Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 1969 U14 EB, 1969 U15 EB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been seeing the stories in the news about gas tanks getting drilled by gas thieves. Unfortunately they hit our Bronco while the wife was at work. They got spooked off, thus all the fuel on the ground and the Fire Department. Question is, once it is fixed what after market skid plates cover the fuel tank the best? in the picture you can see they drilled in to the side, so something that comes up high on the sides would be ideal. Something the thieves would look under and realize it would be too much work to drill.

Ford Bronco PSA: Gas Tank Got Drilled by Gas Thieves [WARNING: NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE or POLITICS] BroncoLeak
Ford Bronco PSA: Gas Tank Got Drilled by Gas Thieves [WARNING: NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE or POLITICS] BroncoHole
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy s$@! we've gotten to this level? I haven't heard anything about this, but I also don't read or watch the news too much. Sorry it happened to you guys.

Since it's really the side you are looking to protect, I'm just not sure how much aftermarket skids are going to prioritize that since they also want them to be light and would prioritize just the bottom. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been seeing the stories in the news about gas tanks getting drilled by gas thieves. Unfortunately they hit our Bronco while the wife was at work. They got spooked off, thus all the fuel on the ground and the Fire Department. Question is, once it is fixed what after market skid plates cover the fuel tank the best? in the picture you can see they drilled in to the side, so something that comes up high on the sides would be ideal. Something the thieves would look under and realize it would be too much work to drill.

Ford Bronco PSA: Gas Tank Got Drilled by Gas Thieves [WARNING: NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE or POLITICS] BroncoHole
For $100- or $150 you're gonna do that?? IDIOTS

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

full body skids from metalcloak would stop them
Yep, I've got the MC skids. They protect the gas tank pretty good.

JCR is the only other company that I've seen with skids, and they say they're 30-45 days out on fab.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jwredneck

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy s$@! we've gotten to this level? I haven't heard anything about this, but I also don't read or watch the news too much. Sorry it happened to you guys.

Since it's really the side you are looking to protect, I'm just not sure how much aftermarket skids are going to prioritize that since they also want them to be light and would prioritize just the bottom. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.
My neighbor is a Fireman with the crew that responded. He said they get called out at least once a day for a fuel leak do to being drilled. Usually in large parking lots where someone has parked away from the store.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoLeak.jpg
BroncoHole.jpg
Wow, I was considering driving my Bronco up from Salt Lake City to visit my parents in Federal Way, Wa. and driving without the hardtop on. To be honest, the thought of the amount of property crime up there has had me second guessing this, even before seeing this post.
Sorry to hear about your Bronco

OP
OP
Jwredneck

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

full body skids from metalcloak would stop them
Looking at those now. I got welding skills and might be able to extend the sides up higher around the tank on these.

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco PSA: Gas Tank Got Drilled by Gas Thieves [WARNING: NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE or POLITICS] always-sunny-in-philadelphia-gas

OP
OP
Jwredneck

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, I was considering driving my Bronco up from Salt Lake City to visit my parents in Federal Way, Wa. and driving without the hardtop on. To be honest, the thought of the amount of property crime up there has had me second guessing this, even before seeing this post.
Sorry to hear about your Bronco
This happened in the Dash Point are of Federal Way.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People are just as reckless and desperate as they are stupid. Just saw an article not long ago about a father and son facing prison for shooting a dude that was in the process of stealing their catalytic converter.
Happened here not to long ago, except an off duty cop went to stop them and he got killed. Over catalytic converters. I do business with people in the scrap industry (welding shop) and we made sure our guy does not buy converters.

The guy I get my glasses from had his A/C stripped of all the copper, had it fixed and they came back and stole it all again. So he asked us to make him an A/C cage this time.

People suck and will steal anything that ain't nailed down or overprotected.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're not that far from each other and I haven't heard about this being a problem. It's rather strange since the Bronco uses an un-locked fuel door and the Oklahoma Credit Card is accepted in every parking lot across the country.

That being said, I can literally smell the stench of "Freedom" from here! Oh America, stay classy you crazy bunch of nearly 3rd-world, 1st world bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.