Sponsored

Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web.....

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all, Don't know what happened to the exterior pics, so pasting the text, and re-adding the pics that some have asked for. Hopefully it all works out this time......

Day 1.... My old daily driver behind. Bye-bye Explorer, Hello Bronco. I had the tires and rims ready to mount as soon as it was here. NO, the front plate was NOT drilled into the lower valance. I made some straight clips to put behind the grille temporarily until I made a plate holder. Notice the WildTrak sticker is gone....
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... IMG_5424.JPG

Exterior....
Rims are Fuel Rebel 6 (17X9 offset -12) Anthracite Center W/ Black Lip. Color matched perfect with the Carbonized Grey.
Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 35X12.5X17 . Best tires I have ever had on a 4X4 by far, and they stand behind their tires. 50,000 Mile Warranty.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... IMG_5426.JPG

First thing.... change ugly stickers to proper badges. I made the WildTrak w/Sasquatch and also the Bronco badges even before I had the vehicle. The bucking Bronco and Ford badge just painted to match. I am using "RED" as my accent color, as I think it goes well with the black and Carbonized Grey.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... IMG_5488.JPG

Next, Line-X the grille (Hard Top and Fender Flares also, later)
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image3

and add some cool lights I made..... off....
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image0 (9)

On..... Wired them into upper toggle switch #6, so I can turn them on and off when I like.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image1 (6)

Time to put front plate on with existing bolts (no drilling).... prototype plate holder made and mounted.
Unpainted... just temporary for now. Update.... Finished plate on now, and painted.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image3 (4)

Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image1 (9)

Added "steel" rear bumper to replace plastic one. From 4WD Parts. Best one that fit my vision of what I want. I may (will) change it later. Fender Flares and Hardtop Line-X'ed at this point. no leaks, and quieter.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image0 (18)

Back up lights installed on new bumper with brackets I made. This bumper looked better with flush mount, rather than pod lights that would have been inset. Wired them into existing stock back up lights.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image0 (22)

Also, made a front and rear plate surround with the Bucking Bronco, and Canadian Maple Leaf.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image0 (20)

Front view.... Plate surround, and my Lights.... All added lights are from Vivid Lumen Based in Kelowna. Wanted to support a local company, and besides being cheaper than Rigid, they are much brighter, and carry a Lifetime Warranty. I have 4 Side Shooters... 2 on the mirror mounts facing about 30 degrees, 2 on the top outside of the light bar, facing 90 degrees, and my 40" Dual Row Midnight series Light Bar. All wired into the upper toggle switches for when I need them. Very happy with these lights !!!
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image2 (12)

Oh, the Ram Air Hood !! from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts. Long story short, my OE hood was bowed from the factory, so Ford agreed to replace it. Instead, took allocation money and bought this one, which is the one I would have gotten down the road anyways, so it all worked out. Ford also paid for the painting of the hood. My only complaint is that my hood struts won't work until I make some reinforcement plates for the AVC Hood. Being fiberglass, I don't want to take a chance of cracking it at the mount point, so I am making a plate to take the stress. Seems funny, that our stock hoods have the spot for struts, and now the Raptor and Everglades have hood struts. Think about that...... Hopefully, AVC will incorporate that in future molds. Other than the struts, this hood fit well, and is made well. Very little prep to paint time. If they ever make Baja Fenders, I'm in !!!

Rear View.....
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image1 (16)

Other Exterior add ons.....
Stubby antenna. Gear America Uber Anti-Theft Shackles front and rear. More to do on the exterior, but still working on it...... "Proper" mounted Tube Rock Sliders, and a Tube front Bumper with removable Winch, which will work with the LUX package and keep all sensors where they are, and NOT block Inter-Cooler or ACC. Sure, now I get your attention.......... o_O
Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Contact us for questions about using our Hood Struts with aftermarket hoods. (y)

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet looking Bronco!

How are you liking those Baja Boss’s? Did they dramatically reduce your fuel efficiency? I’m thinking about getting them but they’re pretty heavy compared to the stock Sasquatch tires.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, Don't know what happened to the exterior pics, so pasting the text, and re-adding the pics that some have asked for. Hopefully it all works out this time......

Day 1.... My old daily driver behind. Bye-bye Explorer, Hello Bronco. I had the tires and rims ready to mount as soon as it was here. NO, the front plate was NOT drilled into the lower valance. I made some straight clips to put behind the grille temporarily until I made a plate holder. Notice the WildTrak sticker is gone....
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Exterior pics that disappeared in the Web..... image1 (16)

Exterior....
Rims are Fuel Rebel 6 (17X9 offset -12) Anthracite Center W/ Black Lip. Color matched perfect with the Carbonized Grey.
Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 35X12.5X17 . Best tires I have ever had on a 4X4 by far, and they stand behind their tires. 50,000 Mile Warranty.

First thing.... change ugly stickers to proper badges. I made the WildTrak w/Sasquatch and also the Bronco badges even before I had the vehicle. The bucking Bronco and Ford badge just painted to match. I am using "RED" as my accent color, as I think it goes well with the black and Carbonized Grey.

Next, Line-X the grille (Hard Top and Fender Flares also, later)

and add some cool lights I made..... off....

On..... Wired them into upper toggle switch #6, so I can turn them on and off when I like.

Time to put front plate on with existing bolts (no drilling).... prototype plate holder made and mounted.
Unpainted... just temporary for now. Update.... Finished plate on now, and painted.

Added "steel" rear bumper to replace plastic one. From 4WD Parts. Best one that fit my vision of what I want. I may (will) change it later. Fender Flares and Hardtop Line-X'ed at this point. no leaks, and quieter.

Back up lights installed on new bumper with brackets I made. This bumper looked better with flush mount, rather than pod lights that would have been inset. Wired them into existing stock back up lights.

Also, made a front and rear plate surround with the Bucking Bronco, and Canadian Maple Leaf.

Front view.... Plate surround, and my Lights.... All added lights are from Vivid Lumen Based in Kelowna. Wanted to support a local company, and besides being cheaper than Rigid, they are much brighter, and carry a Lifetime Warranty. I have 4 Side Shooters... 2 on the mirror mounts facing about 30 degrees, 2 on the top outside of the light bar, facing 90 degrees, and my 40" Dual Row Midnight series Light Bar. All wired into the upper toggle switches for when I need them. Very happy with these lights !!!

Oh, the Ram Air Hood !! from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts. Long story short, my OE hood was bowed from the factory, so Ford agreed to replace it. Instead, took allocation money and bought this one, which is the one I would have gotten down the road anyways, so it all worked out. Ford also paid for the painting of the hood. My only complaint is that my hood struts won't work until I make some reinforcement plates for the AVC Hood. Being fiberglass, I don't want to take a chance of cracking it at the mount point, so I am making a plate to take the stress. Seems funny, that our stock hoods have the spot for struts, and now the Raptor and Everglades have hood struts. Think about that...... Hopefully, AVC will incorporate that in future molds. Other than the struts, this hood fit well, and is made well. Very little prep to paint time. If they ever make Baja Fenders, I'm in !!!

Rear View.....

Other Exterior add ons.....
Stubby antenna. Gear America Uber Anti-Theft Shackles front and rear. More to do on the exterior, but still working on it...... "Proper" mounted Tube Rock Sliders, and a Tube front Bumper with removable Winch, which will work with the LUX package and keep all sensors where they are, and NOT block Inter-Cooler or ACC. Sure, now I get your attention.......... o_O
How did you make the plate surrounds?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sweet looking Bronco!

How are you liking those Baja Boss’s? Did they dramatically reduce your fuel efficiency? I’m thinking about getting them but they’re pretty heavy compared to the stock Sasquatch tires.
Love them.... I've had many tires on different 4X4's and after having these, I won't change back to any others. They are great in all weather and situations I've come into so far. As for fuel economy, I don't really find a big difference compared to the stock ones, mind you, I only had the stock ones on one full day, but I hear about rocks flying with the Goodyears, and I have only had one rock fly up, and no chip. I think if you switch, you will like them. I can't wait until I can get in the sand with them..... that will be fun.

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did you make the plate surrounds?
made the design, and then lasered the surround, Bucking Bronco, and the Maple leaf out of acrylic. 1/4" on the surround, and 1/8" on the add ons.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

made the design, and then lasered the surround, Bucking Bronco, and the Maple leaf out of acrylic. 1/4" on the surround, and 1/8" on the add ons.
Thanks

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love the build. I was on the fence about whether I wanted a 4 door or 2 door but now I see the 2 door and glad I don't fit in the 4 door. haha. The bucking Bronco and Bronco logo on the tailgate, did you make them?

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love the build. I was on the fence about whether I wanted a 4 door or 2 door but now I see the 2 door and glad I don't fit in the 4 door. haha. The bucking Bronco and Bronco logo on the tailgate, did you make them?
Thanks for the compliment. Only downfall of the 2 door is storage, but as time goes by, more companies are making storage solutions, and I wouldn't change.
The Bucking Bronco on the tailgate is factory, just painted satin, but I did make a border for it, as well as the smaller old script bronco logo, and that border.

Sponsored

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the compliment. Only downfall of the 2 door is storage, but as time goes by, more companies are making storage solutions, and I wouldn't change.
The Bucking Bronco on the tailgate is factory, just painted satin, but I did make a border for it, as well as the smaller old script bronco logo, and that border.
How did you make the border? I love the red, looks really clean.

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did you make the border? I love the red, looks really clean.
made it 1/16" bigger than the black, and lasered it out, and then painted it. Used 1/8" acrylic.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Digging the build.

For the fender flares, did you do the line-x diy or take it to a line-x store?

My bronco should be arriving any day now, and line-x on the SAS flares seems like the best option to keep from getting weird chips/scratches/stains on the MIC plastic. Plus it looks cool as hell lol

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've Raptor-lined an old TJ some years ago, and was able to achieve the more granular texture you've got on your grille there by spraying instead of rolling. It looks really great on yours and I've been debating doing something similar with mine.

Would you mind sharing what you used for spraying, and at what values? I used my air compressor at around 55psi I want to say? It's been too long.

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Digging the build.

For the fender flares, did you do the line-x diy or take it to a line-x store?

My bronco should be arriving any day now, and line-x on the SAS flares seems like the best option to keep from getting weird chips/scratches/stains on the MIC plastic. Plus it looks cool as hell lol
Got them done at a Line-X Installer. Didn't want the hassle of all the prep and I got the grille and Hardtop done also. It insulated the noise a bit from the outside, and very easy to clean.
Thanks for the compliment.
Sponsored