First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job on recovery. Dont ever panic and make a bad situation worse. Its all in the "buddy system" a wheeling trip requires 2 vehicles minimum, but when one goes down, best to get a third to help recover! What if vehicle #2 gets stuck or breaks down? Gotta think about these things, and remember its all part of the fun!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What a great group of friends! Glad you got her to safety without any parts disappeared to the chop shop 😂

Absolutely. Seen many reports of disabled Broncos at the event. There was one sent to the “shed” at one of the off rodeos I attended. Not that we ever know the exact reason.
Chatted with my guy at a rodeo, who does not work for Ford... Said they've seen nothing more than minor problems, this was in March. Said they've put thousands of miles on these things, on and off road.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leaving a vehicle over night is no big deal in the areas we frequent. I can't help it if some of you choose to live in high crime areas and think anything left over night is instantly forfeited, but around here it's not a big deal. Especially back where this one was. Finding it vandalized or damaged was absolutely the least of our worries. We also tend to frequent trails that have very low usage, unlike the tourist trails many seem to live on. If we were to see another vehicle out there, it was too crowed.

Was another fun day in the woods, even if the reason to be there wasn't fun.
Ehh I would still be very cautious out there. We wheel all over the Ozarks nearly every weekend and have come across some sketchy situations. Just a few months ago we came across this stolen truck blocking the trail with a suitcase of women’s clothes nearby. And this was miles into a trail. We were a little creeped out.

FB121170-8312-4B1B-B549-A7EC2286FFE7.jpeg

A11C2471-E770-4541-A102-DE1EFD7C70D2.jpeg

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seeing the recovery pics makes me regret selling my chainsaw after I moved back from the mountains down to a nice retirement community; and it was a nice saw. Could have used it for off road adventures for sure, dummy me sold and then months later decided to buy a Bronco.

Tools are tools, I should always keep them... except the electric pole saw. Haha.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
What a great group of friends! Glad you got her to safety without any parts disappeared to the chop shop 😂

Absolutely. Seen many reports of disabled Broncos at the event. There was one sent to the “shed” at one of the off rodeos I attended. Not that we ever know the exact reason.
My daughters husband is a Jeep owner and into off roading. When he returned from a recent trip from Colorado he spent several thousand dollars on suspension repairs. I'm not sure what the nature of the repairs was, but according to him it's normal and the cost of off wheeling. I'm not so sure about that, but its brutal duty for sure. That said, where is all these reports of many Broncos being disabled at Offroadio? This site is like haters central for the Bronco, and I haven't seen them here. Most are like it was a fantastic experience, which would hardly be the case if they dying in mass.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Chatted with my guy at a rodeo, who does not work for Ford... Said they've seen nothing more than minor problems, this was in March. Said they've put thousands of miles on these things, on and off road.
Its not unreasonable for issues to occur during an event like this, and many of these vehicles are preproduction vehicles. This site is good at bringing out the haters, I'm ready to hang it up. I've had my Bronco for 3 months and not a single issue, and wouldn't trade it for anything. Haters will hate.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ehh I would still be very cautious out there. We wheel all over the Ozarks nearly every weekend and have come across some sketchy situations. Just a few months ago we came across this stolen truck blocking the trail with a suitcase of women’s clothes nearby. And this was miles into a trail. We were a little creeped out.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] 0F09A1AC-DEDC-4CB8-8955-487335219BDA

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] 0F09A1AC-DEDC-4CB8-8955-487335219BDA
Ehh, that vehicle was probably taken there to strip and abandon. The point is you are much safer on a trail in Utah, than in LA, Chicago, NYC, or any other sh**hole city. There are places where your vehicle is guaranteed to be looted if left overnight.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing the recovery pics makes me regret selling my chainsaw after I moved back from the mountains down to a nice retirement community; and it was a nice saw. Could have used it for off road adventures for sure, dummy me sold and then months later decided to buy a Bronco.

Tools are tools, I should always keep them... except the electric pole saw. Haha.
I carry a 20V Dewalt chainsaw when I go out. Compact and cuts pretty well for what it is. With a couple 5ah batteries it lasts a good while too.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an electric husqvarna for this reason!
Sponsored