Sponsored

4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now if CG comes with that color interior I'm out. I'd have see that color in person. I'm like 80% Silver and 20% CG, both with dark top.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When did Ford put out that info?
He may be referring to a post from I believe yesterday (that generated a ton of conversation about accuracy, etc) from someone who attended a recent viewing of the broncos. The bronco6 member asked one of the ford employees that was present whether the top would be available in white -as an option. The reply was yes and the member asked a second time to verfy and was told yes again. You can find and read the thread as it generated much comment and speculation-understandably.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The question specifically was asked at a ride along event sponsored by Ford with ford reps there and one of our own Bronco6g members asked the question and it was answered yes there will be a white top option..
As far as a "white top" is concerned, and a Ford rep saying that a white top will be an option, unfortunately what he said isn't anything new.

A painted white top has been an option from the beginning, ON OXFORD WHITE VEHICLES.

What most people who want a white hard top are actually looking for is not a painted white top, but a "molded-in-white" top, that can be had on any color Bronco.

Nuance, people, nuance.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as a "white top" is concerned, and a Ford rep saying that a white top will be an option, unfortunately what he said isn't anything new.

A painted white top has been an option from the beginning, ON OXFORD WHITE VEHICLES.

What most people who want a white hard top are actually looking for is not a painted white top, but a "molded-in-white" top, that can be had on any color Bronco.

Nuance, people, nuance.
I've seen barely any discussion on molded-in-color white tops. Pretty sure most people want a painted white top option on any color. The Ford rep seemingly confirmed that it will be an option. What he said is definitely new information.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The white hard top on the Cactus Gray in question is a molded in white color top. Thats what I would want.

Ford Bronco 4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com) white top inside

Body-color-matched tops painted in white have been an option from the beginning considering Oxford White is an option.

But in my opinion a glossy, painted white top on a Bronco of a different color would look weird and mismatched. Like a truck with a camper top that was painted to match a truck of a different color.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The white hard top on the Cactus Gray in question is a molded in white color top. Thats what I would want.

Ford Bronco 4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com) white top inside
I'll take either. That concept top seems to be glossy rather than textured, though. So it looks like a painted top.

Body-color-matched tops painted in white have been an option from the beginning considering Oxford White is an option.
But prior to last week, we thought that the white top would only be available on white Broncos.

But in my opinion a glossy, painted white top on a Bronco of a different color would look weird and mismatched. Like a truck with a camper top that was painted to match a truck of a different color.
It'll look like a Bronco.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cars.com’s Facebook page has shared some new shots of the 4 Door cactus gray Bronco. I think they’re new? Sharing if they are! Haha

This is the one ..the White top, interior etc with Cactus Gray...

The black top does not do it for me.. and the white compliments the cactus gray..superb

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll take either. That concept top seems to be glossy rather than textured, though. So it looks like a painted top.

But prior to last week, we thought that the white top would only be available on white Broncos.

It'll look like a Bronco.
1. Thats semi-gloss at most, but more accurately a satin finish. You think they painted the inside of that top??? Dude. Come on. You and I both know that top is made out of WHITE PLASTIC.

2. I didn't think that.

3. Yes, but a white textured top would look like a better-looking Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Thats semi-gloss at most, but more accurately a satin finish. You think they painted the inside of that top??? Dude. Come on. You and I both know that top is made out of WHITE PLASTIC.
No, I don't think they painted the inside of the top. But It doesn't seem to have the texture of the production MIC tops. It doesn't matter, though, since it's a concept that will not be available.

2. I didn't think that.
OK, but a painted white top is literally not an option as of now on anything other than a white Bronco. The first we've heard of it being an option was last week from the Ford rep at the employee event.

3. Yes, but a white textured top would look like a better-looking Bronco.
Agreed. I'd prefer a MIC top in general, but if painted is the only way to get a white top, then I'll get it.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, I don't think they painted the inside of the top. But It doesn't seem to have the texture of the production MIC tops.

The first we've heard of it being an option was last week from the Ford rep at the employee event.

Agreed. I'd prefer a MIC top in general, but if painted is the only way to get a white top, then I'll get it.
To my eyes, it DOES have the same texture of the mic tops.

"It doesn't matter, though, since it's a concept that will not be available."

This is the problem, people keep making statements as fact that haven't been determined yet.

How do you know that top is just a concept that won't be available? Nobody has said that top WONT be available.

How do you know that this top isn't exactly what the Ford rep was talking about? And conversely, how do you know he wasn't just talking about the painted white top available on white Broncos?

You don't. I don't either. We don't even know if this Ford rep understood exactly what he was being asked. We don't know if the OP misunderstood the answer that the Ford rep gave him.

Even if we assume there was no miscommunication, we don't know that the rep was right or not. He could have thought he knew, but it could turn out he was wrong.

OK, but a painted white top is literally not an option as of now on anything other than a white Bronco.
This is also incorrect. I can buy any color Bronco I want, select the dual top option, and select an Oxford White hard top.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is also incorrect. I can buy any color Bronco I want, select the dual top option, and select an Oxford White hard top.
All information we have (and don't have) says you can't. Why do you think this? Wouldn't Ford let us know somewhere if this was an option?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All information we have (and don't have) says you can't. Why do you think this? Wouldn't Ford let us know somewhere if this was an option?
1. According to the Ford website, we we have known that body color painted hardtops would be available.

• Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Body Color-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)

2. We can buy any color Bronco we want, and also buy an Oxford White hardtop. Can we not?

3. The Ford rep said a painted white top would be available.

4. Why is what the Ford rep said "news"?
Sponsored