Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does SYNC 4 allow you to turn the back up camera on while driving on surface streets? I know some, but not many, cars do. I ask because I know the the rear view mirror is blocked with the soft top all the way back.

I know they have the rear view mirror that connects to a camera, just trying to save some money if possible.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes , but only at speeds up to 5mph or maybe less.

While off roading and using some of the GOAT modes cameras are available at higher speeds.

ODG.Brad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tactical.dev
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Need this! I use rear camera to park in my garage, check bikes are stable etc. of the last 4 cars I have owned this is the only one that doesn’t give access to the rear camera while in motion.

even at slow speed parking in garage I can get all other cameras, just not the rear camera to check if the garage door will clear…rather odd that the camera is excluded

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

even at slow speed parking in garage I can get all other cameras, just not the rear camera to check if the garage door will clear…rather odd that the camera is excluded
Back in. Problem solved.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added a back up cam mirror to mine yesterday. Got use to the new video mirrors. Pretty easy install. Rubber band over the factory mirror. Added bonus it has a front facing camera. Had the same one in my x3. Good quality mirror. Have to tilt her down with the top off to cut the glare. It records in loops for a dash cam. Can scroll the mirror itself to see more up and down with it. I cut the red trigger wire off and don’t use the gps. Way better unit then what came in my suburban.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0811Q28N6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Ford Bronco Back up camera on while driving 6F628BC2-603D-40D6-B5BC-3E10D6AF6B93

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I added a back up cam mirror to mine yesterday. Got use to the new video mirrors. Pretty easy install. Rubber band over the factory mirror. Added bonus it has a front facing camera. Had the same one in my x3. Good quality mirror. Have to tilt her down with the top off to cut the glare. It records in loops for a dash cam. Can scroll the mirror itself to see more up and down with it. I cut the red trigger wire off and don’t use the gps. Way better unit then what came in my suburban.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0811Q28N6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Ford Bronco Back up camera on while driving 6F628BC2-603D-40D6-B5BC-3E10D6AF6B93
have pics and images of this installed and functioning?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have pics and images of this installed and functioning?
None on the road. Just went out and took pics of the video from the mirror. Just put it in front mode. It does front, front/back, and back. Pictures looked a little washed out. Looks better in person. Will take some rolling vids when I get it back out next weekend. Second pic is the phone zoomed in on the mirror.

57F8EB42-AFAF-4087-A60C-35A67904C1E3.jpeg

FBC62684-C1B3-45F9-9BED-4DC98B92FA8E.jpeg

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

None on the road. Just went out and took pics of the video from the mirror. Just put it in front mode. It does front, front/back, and back. Pictures looked a little washed out. Looks better in person. Will take some rolling vids when I get it back out next weekend. Second pic is the phone zoomed in on the mirror.

Ford Bronco Back up camera on while driving FBC62684-C1B3-45F9-9BED-4DC98B92FA8E

Ford Bronco Back up camera on while driving FBC62684-C1B3-45F9-9BED-4DC98B92FA8E
nice! appreciate it. looks quite nice. considering doing this as well.

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How was install? where do you get power from?

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was install? where do you get power from?
Power is supplied thru mini usb (the old fat camera one) and runs off of 5 volts. I wired a usb plug behind the passenger kick panel for it and plugged it in to that. Mirror itself is wide enough the front camera to slide next to it. Rear camera I put under the factory rear camera and ran return wire down the passenger side. It comes with a cigarette/mini usb in the box. You could also wire in a cig plug adapter to. If you can get the usb mirror dongle which is suppose to be back in stock this month I believe, you can pull power from the rear view mirror.

It can do back up lines and has adjustments for them.

Quality wise (picture)! it’s better than my suburban and our Escalades video mirror. Fov is huge on it.

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Power is supplied thru mini usb (the old fat camera one) and runs off of 5 volts. I wired a usb plug behind the passenger kick panel for it and plugged it in to that. Mirror itself is wide enough the front camera to slide next to it. Rear camera I put under the factory rear camera and ran return wire down the passenger side. It comes with a cigarette/mini usb in the box. You could also wire in a cig plug adapter to. If you can get the usb mirror dongle which is suppose to be back in stock this month I believe, you can pull power from the rear view mirror.

It can do back up lines and has adjustments for them.

Quality wise (picture)! it’s better than my suburban and our Escalades video mirror. Fov is huge on it.
Hope you’re still checking this forum. Do you have any photos from your install and where/how you took power? Looking at doing this!!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope you’re still checking this forum. Do you have any photos from your install and where/how you took power? Looking at doing this!!
I ran it down the passenger side and tapped the orange wire. I’ll get a pic of which one tomorrow for you.

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs