Sponsored

One small gripe - universal garage door opener not standard

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why isn’t a universal garage door opener standard? It’s in the lux package which seems a bit cheap of Ford. Can’t remember the last car or truck I’ve had that didn’t come with one.
Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why isn’t a universal garage door opener standard? It’s in the lux package which seems a bit cheap of Ford. Can’t remember the last car or truck I’ve had that didn’t come with one.
When you are rockin’ out a soft top this isn’t always the best option for security reasons. I had to hide my opener in the Jeep. However it should be a standalone option for those of us that would like to have it at any trim level. Locking it to the Lux package limits it to OBX and above.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When you are rockin’ out a soft top this isn’t always the best option for security reasons. I had to hide my opener in the Jeep. However it should be a standalone option for those of us that would like to have it at any trim level. Locking it to the Lux package limits it to OBX and above.
Good point. I’d be happy to pay $100 or whatever for the visor that has it added though. Of course, I’ll have a hard too but that won’t be on during the summer.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Universal GD openers were kinda standard for a long time. Now, the Garage Doors use some kinda mumbo-jumbo revolving code, and all the manufacturer's found a way to skinny another $395 out of ya... I expect that it will also be available as a stand alone option, but the $395 part won't go away!

Reactions: fv9

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point. I’d be happy to pay $100 or whatever for the visor that has it added though. Of course, I’ll have a hard too but that won’t be on during the summer.
I'll have both, soft and hard depending on my mood. :sneaky:

You only have to pay for the entire lux package to get the one little feature you want.

Ford Bronco One small gripe - universal garage door opener not standard Untitled

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depends on how the remote was wired by the factory. many don't work when no vehicle power is available (sucks if you killed the vehicle battery).

we've got one vehicle of each variety

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree this should be a basic item. The Aviator requires an expensive package to get a wireless charger, another basic item.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they don't make it a standalone option then Ford continues to erode my confidence in the Bronco as a daily driver.
I haven’t looked at much new stuff lately but I’ve never seen homelink as a standalone option.

I think it’s odd it’s not in a lower packages (like Mid) but I doubt it will be standalone - does any Ford have it standalone?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven’t looked at much new stuff lately but I’ve never seen homelink as a standalone option.

I think it’s odd it’s not in a lower packages (like Mid) but I doubt it will be standalone - does any Ford have it standalone?
You have to buy mid to even get auto dimming rearview mirror I think. Pretty stingy
Sponsored