Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that we have gotten an idea of what the Bronco is going to look like, what do you like about the design and what don’t you like? What do you hope to see implemented?

The Bronco R is a stretched out two door race truck that’s probably more the actual length of the four door. So besides the extreme features what’s your opinion looks wise?

Likes; I really like the hood. The nod to the EB with the flared up front fenders is such a great touch. I like the boxy shape and how the roof line (height) looks shortened and so less top heavy. The outline of the rear of the vehicle looks good too and the grill looks sharp, flat up and down like I hoped. Lastly I like the angle of the A pillar. I think the production version will be even more straight angled up but that’s okay to me.

Dislikes; I think my only real dislike is the rear cabin top. It’s a little too boxy and seems to look more like a Troller or Defender to me then a Bronco. I was hoping it would be a touch more angled and have a look more like that of the full-size top.

Hopes; I hope the headlights look good. I wouldn’t hate round headlights but since the vehicle seems to be very boxy I think a rounded edged square headlight or C shaped headlight would fit it more.
I also would like to see the finders flared out around the wheel wells but with the fenders continuing to be flat otherwise. Im indifferent to the angled or just curved wheel well. I’m hoping the four door can pull off a decent Bronco look. I for see it shaping up to be very similar to Jeeps with that very square back window.
I have a feeling the tailgate is going to be like Jeep’s as well.

Overall though I’m really happy with how it’s starting to look. To me it looks very Bronco in the front but the back seems less unique but I’m just happy it’s boxy.

Ford-Bronco_R_Concept-2019-wallpaper.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Dislikes: It's not in my garage as we speak.

Hopes: I'd like to see the roofline more elevated and the windshield less raked (like the tarp image). My focus is turned to the interior, behind the front seats. I need a flat floor surface or Bronco won't functionally work for me.

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
Now that we have gotten an idea of what the Bronco is going to look like, what do you like about the design and what don’t you like? What do you hope to see implemented?

The Bronco R is a stretched out two door race truck that’s probably more the actual length of the four door. So besides the extreme features what’s your opinion looks wise?

Likes; I really like the hood. The nod to the EB with the flared up front fenders is such a great touch. I like the boxy shape and how the roof line (height) looks shortened and so less top heavy. The outline of the rear of the vehicle looks good too and the grill looks sharp, flat up and down like I hoped. Lastly I like the angle of the A pillar. I think the production version will be even more straight angled up but that’s okay to me.

Dislikes; I think my only real dislike is the rear cabin top. It’s a little too boxy and seems to look more like a Troller or Defender to me then a Bronco. I was hoping it would be a touch more angled and have a look more like that of the full-size top.

Hopes; I hope the headlights look good. I wouldn’t hate round headlights but since the vehicle seems to be very boxy I think a rounded edged square headlight or C shaped headlight would fit it more.
I also would like to see the finders flared out around the wheel wells but with the fenders continuing to be flat otherwise. Im indifferent to the angled or just curved wheel well. I’m hoping the four door can pull off a decent Bronco look. I for see it shaping up to be very similar to Jeeps with that very square back window.
I have a feeling the tailgate is going to be like Jeep’s as well.

Overall though I’m really happy with how it’s starting to look. To me it looks very Bronco in the front but the back seems less unique but I’m just happy it’s boxy.

Ford-Bronco_R_Concept-2019-wallpaper.jpg

Sooooo do you like the boxy-ness or not? Your dislikes said you didn't like the rear roof because it was boxy but at the bottom you said that you were happy it was boxy. Unless I just cant fully comprehend what I'm reading at 8am lol

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Likes: The extremely flared fenders look great. I really like the design of the hood with the fender corners and the raised section (are we calling it a power bulge?)

Dislikes: Not a visual design feature, but straight pipes without a crossover tube sure make for a terrible sounding V6. Ecoboost engines can sound ok, this one was baaad.

Hopes: I'd love if a 'Raptor' version of the Bronco could have similar flared fender panels rather than bolt on fender extensions, but with an appropriate tire size and track width to fit under and within it. I know that they mentioned the R has a chopped roof compared to the production so I'd expect it to have a somewhat taller roof and a somewhat more upright windscreen (hopefully not by too much). I'm also really hoping the side between the bottom of the window and the bottom of the truck doesn't increase in height too much, keeps the truck looking lean and mean to have that section fairly narrow.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Likes: uh ya the whole R is badass, but the clues to production looks are so minimal. We new it was going to be shaped like a box, Ford built us a Baja ready dick tease.

Dislikes: still don’t know what the “open air” experience will be. Sounds like complete shit!

hopes: build me something similar in design to the R, raptor suspension, full convertibility of the roof...please put the coyote in it!!!!

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I looooove the low roof.

LCG build would look like FIRE on this with a low roof.

I have no dislikes at this point. I'm pretty pumped and this is at the top of my list when I buy next year. I've never had a Ford out of 20 some-odd trucks I've owned and this has me chomping at the bit to get one.

Interior design and execution, NVH with top on (this will be my daily), and just general livibility/options are my questions...Also...There BETTER be a Raptor version from the start :D

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likes: uh ya the whole R is badass, but the clues to production looks are so minimal. We new it was going to be shaped like a box, Ford built us a Baja ready dick tease.

Dislikes: still don’t know what the “open air” experience will be. Sounds like complete shit!

hopes: build me something similar in design to the R, raptor suspension, full convertibility of the roof...please put the coyote in it!!!!
You know. it just occurs to me. Maybe the roof hatch for the 3rd person on the R, Is a hint to how the roof panels will be on the production model.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know. it just occurs to me. Maybe the roof hatch for the 3rd person on the R, Is a hint to how the roof panels will be on the production model.
Maybe, but I think it’s for helmet clearance as the third seat probably sits higher than the front.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooooo do you like the boxy-ness or not? Your dislikes said you didn't like the rear roof because it was boxy but at the bottom you said that you were happy it was boxy. Unless I just cant fully comprehend what I'm reading at 8am lol
Ha yeah I thought someone would bring that up. So yes I’ve always liked and wanted the Bronco to be boxy but to a point. I feel small details is what’s separates itself from other SUVs. A Bronco has always had a bit of a angle to the rear top. Even the EB has more of a angle then the R has. To me it just doesn’t look uniquely Bronco in that regard.
What I’d ideally like was the rending on on this site has. To me that’s the perfect top for it. You instantly recognize it as a Bronco.

bronco6g-fordbronco-top4-1549654762.jpg

It’s a small detail I can get over and maybe even learn to like more. Also, I think the reason for it is so the window can slide out and be removed easier. So I’m not mad at that.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopes: I'd love if a 'Raptor' version of the Bronco could have similar flared fender panels rather than bolt on fender extensions, but with an appropriate tire size and track width to fit under and within it. I know that they mentioned the R has a chopped roof compared to the production so I'd expect it to have a somewhat taller roof and a somewhat more upright windscreen (hopefully not by too much). I'm also really hoping the side between the bottom of the window and the bottom of the truck doesn't increase in height too much, keeps the truck looking lean and mean to have that section fairly narrow.
Though I’m not particularly interested in a Raptor Bronco I definitely agree with you. I think it would look amazing that way.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

dislikes: knowing that the production Bronco isn’t going to look that good

hopes: For the production Bronco;
Low slung roofline of the R
Wide like the R
Molded fender flares like the R
Stepped window line like the R
Grille like the R
Fully removable top (none of this pop out panel BS)
C-clamp headlights (maybe with some round running lights inside, but the housings themselves need to be square)
TTV6 mated to a manual transmission
Towing capacity similar to the 4Runner

I know a lot of guys in here are looking for a wrangler competitor, but I’m looking for more of a bit smaller 4 runner

Sumarongi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unimog
Dear Ford,

Like many, I love the look of the Bronco R. Please don’t water it down. There is a market here for people who want something genuinely badass.

Design wise, I won’t go into as much detail as others, but I can mirror their sentiment. What I want is something iconic, like the original Bronco, that has value, and will be worthy of restoration 30 years hence.

There has been a dearth of good design, in auto manufacturing over the last 30/40years. I don’t want a disposable car. This is your chance to make American automobiles great again.

I want the tech to be simple and understated. I don’t need tons of bells and whistles, that is going to be outdated in 6 months. I don’t want an iPad on wheels. CarPlay itself is enough. Make everything else as analog as possible. Make the interior comfortable, but with simple lines, not a lot of crevices to collect dust and dirt. Let me install an epic sound system and yet, able to wash the thing out with a hose.

I want something that is capable, rugged, fun and badass. Something that dominates the road and the trail. Something that is engineered so well it will take everything I throw at it. IDGAF if it had IFS or SFA, I want to rally 100mph in the desert on my way to hit a super gnarly, rocky, tech trail that takes me up a ridge to an overlook, where I can set up camp and, sleep in the back with an epic view.

I want to take off the top and feel the wind through my hair. I want to go to amazing places, where no other vehicle can get to. I want an automobile that is awesome and fun, like they used to be, when the original Bronco was made.

I want something with no compromises and I am willing to pay for it.

Hear me Ford. Hear me!
Sponsored

Last edited: