Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What are your wheel thoughts?
The standard wheels look better than I thought. Much better. Had me thinking, ‘Do I really need forged beadlocks for $2k when the standard wheels look this good and I’ll likely never buy the beadlock rings?’

Not scheduled yet, so still deciding.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone know about the functional beadlocks? The ones they have on these Broncos appear to be the older F150 Raptor rings.
The standard wheels look better than I thought. Much better. Had me thinking, ‘Do I really need forged beadlocks for $2k when the standard wheels look this good and I’ll likely never buy the beadlock rings?’

i felt the same. I was hemming and hawing, it got scheduled, and I panicked and shot off an email to my salesman asking if it could still be changed, figuring it couldn’t. He replied with “done” and a new updated Dora. So there might be some leeway on things like that. I was thinking, man they must have a lot of extra beadlock wheels they want to move to make a change after a build date is assigned. The wheels put it at just $10 over $80k which was a bit hard to stomach.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
beadlocks are much heavier so don't get them if you never intend to use them

I ordered the base wheels and by the pics they look really good.

Ford Bronco Herd of Bronco Raptors Spotted in Palm Springs 1654526967462

Last edited:

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
beadlocks are much heavier so don't get them if you never intend to use them

I ordered the base wheels and by the pics they look really good.

Ford Bronco Herd of Bronco Raptors Spotted in Palm Springs 1654526967462
I was starting to second guess my base wheel choice since I wouldn't use the bead locks because every media picture had wheels with bead locks but then I saw these picture dumps and felt good about my choice again.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went through the same though process and stuck with standard.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You may want to check your priority code. Mine was moved to 1 on April 21, just after the initial (only?) scheduling of Braptors. I have seen several others (at least) with a 1 as well. As such, have been locked out of making any changes since then.

i did spec standard rims. The hassle of running headlocks far out weighs the times I’d actually require them. Plus a little spray paint and rock rash on the standard rims will disappear.

That said I am still unscheduled and unchanged! Hopefully, ill get in when the next actual (vs. reschedule) scheduling takes place.

Good luck with your decision…

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I kept the standard wheels because I will buy some dedicated wheels with bead lock tech for off road park stuff locally.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My instructor at NHOR told me that it will happen, and the golden ticket holders gonna get an invitation to attend, I just don’t remember where but its in the westside.
Ford uses a facility in Utah, just west of SLC, for (one of) their performance driving school(s). Google Utah Motorsports Complex. I'll bet this is where the BRaptor school will be held. Potentially also the one in North Carolina, but in Utah they'll have more access to off-road courses.

Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All in if I were fortunate enough to get an allocation for a Raptor...a beast than can deliver on everything I need and more. To me the appearance aligns perfectly to the brand.

Boldbronco

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus and E350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford uses a facility in Utah, just west of SLC, for (one of) their performance driving school(s). Google Utah Motorsports Complex. I'll bet this is where the BRaptor school will be held. Potentially also the one in North Carolina, but in Utah they'll have more access to off-road courses.
I’ll absolutely be flying to wherever will the Raptor school be, I’m hoping for excellent trails, the crazier the better. thanks.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That is/was part of the Ford Performance facilities (Miller Motorsports Park) until they moved the road track stuff to NC (Roval) and kept the off road stuff in UT. I have been there.

Boldbronco

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus and E350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was told this a couple months ago when I inquired about why you can't choose a Raptor as the model you ordered. They told me keep watching for a Raptor event in the future.
Ohhhh and The plot thickens.