Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a former owner of a JLU I’m noticing two things really. Either they stare (presumably in awe) or they purposely look away or down. The latter happens probably 80% of the time.
This. I tell my wife all the time to watch the jeep owners. They try to look without letting you know they are looking. lol

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got tail gated by Jeep Wrangler once in my own neighborhood. He was was tailgating me as I was driving above the speed limit in our neighborhood. He was so close I slowed down purposefully around the curves, then put my blinker on to turn left on our street off of the main road and went around the corner real slow. He nearly rammed me. I have no idea what was up with the dude, jeez.....

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I pulled into my parents house this past weekend and was walking up their steps when I noticed a Wrangler driving past their house stop and back up. Next thing I know this gentleman is walking up the driveway and asking if he can take a picture as he hadn't seen a 2-door yet. Super nice older guy. Commented how he loved the look and how it reminded him of the original Broncos. Only quasi-negative thing out his mouth was how a son-in-law has a 4-door which he doesn't think looks like a Bronco (sorry 4-door crew), haha!
Happened to me more than once where I was approached by guys on the beach. The Moar Door is fairly common here as many opted for the softie to get a Bronco sooner. They say they have seen them around, but mine is the first that they have seen that looks like the original Broncos. They then will compliment the looks and proportions while offering up the criticism that something looks off about the others they have seen.

My biggest criticism of my Bronco is that it is a D_ck Magnet. It's always the guys that are enamored with the looks and approaching me to ask questions.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.......

Attachments

Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thought I was seeing things and my wife was crazy.

A week ago here in the great northwest my wife was driving the bronco. A jeep 4 door wrangler pulls up next to her and stays at her side for a little while, suddenly he pulls away and gets in front of her then hits the breaks. Of course speeds away afterwards. I don't think much about it really Because I figured my wife did something goofy that upset the fool.

Yesterday I'm coming back from my son's flag football game and Pass a wrangler going the opposite direction. The guy flips me off I think.. He's holding on to the wheel and drops the middle finger down. Not positive that's what he's doing but pretty sure lol. The wife says I'm just looking into it wrong. Maybe so..

Well today the wife was flipped off twice by two different wranglers the same exact way I was lol. She tells me I'm not crazy lol.

So what's the deal with the wrangler folks acting like fools towards bronco owners.
I've had noting but positive interaction.
My wife and I went to dinner and a Jeep pulled up next to us as we were going in. Guy admired the Bronco and bought us a drink. Turns out he has a 2 door on order and mine was the first he has seen live.
I've had people take pictures of the Bronco in parking lots and at gas stations.
Best encounter was a guy that pulled up next to me with a 1966 Bronco 2 door with a 289 3 on the tree. That was pretty cool. I need to find a 60's Bronco!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a former owner of a JLU I’m noticing two things really. Either they stare (presumably in awe) or they purposely look away or down. The latter happens probably 80% of the time.
Yep, same here. It's like they don't want you to know they're looking at your Bronco!

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd agree with this one, the people on the trail are always cool and welcoming and don't give a shit about what you're in (unless it's a Prius).
I agree, but on a side note: Holy cow I can't wait for the day when our collective forum intelligence moves beyond the Prius phrases. It will be a glorious day.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish lol. I'd hang with him
Seriously, I think there are just more assholes in the world now then there have ever been. Unfortunately, you and your wife encountered a few of them. I stopped flipping people off on the road for legitimate reasons years ago. These are just adults acting like children.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Jeep guy told me yesterday my Bronco was the coolest vehicle he’s ever seen. Proceeded to shit on the few soft tops he’d seen. My kind of guy, they aren’t all douches.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eh, a handful is not representative as a whole.

I will say that I personally have never encountered an idiot Wrangler owner out on the trail. Everyone I have ran into on the trail have been fantastic people.

The Wrangler owners in the Walmart parking lot… however… those people be crazy.
I feel like most Jeep Club members are respectful of others. It’s possible that the Jeepers you are encountering could be individual Jeepers. Members of a negative club maybe?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, but on a side note: Holy cow I can't wait for the day when our collective forum intelligence moves beyond the Prius phrases. It will be a glorious day.
To me, it's more that the Prius is an awful car to drive and worthy of ridicule on that merit alone.
Sponsored