed banged my jeep gas tank skid (In the same spot as this exhaust)....

What I would like to really see is this same photo from the side to see what hangs below the frame rails.
Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? 997D8E2E-FA9D-4856-B02A-F73FEF620A12

Ask and you shall receive ?

JK

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let me ask you a question. Why did ford pick 4.7 for the Sasquatch package? How do you know 4.46 gears is sufficient for 35s? My point is this your logic is based on other cars with 35s and what gearing they use. Btw the raptor rear gearing is 4.1 and all raptors comes with 35s. So why did ford go with 4.7 when they could have used 4.1?

Not knowing the transmission gearing one can’t assume 4.46 is sufficient. I will trust ford as 4.7 is prob the best compromise between power/torque and fuel economy.

Btw I thought about getting 33s with 4.46 gearing and just upgrading to 35s later but there were 2 issues to consider.

1 - will 35s clear if your bronco came stock with 33s? My plan is to get a lift and thus clearance for 35s could be quickly resolved.

2 - is 4.46 gearing enough for 35s? It has to be right? Heck my raptor runs 4.1 and it feels fine. But then why in the hell did ford pick 4.7? I could not resolve this question and thus It could be a big mistake to assume 4.46 is sufficient. Regearing is expensive.

And We will find out soon enough when guys upgrade to 35s with 4.46 gearing

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me ask you a question. Why did ford pick 4.7 for the Sasquatch package? How do you know 4.46 gears is sufficient for 35s? My point is this your logic is based on other cars with 35s and what gearing they use. Btw the raptor rear gearing is 4.1 and all raptors comes with 35s. So why did ford go with 4.7 when they could have used 4.1?

Now knowing the transmission gearing one can’t assume 4.46 is sufficient. I will trust ford as 4.7 is prob the best compromise between power/torque and fuel economy.

And We will find out soon enough when guys upgrade to 35s with 4.46 gearing

Horse to water and all that...

Most will probably get the auto and stick to the interstate. They'll be fine.

If Ford would give me 4.88s I'd be ecstatic. I doubt I get much use out of 6th gear as it is.

Last edited:

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was looking at that as well and kept scrolling through the Wildtrak info and came across this.....what the hell is the “adrenaline rush package”
Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? 997D8E2E-FA9D-4856-B02A-F73FEF620A12
Samsquantch™

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the same. The only difference in the suspension is the Sasquatch gets the taller bump stops to limit up travel. The Badlands, Wildtrax, First Edition, and any trim with Sasquatch has the same suspension setup. The only differences are the bump stops that come with 35s and the small height difference with the Badlands 33s. Going up to the Sasquatch pkg on the badlands only adds the taller bump stops.
It’s not just the bump stops. It’s been gone through on here a ton of times with people calculating the measurements based on the height of the vehicles, but the bottom line is that the Sas gets a little bit taller lift as well. I believe it’s .6” difference. Calculate it based on the specs below, taking the tires into account and let me know what you get;

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

Last edited:

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here"s a sample of the difference between gear sets
Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? 20200823_060343
Ford Bronco Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift? Screenshot_20200710-173158_Firefox

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s not just the bump stops. It’s been gone through on here a ton of times with people calculating the measurements based on the height of the vehicles, but the bottom line is that the Sas gets a little bit taller lift as well. I believe it’s .6” difference. Calculate it based on the specs below, taking the tires into account and let me know what you get;

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf
I guess I should ignore the conversation I had with the suspension engineer driving the test mule here in Colorado? Because he would know. They’re the same. It’s 1.4” difference on the prelim spec sheet for 1.7” difference /2 tire diameter. I’m assuming that’s where everyone is coming up with the .5”-.6”? Not every tire that is the same nominal size is the same actual size. There’s variance between manufacturers. And the Wildtrak also comes standard with a hard top and all the other measurements are based on soft tops. Are we taking that into account?
Many of the assumptions people are making on here are based on partial/incorrect information or speculation. I’m sharing what an engineer told me to try and help clear up incorrect information being passed off as fact.

Last edited:

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here’s a 2-door Sasquatch that I measured. It’s 74.75”-75” tall depending on how level my camera was.

74D2F6DA-9CFE-4719-8914-BB69E8787E3C.jpeg

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I should ignore the conversation I had with the suspension engineer driving the test mule here in Colorado? Because he would know. They’re the same. It’s 1.4” difference on the prelim spec sheet for 1.7” difference /2 tire diameter. I’m assuming that’s where everyone is coming up with the .5”-.6”? Not every tire that is the same nominal size is the same actual size. There’s variance between manufacturers. And the Wildtrak also comes standard with a hard top and all the other measurements are based on soft tops. Are we taking that into account?
Many of the assumptions people are making on here are based on partial/incorrect information or speculation. I’m sharing what an engineer told me to try and help clear up incorrect information being passed off as fact.

Looks like a Badlands with my own 35” BFG KM3 or Cooper STT Pro for me...

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf
I don't see anything definitive in that chart that proves that badlands/sasquatch are not the same setup w/a taller bumpstop to prevent rub w/35s. The comments we've heard from engineers seem to suggest that's what is going on, and from a production standpoint that would certainly be the easiest way to do it!

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until we see published data from Ford, I think all of the comparisons and estimations need to be taken with a grain of salt. This group has put together some really good info based on what Ford has provided, but as with the estimated .6” difference between the Badlands and Sasquatch suspensions, until we get published data on it (it may be out there and I haven’t seen it),it is too hard to say where that difference is coming from. A 0.6” difference could easily come from hard top vs. soft top, different wheel/ tire combos, spacers, adjustment on the shocks, or even two different people measuring the same thing.
Different bumpers or engine/ tranny combos could also make that much difference.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The two door numbers would be comparing hard top v hard top in Badlands v Wildtrak. The tire diameter is a known number for each. The numbers don’t add up if what you say is the case, but maybe they were preliminary and the comments you got are correct.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why listen to facts when we can put all our faith into was is essentially marketing hype?

I WAS going to say about the only measurement we can trust is the tire sizes, but as you noted there are variances usually only a tenth or two, BUT, it is those tenths these guuys are arguing, plus there is actual ride height considering how much tire squish there might be, etc etc.

Hell, any more, when I run gearing numbers on the GrimmJeeper site I use the manufactures Rev's per mile for that particular tire....they have to factor in all kinds of factors , like scrub, etc to derive that number ..... that being said, there IS NOT a standard formula for that either.
Sponsored